#42: Baby's First Christmas: Decorating The House

A/N:

Christmas Calendar 2016» December the 1st:
Baby's First Christmas (1/?)

Ahhh this is so exciting look what is back! I have made a mini mini series which will also be the last few chapters of this whole series in complete. So of course this is like a mix of being sad and happy because I've been working on this series for almost three years and to see it end completely is woah! But to make sure this will also be fitting with the timeline, Christmas is mixed in between the baby series so I've written the age of the children so it makes more sense!

Luke (Newborn):

"Luke?" The confusion was noticeable in your tone as you walked out of the nursery, scanning the hallway but without any sight of the blond haired lad. "Attic!" Was faintly yelled back in respond, taking away your curiosity and seconds later he came to sight with two brown boxes stabled together in his embrace. "What is going on?" You questioned confused, swaying back and forth out of habit while having William in your arms. "It somehow came to my attention that because of the pregnancy, stress, the birth and all we haven't even gotten the chance to decorate for Christmas yet." Your eyes widened by the announcement because to be honest it hadn't really been at the top of your mind. But now when taking a look around the house seemed pretty empty, especially compared to simple things like various colors of Christmas lights outside. "So I thought why not dig something out and just make it a little out of it. From that you will also be able to let go of William for the first time while he is awake since the birth." Your eyes widened even more by Luke's announcement, ready to scold at him but when he raised his hands in surrender you knew he was only joking. Shaking your head by him you still accepted his waiting hand, feeling the buzz go through your veins by the affection and followed him into the living room to start it out. Saying that things were awkward between you weren't exactly true, but you were more still somehow struggling to become a couple officially. You loved each other, no single doubt about that but Luke still managed to blush every time you did something romantically such as holding hands or kissing. You even had to scold at him a few times because the situation wouldn't get any better when he would laugh and make a fool of himself. Simply, Luke still couldn't believe that his best friend had turned into his soulmate, his princess and the mother of his son. Occasionally you would catch him staring at you, it had become a habit where you didn't even say anything but just smiled at each other. Sometimes you would ask why he would, but it would always be the same and it would always bring a smile to your face. "You're beautiful." This time you hadn't even asked yet, holding a few cut out Christmas stockings to hang above your fireplace. Looking up at him as he was about to hang up a Christmas wreath while standing on a chair, smiling down at both you and William who was sleeping peacefully sleeping on his blanket on your couch. "You're reallybeautiful."

Calum (5 months old):

"You know, I think this is actually the first time we're decorating the tour bus." Ashton commented while scanning the many boxes of various kinds of decorations, he almost couldn't believe that you and Luke had used literally two hours on buying everything while the others looked after Alex. "I wanted this to be special so I ordered them to buy everything they could find. This is Alex' first Christmas after all and even if we aren't home it shouldn't prevent us from having the best one ever, despite us being on the road." Calum explained while taking things out, throwing the decorations in the not so waiting arms of Ashton and Luke, looking over at Michael who was holding Alex by the hip. "I'll take the decent babysitter task and watch you do all the work." He said with a pleasing smile, taking a seat down on the couch and bounced Alex up and down on his lap. Rolling your eyes by his easy way of escaping out of the situation you took out a few bells, hanging them up around the cupboards by the mini kitchen. Meanwhile Calum had made sure to plug in his Spotify to one of the speakers, finding the best playlist of Christmas tunes he could and once in while sang along to the song. You could definitely tell that Luke and Ash were enjoying this as well despite wanting to be in Michael's position, hanging up fake spruces with red bows above the windows while Calum hung up a mistletoe above the front entrance. "Hey Cal, Y/N, would you think he would like some peppermint candy canes?" Michael suddenly questioned, already having the bag open and about to let Alex have a taste but you were quick to speak up. "Michael no, he's not even a year yet he can't have any of it!" You let go of the bells to hurry towards him, taking the canes out of his hands and placed it in his mouth instead. Leaning over on the table to grab Alex's pacifier you took his attention from the red and white cane that seemed to make his brown orbs go wide, placing it in his mouth and sighed softly when Calum came up beside you. "I'm sorry bud, your mother is strict." Michael whispered with a giggle, knowing that in the end it wouldn't be okay to give him one and winked up at you. "You can wear a Santa hat instead." Reaching out for a too big hat in one of the boxes he placed it on top of Alexander's head, confusion written on his face when everyone started to giggle by the cuteness.

Michael (8 months old):

"You got it?" He questioned, his voice shaky and almost holding his breath while stabilizing you on his shoulders. He couldn't see much, it was covered in both boobs and hair but he trusted your words, this wasn't like when you were hanging up frames and you could claim they would be perfectly straight. "I think so." You mumbled in concentration and moved back to get a better view of it, making sure that it was secure and wouldn't fall down. Looking down at Michael with a giggle you felt him walk towards the kitchen counter where Celeste was resting on her baby chair, looking up at you with wide eyes as to what in the world her parents were doing at the moment. "You gotta check this out princess." Michael cheered the second you were down from his shoulders and sitting on the counter, watching him lift her up and into his warm embrace. "You see this?" He questioned and lifted his hand up to touch the ends of the mistletoe, wanting Celeste to get the attention and look up as well. "You're probably more interested in food." He commented quickly when she started sucking on his thumb lightly, looking up with her emerald green eyes and exclaimed "Dada!" "Yes dada and mama just hung this up, it's a mistletoe." He explained and looked up, "It means when we're standing under it I'm allowed to do this without protests." A fits of weird noises and giggles filled the kitchen as Michael attached Celeste with kisses on the cheek, moving his lips around to her nose, her forehead and over to the other cheek. "And you can't do anything about it." He giggled because of her reaction, barely getting the chance to kiss her because his eyes were squeezing in happiness and his laughter was loud in the kitchen. You stopped in track from cutting a reindeer to just admire them from apart, leaning your back against the counter but that was when Michael looked over at you with a serious expression. "That involves you as well, babe." He reached his hand out while holding Celeste by his hip, wiggling his eyebrows and making you laugh as you approached him. Letting him take his hand in yours he pulled you close to his embrace as possible, his lips finding your cheek fast as well making Celeste giggle by the action. "I already know from now that this Christmas is gonna be the best one." His lips went back to Celeste's cheek again, making sure to tickle her side before he looked back at you. "Getting the honour to celebrate it with my two favourite girls. I couldn't imagine it getting any better."

Ashton (3 months old):

"Ash, how many calendars have you bought?" Confusion was clear both in your tone and eyes when opening the bags from the grocery store he had just arrived home from, holding at least four different kinds of Christmas calendars in your hands. "What?" He questioned while mixing between kissing Zack's and Cloe's cheeks in welcome home as they were both resting on the blanket you had spread out on the floor by the couch. Zack seemed like someone who was already ready to sleep while Cloe looked up at her father with big eyes. "It's one for each." He simply replied like it wasn't obvious and grabbed two to hang them up. It was the last thing you needed in the house, everything else was fixed. Ashton had even bought a Christmas tree already standing in the middle of the living room yet to be decorated. He also had made sure to hang up lights outside of the house and around your fence because nothing else was bigger than having the house with the most Christmas lights. It was a competition he had more with himself than others. "And you think they will be able to eat chocolate and jellybeans already?" You questioned with a raised eyebrow but regardless still smiled. "No, that will be our job. I just really wanted to buy them because you know... First Christmas and all that. Even if they are only three months old I want them to have everything." Smiling brightly by his excitement you stood up on your toes to reach his face, placing a soft kiss to his waiting lips. "You're probably gonna eat the most of it." You grinned, leaning down to grab Cloe who was starting to become fuzzy about the lack of attention she was getting. "That definitely isn't a problem." He grinned and leaned down to grab Zack, the two of you walking around to take a look around the house. You had been decorating all morning and now when it was starting to become dark outside, everything just looked much cozier. The otherwise white and black minimalistic colors were warmed up by red, green and various other Christmas-ish colors. When you walked over to the tree that Ashton had used tons on time wanting to saw it perfectly so it wasn't too high but neither too small for your living room you noticed that one thing was actually hanging on it. The thing was a frame with the picture Ashton's mum had sent you on the day of your birth. "Did you do this?" You whispered when a smile, feeling his lips press a soft kiss to your forehead in respond. "It reminds me of love."