#58: You Think He's On Tour But He Surprises You

Luke:

If it was possible, this day couldn't get any worse. Trying to get over the fact that you had been yelled at, at work for almost a full on hour and later on spilled coffee over your white shirt, it wasn't really how you had intended your day to be. Just when you had woken up alone this morning to the sight of horrible weather you just knew from that, that it wouldn't be a day of yours. And now when you were finally home and had thrown your keys to the kitchen counter, hair sticky and all wet from the rain the only thing you could think about was to go upstairs and take a full on hour shower. You were so insanely tired and you just wanted the day to be over with because it wasn't something that you wanted to remember. Opening the door to your bedroom you froze completely and felt how your breath hitched in your throat. You remembered having turned off the lights this morning but you couldn't remember you had forgotten to blow out your candles. In fact, you hadn't used your candles for days and it made a skeptically expression appear on your face but that changed completely when you opened the door fully to see Luke. He was standing at the dresser with a secret smile on his face and a small bouquet of roses. "I've had a really few crappy days." He announced and gave you the flowers. "And I thought to myself, how am I gonna change this? By watching some movies or be by myself for a couple of days? No, I fix it by doing what I've wanted to do since the first day of this tour." He grabbed your hands and linked it together with his, pressing a soft and lingering kiss to the palm of it. "I go home and visit my girlfriend even if it means it will only be for one night." The smile on your face couldn't compare to anything else, this was nothing that you had expected and when you thought about it, this was all you needed. "I can't believe you're here right now." You almost whispered to not let the exhausted tears float out from your eyes, leaning up to wrap your arm around his neck and pull him down for a well-deserved and long lasting hug.

Calum:

"I miss you." The words seemed to be so common it almost sounded monotone, but it didn't have less emotions as the others. The way he was looking at you spoiled everything, the way his eyes were tired and lingering with how much he just wanted to wrap you up in his arms. "I miss you too." You softly said, leaning your cheek against the pillow and held your phone under your lamp to make sure he could see you fully. It was hard to see where he was because he wasn't in his bunk, he was walking around, you assumed it was outside to lit a cigarette. He smiled back by your words and sighed carefully, but he also had an expression on his face that was hard to figure out. He was smiling, but in a different way than usual and it made you furrow your eyebrows confused. "Is something funny?" It wasn't supposed to come out as offended but you preferred to have the conversation alone now that you were heading for bed. You did this every night, it had become a tradition of some sort. "No I was just wondering." Lights suddenly came onto his screen when he walked through a door, confusion written on your face when he continued. "Do you recognize this living room?" He flipped the camera on his phone and made you sit up on the bed in a rush, eyes blinking twice by the sudden screen. He moved his hand up to make a small wave in front of the camera, definitely proving where he was and you ripped away the sheets to get inside. You didn't get the chance to put on pants but it didn't matter because all you needed right now was to prove yourself that what he was showing was in fact real. "Missed me?" He questioned when you came into sight, seeing him stand in his leather jacket and open arms. You almost couldn't form words in happiness and felt how your heart was pounding so loudly, hurrying towards his form and let his cold fingers burry themselves into your hair. "You have no idea." You shakily said and held onto him closer, letting your face burry into his chest and take in his smell that had seemed to be the only thing keeping you alive since he left months ago.

Michael:

It was as if everything froze completely by the sudden puzzles of sounds coming from downstairs. You had literally just come out of the shower, steam still clouding out from the warm bathroom and your hair covered up in a white towel. At first you only thought it was yourself being paranoid being home alone and all that but when sounds of feet walking downstairs appeared once again your breath hitched in your throat. You still hadn't gotten clothes on yet, another white wet towel wrapped around your nude body and you considered whether or not what do to. It must have been yourself imagining because you had made sure to lock the door, there was no possible way of someone breaking in. But when sounds came from downstairs once again you didn't hesitate to grab your hairdryer laying on top of the dresser, plugging it out from the outlet and used that as your weapon. Truth was you had no idea what the hell you were doing because your fear was almost shown as sweat on your forehead and you could feel how your heart was beating loudly. It was the only thing that you knew would actually hurt in case you would have to hit someone in the head and you slowly walked down the stairs to the kitchen. It was as if it wasn't real to you, a black hooded person standing with a phone in his hand and hovering over the counter. You were shaking so much you were sure he would hear and lifted the hairdryer in the air ready to hammer it right in his face but that was when he turned around with a terrified expression. "No, Y/N hold on it's me!" You almost dropped the hairdryer in your hands when Michael pulled the hoodie down to reveal his dirty blond locks, a smile coming to his face by your reaction. "Michael what the hell!" You heart was still pounding harshly as he wrapped his arms around your shaking form, a huge smile on his face. "I was supposed to surprise you but then you apparently planned on killing me with this, couldn't you have found something better?" "Shut up." You mumbled into his shirt, taking in all the emotions he was giving you at once. You had missed the warmth he was giving you, the comfort and most importantly filled out the huge miss.

Ashton:

"Hello?" It wasn't supposed to come out as confused as it did, your eyebrows furrowing and your eyes widening when there was no answer. Faintly you could hear the TV being turned on in the living room along with various voices coming from the kitchen, there was no doubt who was home but someone sure as hell was. Letting your jacket fall to the ground along with your shoes you felt how you were starting to grow nervous, you knew a few of your best friends had your key but it wasn't that they had suddenly planned to visit you after work. You called out once again to make sure that it wasn't actually home robbers giving you such surprise, and your eyes almost popped out of your head when seeing Ashton hum over the stove. He hadn't taken notice of anything else but the radio playing out new Ed Sheeran tunes, his eyes glancing towards where you were standing coincidentally and his eyes widened in surprise. "You're home?" You managed to ask, still too surprised to say anything and he looked a bit defeated towards the stove filled with food. "Your best friend said you wouldn't be home until half an hour so I thought that I would do what I'm best at. Surprising you with a lovely dinner." He smiled softly by his failure because just by seeing you couldn't not make him stop smiling. "Aren't you on tour?" You still questioned completely shocked, holding onto the doorframe to stabilize yourself. "I was, but we have a few days to rest before we go to Asia. The others wanted to spend the time in LA but I thought about it and really wanted to give my attention someone else." He placed his hands in his pockets casually while speaking, feeling how he was blushing because of his small story. You shook your head almost in disbelief and felt how your heart was racing in a fast pace, hand coming up to touch your shocked mouth. He was literally standing there with his messy curls sticking to his forehead and his military sweat shirt that made him look like the cuddliest person ever. "You're home!" This time it came out as a full on conformation to yourself, you couldn't stop smiling and it took you seconds to be in his warm arms. "I'm home, baby." He whispered into your hair, giving you a soft kiss.