#75: You Meet At A Masquerade Ball

Luke:

"Sorry, I didn't see you there." Normally when hearing that sentence, it was assumed that the person never actually mean his words. It was something said out of habit without giving a single glance towards the person being bumped into, but when you both shared the eye contact you could tell there was something to it. "It's alright." You casually mumbled and fiddled with your dress, not really knowing what to say or where to go. You had been standing at the same spot for at least an hour now. He looked down at you with a blush on his cheeks by the otherwise little push he had given you in the shoulder and placed his hands into his blazer pockets. "I'm sorry I'm so awkward I've just been away from my friends and with all these masks I'm having trouble trying to find any of them. You know that feeling?" The way he was looking down at you with blue eyes that charmed their way out of his black masquerade mask showed that he was actually a little bit nervous but you didn't mind. "I've been standing here in the same spot for too long now. My friend had the same mask as someone else but now I feel like I've seen the same beige one seven times." You fiddled with the glass in your hand and laughed quietly when he giggled as well. The only thing that seemed to stand out from his mask was his curly locks and tall frame that with eyes, seemed almost magical. "Well while we're both lost," He reached his hand forward in invitation of a dance and nodded his head towards the dance floor filled with many unfamiliar guests, "How about we introduce our secret selves with a little formal dance?"

Calum:

"Oh, no no this wasn't supposed to happen!" He exclaimed with wide eyes and kept on almost apologizing, his hands fumbling around the back of his hair, "This is so embarrassing I'm not even shocked it is happening to me." It had been less than seconds before he had gotten the chance to introduce himself to you that he in accident felt his mask starting to lose. It had been in a quick reaction that he placed his drink onto the table behind you and grabbed onto the mask to make sure he wasn't revealing himself. It was all about the secrets, it was what the ball was about in the first place and he wanted the keep his anonymous identity. You stood for a few seconds debating with yourself whether or not to help because he was getting a little bit stressed, his inked hands shaking to get the mask wrapped around his face again. "Here, let me help you." You couldn't witness his helpless self anymore and leaned up to his tall frame to grab the mask from his rough fingers and tied a small knot yourself. He stood completely relieved by your help and cleared his throat when getting eye contact, letting you see the chocolate orbs of his. "I'm Calum, by the way." He introduced in laughter, "Sorry about the panic. I just really adore the traditions of these kinds of balls and I'd be sad to do a complete fool of myself already before even getting the chance to introduce my name." "That's completely fine." You replied and took a step back to see him fully, his hair wasn't that short but he still looked great. "I'm Y/N." You grabbed your drink and reached out to shake his hand politely, seeing him give you an award-winning smile.

Michael:

"Normally I would never have the confidence to do this but since this is a night of secret faces I thought I had to do something different." You looked up confused by the sudden guy taking a seat on the mini bar you had seated yourself at, eyes wide by his sudden gesture. "And must I admit your eyes are just as pretty as they looked on far distance." A deep blush came to your cheeks by his compliment and he smiled gently, "Okay I've been drinking plenty of welcome champagne and my mask is white and made out of paper... But hey, at least I'm trying." He ran a hand through his dirty blond locks and chuckled quietly at his behavior. "I think you're very good at what you're doing right now." You giggled softly and swirled the olive around your glass of martini with a toothpick. He smiled to himself by your words and positioned on the bar chair so he could look over at the view of people dancing. "You were dragged here by your friends as well?" He questioned and played with the mask he was wearing, having the navy blue color. "Yeah I'm not really sure if this is actually my thing." You admitted and hurried to drink the rest of your glass when he suddenly grabbed you down and pulled you from the chair. "That makes you my partner in crime of the night! I'm getting revenge on my friends for dragging me here by loosening people's mask to reveal their faces!" You had absolutely no idea who this dude was but it was better than drinking alone and trying to get over the night. "And the best thing," He announced, "We're both masked. Nobody will ever find out that it's us."

Ashton:

"I'm gonna warn you already! I'm a horrible dancer." Your eyes looked up dizzy by the sudden change of dance partner, seeing a curly haired lad stand in front of you with a black mask and hazel eyes. "But I'm gonna try my best just to make sure I don't embarrass us." He gently grabbed your hand and wrapped the other around your waist, doing his utter best to not fail. You giggled softly by his nervousness and bit down on your lip, you hadn't seen him around. He was in fact doing very well, he had nothing to be nervous about. It wasn't that you were bumping between other partners and his smile seemed to make everything ten times better. "I think you're doing very well." You admitted, seeing it become even wider and he looked down at his shoes almost forgetting his next step and knocked himself into you. "Okay I'm gonna keep quiet not to trigger it." You exclaimed and he was quick to laugh. "I just gotta concentrate, mysterious girl." He gave you an extra look as if he was trying to figure out who you were but truth was you had never seen each other before so giving up would be the easiest way. He had this expression that told he was trying his best but he only hummed. "If we survive this dance maybe you'll be able to see my face." A challenging expression came to his face by your words and he licked his lips carefully before giving your shoes another glance. That was definitely something he found interesting and he leaned down to whisper in your ear. "Then I must prepare myself for something great because with eyes like yours it's killing me not to see the rest of your beautiful face."