#38: Nightmares

Luke:

It was like one of the worst ones, the ones where it was so hard telling apart whether it was nightmare or reality. It had grown into such a habit you almost couldn't avoid it when closing your eyes, heck you were almost too scared to even shut your eyes because you knew you would have to face some of your worst fears. You wanted it to stop, you wished you could go to a sleeping clinic or some sort of clairvoyant to see what was going on. Because now it wasn't just happening once a month, but almost every single day it was starting to hunt you down. You also knew that it was affecting Luke, disturbing him in his sleep when you would suddenly get up to sleepwalk or even scream. Sometimes it was weird mumbles, sometimes it was blurting out his name but one thing was for sure, he always woke up and he always made sure to secure you. "Come here." He requested, not even opening his eyes but still knowing what was going on. The way you had been gasping for air told literally everything along with your movements. "But I'm so sweaty right now." You mumbled, trying to calm down yourself. "I don't care." He whispered against his pillow and in one swift movement he wrapped his arm around your waist and pulled you into his side, letting his other hand wrap around your neck and rested you on his chest.

Calum:

"Hello?", Your voice was crocked, just like he had predicted and you scratched your eyes confused by the bright sun streaking in through the white curtains. "Y/N?" You could hear the clear confusion in Calum's face, affecting you as well and made you furrow your eyebrows. He was the one starting the call after all. "What's wrong?" It took you a split second from being completely snoozed off to fully awake, sitting up in your bed and held the sheets around your body. You heard him sigh in the other end of the phone, fiddling with something noisy before he spoke up, but not before another deep sigh was followed by. "I had a nightmare about you and I wanted to make sure you were okay." His voice was weak as he spoke, almost as if he was embarrassed over his small act but you couldn't do anything else but smile, even if he couldn't see you. "And I know it's stupid I just... I just needed to hear your voice just to make sure..." "It's okay, Calum." You were quick to answer, positioning yourself on the bed so you were resting on his pillow next to yours. "Good because it might just be a little bit silly..." Even if you couldn't see him you could tell he was smiling, and from that point you knew he would be okay. Nightmares were something he shared often on tour, but it was always brought a smile to hear your voice even if you were on the other side of the world.

Michael:

You wanted to get out, push all the horrible feelings away but they always seemed to be the ones putting you into the dilemmas. It was about choosing who to save, who you wanted to stay with for the rest of your life and having to live on the horrible guilt. You knew it was a dream but even if you tried to pinch yourself in the arm, constantly yelling that it wasn't real it still felt like it. It was in a mix of reality and darkness you couldn't seem to get out of from on your own and even if you had disagreed on Michael's part to wake you up, he still did it. Every single time. He wasn't the one to have horrible dreams himself being the heavy sleeper but to see you like this was the worst to him. Not being able to do anything but see you go through miserable pain in your head that he had no part in. You had admitted you suffered with nightmares, something you wanted to keep to yourself but with Michael being there, he always seemed to save you from them. Giving you a gentle push in the shoulder followed by pulling you into his side. Sometimes you woke up, sometimes you didn't but even in the nightmare you could feel his comfort close to your heart, his fingers brushing up your sides and his lips finding your forehead. He never liked this, never ever and did everything he could to pull you out.

Ashton:

"Y/N!" You didn't even need to flutter your eyes to tell what was going on. The bunk had been rushing around like a rollercoaster the past half hour, his long legs stamping on the mattress and most probably irritating Calum upstairs. You had tried to shrug it off at first, it had become such a habit of his that he just didn't seem to be able to get rid of anymore. It happened during naps, it happened right after his eyes were closed and his cheek pressed on the pillow. He had absolutely no control of it, it was horrible witnessing. You wanted to wake him up every time and tell him that nothing was going on, that you were fine, his family was and nothing would ever hurt him. And even when he woke up at times bathed in sweat he didn't want to show his sad side. He didn't want to show that he had been going through yet another nightmare but by sharing a bed every single night, you got to know each other much more and of course you could read him. He wasn't okay, just like he wasn't now and he breathed heavily as you turned on his fairy lights around the bunk. "Another one?" He didn't answer to your questions with any other word but a deep sigh, his head falling down to your chest and his breathing hot against your skin. It was the only thing he needed. Your comfort to get through everything.