#26: You Are Afraid of Thunderstorms

A/N: This is like the ultimate preferences that ALL preferences writers need to have on their masterlist! Like this would be the only thing I would search back in my old days ahahah and I've wanted to write this for three years so it feels good to finally write and post it! :-) x

Luke:

You almost didn't know whether it was a part of reality or just a really bad dream. You could feel your body vibrate every single time the loud sound of thunder would appear outside, your whole body relaxing the second it was gone. Your eyes were still closed but the further the bad weather turned out, the more it woke you up. At first you had thought it was only bumps on the road but when you opened your eyes and looked outside from the small window in Luke's bunk it was in fact a thunderstorm. It was so violently that you almost knocked your head against the roof when another one appeared, rushing back into Luke's arms by the actions. He hadn't noticed much at first but when he suddenly fluttered his eyes half opened confused he furrowed his eyebrows. "Sleep, princess." His lips were barely open while he still had his cheeks pressed against his pillow and closed his eyes. "I can't." You mumbled and nuzzled your face down to his chest, feeling how his arms tightened around you in habit. "It's too loud outside." "What is loud?" He questioned confused not catching up with what was going on. But the loud sound of thundering outside made his eyes wide, realizing why you were reacting like the way you were. "Has it always been like this?" He questioned carefully while removing strands of hair away from your face, leaning his chin on his palm and opened his eyes fully to look at you. "I don't know. You never notice it because you sleep like a rock and thunder is typically during night." He almost felt guilty for not waking up, frowning slightly but that was when something crossed his mind. "Come out." He breathed in one movement by pushing himself out, barely removing the curtain before he was down on the ground. You looked at him confused and took a look around to make sure none of the boys were awake, Luke's shirt swinging around your bare thighs. "I think I can take your mind off with something." He lowered his voice to avoid being loud, leaning forward and captured you for a very sweet kiss. Though before you could even get the chance to deepen it he wrapped his hand around yours. "I bought this awesome game at the last shopping mall Michael and I visited." He fumbled around with a package from the back area, his eyes trying to find the opening part of it. "It's this Uno game that spits out the cards if you end on a wrong one!" You almost couldn't avoid the disappointment in your eyes but by the way he looked so excited the thunderstorm was already forgotten.

Calum:

If you had to be honest you would never run in your life on three will. And definitely not in the middle of the night at a hotel that was placed right in the middle of the city, meaning that noises from outside would be much louder than normally. You swore under your breath that you wouldn't be afraid, that nothing was supposed to happen because it was only a thunder but when hearing the loud sounds of thunderstorms, you changed your mind quickly. You had managed to avoid spilling the secret details about your 'minor' fear when walking a late night walk with Luke in the city but you knew you had to face reality when sprinting into the hotel room that you shared with Cal and Michael. They were both playing a game when you rushed in front of the TV, instantly jumping into Calum's waiting arms. "What is going on?" Michael asked confused, not catching up with what was going on and still kept his eyes on the TV screen with the controller in his hand. "She's scared." Calum responded softly, making sure to glance down at you shortly to make sure you were okay before his eyes adverted back to the screen. "Of rain?" "Of thunder." You replied quickly with a roll with your eyes, knowing that Michael was just being a complete tease. "And you think Calum is going to protect you from that?" He questioned amused, a smirk growing on his face by his teasing words. "It's better than nothing." You mumbled into Calum's shirt, feeling how a huge smile of satisfaction grew on his face, his arms wrapping closer around his body while pressing his lips against your forehead. Even if he didn't do anything he was still doing something to the situation. You didn't need him to tell that everything was going to be okay, you didn't need him to do something stupid to take off your mind. All you needed was his arms wrapped around and pressing you into his embrace to get the feeling of safety and comfort. And eventually after sitting with him for a while you wouldn't be as afraid as you were before. He drifted away all the bad fears just by being himself and being near you, and you honestly couldn't wish for anything better. Also, it was quite hilarious to see Michael gagging over the two of you, shaking his head and smacking his controller against his lap. He was always like this around you but he still found it amusing because to him, you were his favourite couple to hang out with.

Michael:

Sheets drawn up to your chin, eyes wide and almost ready to drop out, you held your breath carefully. The heavy rain was pouring down outside in from massive dark clouds in the night sky, pressing against the already closed window with curtains in front of it. For a moment, everything stopped and you already prepared for what was going to happen. Stillness fell over the street and in the silence came a low crackle of thunder. It wasn't that loud as the others, the lightening wasn't so scary but you were still frightened. The whole bed was shaking by your adrenaline kicking and you swore under your breath that you wouldn't be the one to survive this. Even when the thought crossed you that Michael was sitting downstairs you were still scared shitless. You were even surprised he hadn't heard your whines because by every single thunder clasp you had to hold a hand in front of your mouth to muffle the sounds. You didn't want to show your one weakness but you were literally forced to it when the door was opened right in the second a thunder clasp appeared. The scream coming from your lips couldn't compare to anything else because mixed up with the lightening Michael seemed much scarier than intended. "Oh my god what the hell is going on?" He asked full of panic himself, scanning the room for a short moment but when seeing that no harm was near you he flicked on the lights. You had kicked off a few pillows onto the floor and your whole body was shaking from top to toe. "Why are you so scared?" His voice became more careful when taking a seat down next to you to wrap an arm around you. Though the thunder outside decided to answer his question, making you squealed and push yourself into his chest. "I-, I don't like thunder." You breathed into his short, muffled the words out and squeezed your eyes again. Michael looked down at you almost amused but he was still being careful of what he was saying. "Babe..." He trailed off, removing strands of your hair away from your face. "It's not gonna do anything to do, we're safe inside the house." You looked up at him with wide eyes, showing that his pep talk wasn't really helping with the situation. "Come down and play with me. It will take your mind off and if you feel disturbed by the thunder again your big strong boyfriend will protect you." "Strong?" You repeated with a quivered eye, seeing him laugh carefully while softly removing strands of hair away from your face. "Okay erase, but I'll still protect you to the very end."

Ashton:

Trying not to slip on the streets while hurrying towards the front door had seemed like an easy task for Ashton. If he was fast he would avoid getting too wet, running the small 10 meters from the garage parking lot and towards the front door. But the second he was outside he was drowned down completely. The thundering was loud around him, even worse down by the beach and he could barely see a thing with his eyes wet from the rain and curls sticking to his forehead. "Babe?" He called the second he came inside, a jolt going through his body by the front door slamming shut from his grip, being overwhelming by the stormy weather outside. He ran a hand through his wet curly locks and shrugged off his drowned leather jacket, even his white t-shirt had drowned down to the bits. "Y/N?" When not getting any answer from you what so ever he furrowed is eyebrows and settled his path towards the bathroom in case you were showering. But when not seeing you in the bathroom, kitchen, bedroom or anything he furrowed his eyebrows confused. Though it all seemed to make sense in his mind when another thunderclap was loud outside, you all of the sudden being visible from the living room and ran into his chest. "Woah, where is it burning?" He breathed by the sudden push, wrapping his wet arms around your and ran a hand through your hair. "It's thundering." You stated with wide eyes as if he hadn't noticed at all, and you could tell by the way his eyes widened as well that he was realizing what was actually going on. "Oh my god, Y/N." He cooed quietly, feeling sympathetically and placed a soft kiss to your forehead. "I've been hiding the last hour around the house trying to block out the sound but it isn't working and the lightening isn't helping on the situation." Ashton furrowed his eyebrows confused as first, removing some of the raindrops away from his face and scratched his stubble lightly. Suddenly he bent down in his knees and turned around, "Jump!" "Ashton I'm not gonna jump on your shoulder-," You were ready to argue but when yet another thunderclaps scared you shitless you jumped on top of his back without hesitation. He secured your thighs in his hands and made a small jump so he was having a better grip of you. Don't worry gorgeous." He breathed and settled direction towards the stairs, taking a deep breath before walking up. "I've got a few ideas on how to take your mind off starting with a bathtub filled with soap and candles in the bathroom."