#62: He Compares You To His Ex

A/N: Here's a very random fact. I hit myself in the head today with my hairbrush so if there's any typos in this it's because I can't look properly at my laptop without literally hurting myself.

Luke:

The music was so loud in the club you had absolutely no idea what you were thinking in your head. Your body was completely sweaty but not because you had been dancing, only because you were literally forced to press your body against whomever was standing next to you. The place was completely filled from top to toe, everyone seeming to have a good time despite the circumstances and the floor was literally shaking. But in the middle of all of this were you standing in the corner trying to breathe without inhale in someone's face, a cup in your hand with a straw that had almost been chewed to the point of being nasty. It wasn't because it tasted good, but it was your only source of trying not to panic because you didn't want to be here. Luke was the one dragging you but knowing the guy he would be gone within a second you stepped into the Nice Guy. He knew basically everyone no matter what their history was and of course you wanted to follow him around but in the end you felt like a lost puppy. He was having a good time and you didn't want to disturb that but you couldn't hold in the fact that you just wanted to go back to the hotel and go to bed. It wasn't until you had settled with going home that Luke noticed you through the crowd and he gently grabbed your hand. "What's going on?" "I'm going home." You yelled over the loud music and felt and arm push into you to get through. "But why?" Luke questioned unaware, furrowing his eyebrows. "This is just not my scene." He still didn't understand, it was probably the alcohol kicking in. "You always say this Y/N every time I take you somewhere you leave before midnight and don't want to party." You opened your mouth wanting so argue but he was too caught up in his rambles to stop. "I mean, I try all the time to get the party side out of you but you constantly blow me off and honestly that never happened when I was together with-," It wasn't you that made him pause in track, it was himself. He looked down at you with wide eyes in realization of what he was gonna say and you let go of his hand completely. "Y/N wait I didn't mean it like that." "Well you sure as hell was about to say it." You glared over your shoulder and shrugged off his hand that had found its way back to you again. "Why don't you just try party with her again then since she's much more amusing than me? I mean, with the stalking gene she has I'm sure she's probably already here." You gave him one last glare with such attitude you almost couldn't recognize yourself and when you turned around to walk out of the club the actual tears were ready to come out.

Calum:

"I thought you had quit." You had been debating with yourself whether or not to say it, you had watched him from apart outside of the party but you had waited just a bit. You didn't want to disturb him but he had spent the last week not smoking because he wanted it to be a 2017 new year's revolution. To finally let go of the package of cigarettes. It was as if he hadn't noticed you from apart, his eyes widening and he looked down at the cigarette. "Yeah well the others started smoking, I fell in the hole. But well as long as it's not every day and just during parties I don't see it as something wrong." He shrugged and lifted the cigarette up to his mouth. You furrowed your eyebrows confused, he had been talking about anything else but wanting to stop because it was ruining his voice and health, yet it was as if he had forgotten everything about. "But I thought it was important for you to quit? I mean, you constantly complained about it ruining your economy and that you had a hard time working out because your lunges had been so affected by it?" You didn't want to disturb him but in reality you had never been fond of his smoking. Kissing an ash tray wasn't really your thing and it would be much better for him to quit. "Relax babe." He commented still with a smile on his face and blew out the smoke. "It's only been 18 days I didn't expect that I would hold it anyways so yeah." You still weren't convinced by his words, tempted between going back in or trying once again to make him stop. It was most probably the alcohol that was affecting him and taking him down but you still didn't see it as an excuse. "Seriously Y/N relax okay it's just another package of cigarettes. You're literally the only girlfriend who's has a problem with this and it's starting to get annoying." You furrowed your eyebrows by his words, it definitely affect you but he still didn't seem to catch up with what he had said. He was looking down at you trying to read your face, he knew it was harsh said but it was the only thing coming to his mind. With a phone on your face you grabbed the package out of your hands and took out a cigarette, placing it between your lips and lit it with his lighter. "What are you doing?" He questioned with a worried expression on his face. "You hate smoking." You nodded your head in agreement and blew the smoke out from your lips. It was a horrible taste, you couldn't imagine doing this 20 times a day. "Just pretending to be an ex." You mumbled below your breath and blew the smoke into his face before turning around, not wanting to talk to him anymore and settled with walking away.

Michael:

Another huge sigh came from your lips when glancing over at his back for probably the fifth time during the evening. Occasionally he would look away from his computers just for a short moment, but that would be to either force his hand into a package of chips or drink one of his many cans of sweet drinks. It was only when he leaned his hand back so you could grab it that he showed some type of affection or just proved that he actually knew that you were in the room. Since you had arrived at his house he had done nothing else but sit in front of his computer, and you were fine with that, you could entertain yourself with your phone. But what had turned into one game of Heartstone had suddenly turned into four games of League of Legends and now he was completely out of contact. You were bored, you had been watching TV for the past hours and now the only thing you wanted was some decent attention from your boyfriend who you rarely saw during these days. "Michael?" You weren't sure if he was able to hear you and with the lack of power in your voice it was most probably fainted out in his headphones. You tried again louder and this time he turned around, removing the headphones to hear you probably. "What's up?" He questioned, but it wasn't that he was having completely focus on you, his eyes glancing between the non-paused screen and you. "Will you ever pay attention to me or should I just head home again?" It wasn't supposed to come out like that but it did. "What?" He questioned almost in disbelief, "You always say that you don't mind me gaming when you're here, you know you said that thing with that just being near me was enough to make you happy." He removed his headphones to finally give you some fully attention. "Yes at times but when we haven't seen each other for so many months I'd appreciate some more attention than your hand just waving at me once in a while." You sat up in his bed to show how frustrated you actually were and he ran his hand through his dirty locks. "So you don't want me to game when you're around, is that what you're saying? Don't start being like my ex okay she was never fond of this and it annoyed the shit out of me." Silence fell upon the room and it didn't take Michael more than a second to realize what he had just done. His eyes were wide and so were yours but before he could explain himself you stood up from his bed and grabbed your jacket. "That was very low of you Michael." You looked over your shoulder for a second just to glare at him before you opened the door and headed out. One tip, comparing you to someone else was probably the dumbest decision ever.

Ashton:

"I don't know man it's a hard thing to answer." You stopped in track and furrowed your eyebrows confused, you had never been the one to eavesdrop to conversation but this one sounded interesting. You stood in the kitchen with a bowl of chips in your hands, being the polite one to ask if they needed anything in the living room. Ashton had the boys over, nothing unusual but he had been acting strange lately and you had wondered why. He had been stressed there was no doubt on that depart but you weren't sure whether or not to ask if something was wrong. Maybe he just had bad days, everyone had that and with his horrible schedule it was understandable. "Come on it's not that big of a deal." You assumed it was Michael, it was hard to hear through the closed door but you still managed to do it. "Yes just tell who was best we're curious. We always are with new girlfriends it's not a shocker." You heard Calum chirp in and you furrowed your eyebrows confused. Whatever they were currently discussing had something to do with you and that left you both curious but also a little bit uncomfortable. "I'm not gonna answer it okay." Ashton said and you assumed he was raising his hands in surrender. "Come on as Michael said it's not that big of a deal." Luke commented and you heard a few more mumbles coming from the living room in response. You didn't want to listen because this was getting too weird but what Ashton had to say made you lean your ear against the door just to make sure you had heard everything. "Okay fine, compared to the last Y/N is definitely boring. I'm not saying it has something to do with her body, she's perfectly fine the way she is but god I'm bored sometimes. She's definitely the definition of vanilla sex." It was a rush of emotions hitting you at once. You couldn't believe it, it hurt harshly in your chest and especially when he had to share that news to the boys. Not to mention getting compared to someone else, let alone his ex made the whole situation worse. Smacking the door open too forcefully you kept a frown on your face and headed towards the coffee table. You didn't look up, you didn't say anything but when you placed the bowl of chips and looked directly at Ashton with hurt in your eyes. At first he couldn't understand what was going on or why you were looking at him this way but suddenly the puzzles seemed to come together. "Oh fuck wait Y/N." He tried to speak carefully to not cause a scene but you wouldn't even be in the same room as him. You needed to get out in a hurry, maybe just for a small walk but you couldn't think straight because by the way your heart was pounding and your breath had gone, you couldn't stand looking at him.