#23: How You Sleep In The Bunk

Luke:

There was no doubt that with his long legs, broad shoulders and large body in appearance that it was always a huge battle how to situate yourself. It seemed easy because there was enough space but the second you were resting next to each other one would have an elbow pressed or a leg that was starting to cramp. It was to the point where Luke almost wanted to curse because in the end this couldn't be that hard, you had shared a single bed once at a hotel! But also battling with the fact that he constantly would bang his head against the roof even if he knew that it was there he was about to give up on anything. You didn't even get the chance to complain because all of the sudden you were pulled on top of his chest, legs tangled together and your ear pressed against his heartbeat. You had sworn you wouldn't be able to stay in that position all night but Luke was stubborn and in fact finally in a comfortable position where he still had you as close to him as was possible. It was his all-time favourite position, getting the chance to whisper in your ear and run his fingers up and down your spine. And at the times where it would become too hard he would just remove the sheets because you were in fact each other's secure blankets. His body was radiant and warm against you, making it easier to sleep also by the small sound of his wonderful voice.

Calum:

He didn't care if the bunk was 100 degrees warm along with sweat building on his skin and barely having the ability to breath. Because sleeping in the bunk was the opportunity for him to hold you as close as possible without hearing you complain. And if you did he would start the air-condition that was only supposedly used for cases where the heat was too outstanding. It meant that you anyways would creep closer to him if it was even possible. He had made sure that you were sleeping with the curtain behind you so you did get some air, but still close to him with your cheek pressed against his warm chest. His hair all over his face and the pillow while holding you close, one hand in your hair while the other one was lazily draped over your waist. He could sometimes also be teasing and ghost his lips up and down your neck, but only on the days where he would have a day off. After shows he would literally be out like a light the second he would hit the pillow. That could cause trouble sometimes because when Calum was sleeping he was getting this secure instinct that meant letting go of you wasn't an option. And when you were in a huge need of a pee it was a mess trying to wake him up again because he was so into his sleep and so into cuddling you that he didn't care about anything else around him.

Michael:

There was only one position that worked in his mind for this because it worked no matter where you were sleeping. You already knew before pulling your suitcase inside the tour bus that Michael had already suited himself for the spooning position. It allowed him to hold you close to his heart while pressing his back against the wall behind him, one leg tangled with yours and his head pressed on the pillow. He even made sure to position his arm so your neck was resting on top of it with your head on the pillow because in his mind men who were claiming that sleeping in spooning position only left a half awkward boner and dead arm were nonsense. By finding the right position allowed him the best position ever and if he wanted to be cheeky he would place his hand on your chest instead of your waist. And with one being cheeky, two were formed. He would widen his eyes when you would 'accidentally' press your bum further against him, the friction being much more effectively because of the wall behind him and the tight space. And when the place was getting too tight he wouldn't hesitate to pull you to the back of the bus to sleep in there instead with blankets all over the place and taking the teasing to a whole new level. That could lead to bummers through in case one of the other boys decided in their minds to play some video games and witnessing you instead. But it was all a part of the journey on the tour bus.

Ashton:

If there was one thing he saw as the top of the list when sleeping in the bunk, it was the security over you. Just the thought of having you to be the one facing the curtain almost left nightmares in his mind and he couldn't take it. He was so afraid that not only would you fall out from the top bunk in clumsy habit but also the fact that he could be the source of it in his sleep. He was never the one to rest without movements, in fact the whole bunk was literally shaking every time he would turn around. But with you lying next to him he was forced to stay in the same position and knowing he would get a dead hip by resting on his side, he situated himself on his back. That allowed you rest half of your body on top of his, your cheek pressed against his chest and one of his arms wrapped around you. It gave the space you needed, the protection and the satisfaction in Ashton's veins of not having to worry. And if you didn't want to rest on his warm burning chest you could turn around but still having his arm around you. It gave you the air you needed but also gave the comfort that you always sought in each other no matter if you were sleeping at home, napping backstage or sleeping on the bus. It was wonderful.