237

Chapter 237 Owing Favors

The photo in the dossier bore quite the resemblance to Erkan Lewis.

This looked exactly like the face Gasper saw at the club, in the audience seat.

The same face Gasper had been shadowing all these months.

Gaspar went missing for several months. Then news finally came when on board the Saint No. 2 cruise ship.

He told him over the phone that the face resembled Erkan is not him. The DNA didn’t match.

And so Gasper persuaded him to hold position. Could be a coincidence they looked alike.

He was indeed swayed back then.

One cannot fake his DNA. The scientific proof is there.

But now the mail Ziana sent was a clear statement that this man, who looked like the deceased Erkan Lewis, was the one sending him weird emails. He is suspect.

“Sean Yates…” Biber read his name and sifted through the dossier. His face darkened. “That’s quite the resemblance; you can hardly tell the difference. You suspect this is Erkan Lewis?”

Jeffrey had just left, and there were only the two of them in the room. They can speak their thoughts.

“Hmm,” said Boris with a mysterious look.

“I thought Erkan was dead?” Even the well-informed Biber now felt his mind explode. “No one can bring back the dead. Plus, the DNA

doesn’t match. How can they be the same person?”

“I don’t know,” said Boris, confused.

He felt his head throbbing and leaned on the chair to massage his eyebrows. “There must be something we’ve overlooked or didn’t

think of. He must have something to do with Erkan, even if it’s not him.”

“In short, not a friendly,” Biber summarized. Then he saw Boris looked bad, and consoled him. “Back then, we had no idea what we were up against, and now we’re making progress. He’s bound to slip up now that we know it’s him.”

Boris nodded slightly.

This truly is the only consolation left.

With him out of the shadows, Boris can now begin to level the playing field.

“What are you gonna do?” Biber asked.

Boris shook his head. “I got it covered.”

Biber paused for a bit. “You need anything else, let me know.”

“Just get it on with the Western Royalty. Did you find out about what Edison wants with her?” Boris replied in a deep voice.

Biber snapped his fingers. “I was just about to tell you that.”

Boris turned around. There was no emotion on his poker face.

Biber first answered his question. “I have yet to find out about why Edison Andrew was going near her. Maybe because there was nothing to find out about in the first place. What I’m about to tell you, is his relationship with Ziana, and the Scott Company.”

“He’s friends with Yudel, this much I know,” said Boris. “And he’s also second in line to Ziana’s fiances.”

“Did you know when Edison and the Scott Company started collaborating?” Biber responded to Boris’ curious gaze. “Five years ago.”

This had been much too sensitive a time for him.

“You must be well aware of Edison’s place in the Western Royalty. Bullied in his early years, not even Princess Lia could protect him. But that all changed of a sudden, five years ago.”

“What happened?”

“Edison went on a graduation trip out of the West that year. And when he returned, he was backed by the Scott Company, and his life in the West began to improve.” A light of wisdom flashed across Biber’s sharp eyes. “Weird, isn’t it?”

Of course it is.

Boris himself was from a big company. He was well aware that no company would back someone without an angle.

Investments need returns.

Edison’s place among the Western Royalty has been quite awkward.

Being a love child means he would be barred from the center of power.

Without someone to back him up, he’ll be at disadvantage when contending for the throne.

He was gentle, but that was the least quality valued by the royal family, who viewed power above all.

When a company supported a member of the royal family, they were betting on this member to end up on the throne.

Edison didn’t stand out, he seemed hardly worth the effort to support.

No one would have backed him had they thought it through.

But the Scott Company had supported him for over five years already, aiding him every step of the way.

“It’s almost as if they owed him favors,” Boris concluded sulkily.

Biber didn’t comment on that. “So here’s the weird part. What exactly could this ordinary, abandoned child of the Western Royalty have done, that had the Scott Company owed him favors?”