#43: Baby's First Christmas: Decorating The Tree

A/N:

Christmas Calendar 2016 » December the 6th:

↳ - Baby's First Christmas (2/?)

Luke:

"Are you just gonna sit there and look at me or do you want to help?" He knew the question wasn't out of annoyance, on the contrary, you were smiling while looking over your shoulder. He shifted in his seat on the couch while looking down at William peacefully sleeping in his arms. "I know you prefer to do this your way so I'm just staying behind, you know. Baby duty call." Shaking your head while laughing by his explanation you leaned down to open another box and see what it had inside. Most of it was homemade, something both you and Luke had decided to bring along when moving into your house. He had stated so many times that he wasn't creative but when seeing the box being filled with so many old homemade things you didn't quite believe him. But it was nice though, making it how you wanted it to be while Luke sat in the background and watched some good old Christmas movies, sometimes smiling down at William who didn't do much else but sleeping. You somehow feared that you were making too much of it, he wasn't even a week old yet. But Luke insisted, which also meant that you wanted him to join. Heading towards him and grabbed his hand, with the help from him you got him up from the couch and headed towards the tree. He still had William in his arms, making sure that he wouldn't wake up by the sudden movements and carefully took a look around the tree. It was so beautiful, it definitely couldn't compare to what you had made when you were younger. Luke looked down at William while grabbing something from the box, but unaware that you had done the same you both managed to take the same thing at once. It was like a buzz going through your veins by the sudden action but instead of letting go he reached your hands up and placed the same red ornament on the tree at the same time with a warm smile. "Perfect."

Calum:

"And you claimed we couldn't have a Christmas tree on the bus." He scoffed while folding a heart in his hands, looking over at you with a teasing smile and blew you a kiss. Looking up from putting a silver festoon around the fake spruces you rolled your eyes by his comment but regardless smiled. "I think I had other imaginations when having a tree inside of a bus but this... It's so cute, honestly." You commented while taking a look back. The tree was small, a mini one based for tables and it was also plastic to make sure you wouldn't messy out the whole bus. Ash and Calum had been the ones finding it, not even hesitating with buying it the second they had laid their eyes on it. When coming into the bus with it in their hands you almost wanted to cry because you could tell Calum literally did everything in order to make everything as perfect as possible. And that also included decorating the tree as if you had been home on your own while having Alex to rest on his blanket, looking up at you weirdly. But now, with the tree having the perfect height he got the chance to watch you do all the work, sometimes reaching out to touch something and of course you would allow him. "How cute is this?" Calum questioned proudly when showing the finished heart, having worked on it for almost fifteen minutes while you had decorated almost your side of the tree. You were about to comment something teasingly, but when he turned the heart around to see that he had written the three of your names on it, you were somehow speechless. "Cal... That is so cute." You cocked your head while looking at him, speaking in pure honest and you could see a hidden blush appearing on his already rosy cheeks. "I know." He flashed a smile cockily but still with softness in the tone, hanging up the heart proudly and smiled over at you ever so lovingly.

Michael:

"Are these new?" You questioned confused when grabbing one of the many small boxes of tree decorations on your kitchen counter, looking over at Michael with furrowed eyebrows. "Yeah, mum gave it to us last weekend. She said it was an early Christmas present." He responded while having Celeste by his hip, packing out a golden bright star in one of the boxes in front of him. You nodded your head impressed while taking a look at the Christmas ornaments in green, red and golden colors, so reflective that you could see yourself smiling by the sweet gesture. "That's really cute of her." Grabbing the now opened box you followed him towards the tree that was already beautifully decorated, it was almost hard to find a spruce that wasn't holding onto something. "Okay gorgeous, now if the tree had to be perfectly done, you would have been sitting on top of it because you're the biggest star I have in life." He was smiling widely while looking down at her beautiful matching orbs. "But we can't because of your safety so we gotta use this one instead." He showed her the star and giggled when she reached out for it, touching it lightly and golden glitter rubbed off on her small hand. Standing on his toes with a giggle he made sure that she was watching him as he put the star on top of the tree, looking down at her excitedly afterwards. But what seemed to be much more interesting than the star were the ornaments you had just hung up, and before you could even react she knocked one down from the tree. A gasp left your lips in prepare of hearing the loud crash but when nothing happened you looked down confused. "Would you look at that." Michael grinned lightly and leaned down to grab the ornament, "Mum made everything baby safe. It's plastic. Oh my, that also means she can put them on without trouble!" Giving Celeste the ornament she had just dropped to the floor Michael gave it in her hand, but she seemed more interested licking on it than satisfying his dad's excitement.

Ashton:

"You know, you might have Christmas lights competition with our neighbors but could we have least saved a bit on the tree instead to show some other decorations? I mean, I can barely get any bells to hang on the spruces because it's literally filled with your lights." Ashton's head was quick to look up from bending down, his curls flicking in front of his eyes and his jaw falling. "What do you mean? I there's a lot of space down by the lower spruces." He pointed out and almost wanted to giggle even if he was being completely serious. Rolling your eyes and adjusted Zack in your arms you glanced over at him with a 'are you kidding me' expression. "So the twins can go drag everything down again onto the floor? Come on Ash, you know that's not good even if they aren't able to crawl yet." This time it was his turn to roll his eyes while looking around the tree. He did in fact have a lot of lights on it, it was the only things he had seemed to fix while carrying around on Cloe who seemed fuzzy without her father's attention. The only thing that actually missed was the presents right under it. "Come on." He reached his hand out for you to take it, smiling secretly and you furrowed your eyebrows confused. "I wanted to do something different this year and especially because the twins are here and we pretty much enjoy having dimmed lights with them around to calm them down." You stopped when he did right by the wall furrowing your eyebrows confused when he turned off the lights completely. Flicking on another one your eyes widened in surprise when the tree it up completely. It was beautiful, almost looking like the ones right by the mall that always seemed to be an Instagram phenomena. But what made it extra special was that Ashton had made sure to spell out Zack and Cloe with lights in the middle of it, the proudest smile embracing his warm face when you looked up at him in pure surprise. "I think I won that competition already."