#73: He Is Sad And Only Wants You

Luke:

"You sure you don't want to talk?" Calum gently questioned and leaned against the doorframe to the hotel room. He already knew the question but he still asked it, wanting to see how Luke would react. "It's still no from here." Luke replied softly with his head almost between his legs, bum placed on the hotel bed and his front directed towards the large window of ocean view ahead of him. He had been like this all day, Calum had tried everything possible but nothing seemed to make a small smile embrace the otherwise beautiful boy's face features. "What about-," "Calum I don't want to talk." He replied stiff. "Even if it's with her?" If it was possible Luke's head was almost ready to fall off, that was how fast he turned around to look over his shoulder. Calum was having a smirk on his face when he watched Luke shockingly dropped his jaw, you standing right next to Calum and poking your face into the hotel room. "Hey honey... Heard you missed me a lot?" You softly smiled, being completely buried inside of his chest once you were in his reach, his body shaking by adrenaline. "You have no fucking idea."

Calum:

"He's been breaking three pencils since he took a seat with his notebook." Ashton whispered to Michael when he showed up in the doorframe, watching Calum sit outside by the balcony with headphones in. He hadn't been speaking to anyone throughout the morning, noon and now also at evening. The only thing he wanted was to sit down and express his emotions but with everything being like a deep black hole nothing seemed to be printed down on the white paper in front of him. "No one is able to get him out of this besides Y/N. She's the only one that can make her smile." Ashton mumbled and was unsure whether or not he should take a step in and poke Calum on the shoulder to see if he was alright. "But the worst thing is that he doesn't want to call her and disturb her in her work. He knows that she's working hard in school and because she has to focus on that she's not right beside him. He is in fact that tender and that is honestly so sad to watch," Ashton looked down at Michael, "It's the only reason why he has shut down completely. She is the only thing getting him back on track."

Michael:

"Honestly it's at the point where I'm so close to call your college and tell that you will need a couple of days off. I don't care how much money they want because all I want and need right now is to see and hold you in my arms." You sympathetically pouted by his words, just by the tone you could hear how much he was actually in pain. He had frowned throughout the whole thing when looking away from the screen but every time he would look at you a faint but visible smile would come to his face. "Is it really that bad?" You mumbled and pressed your cheek against your pillow, holding onto the phone that was plugged into your charger. "You have no fucking idea." He shifted in his seat and ran a hand through his hair almost frustrated, the day had been pure chaos for him and all he needed was for you to sleep right next to him. "Could you at least consider?" He almost whispered, not wanting to disturb Luke who was sleeping in the bed next to him, "Because you're the only thing that seems to cheer me up during these days."

Ashton:

"What happened?" You questioned confused and out of breath, phone still up to your ear from Calum's phone call and looked between the boys confused. It had been in such a rush you hadn't given a single thought about your fitness, the adrenaline pulsing through your veins. "Something has happened but we don't know what. He doesn't want to speak and he doesn't want to hear anything so we assume the only thing he wants is you." You could feel as if a rock had fallen from your heart by Calum's explanation, watching Ashton hover over the brick wall outside with his hair hung low and hoodie over his hair. You didn't hesitate to grab the handle and walk outside, slowly looking up but when he saw you it was as if everything changed. He wrapped his arms around your shoulders and buried his head inside of your neck, taking in your scent and everything else that he loved and had to offer. Calum and couldn't do anything else but smile softly because he knew his best friend well. When he was sad nothing seemed to work out but just as soon as you would show up the biggest smile would come to his face.