#51: You Work For Them And He Fancies You

Luke:

"You must be a banana because I find you a peeling!" Your head rose up by the sudden words, confusion written on your face when nobody was to be seen in the otherwise large backstage area. "You get it? Because you peel a banana and I find you attractive." Your eyes landed on the door where Luke was peeking his head inside, a ridiculously smile embracing his face features. "You again with the lame pickup lines." You hummed and focused back on the paper work in front of you, you didn't have much time until they had to be on stage and you had promised John you would finish this before the start. "Yes here I am once again trying to impress you yet so far the only thing I've gotten is a small glance." He exclaimed and walked further into the room, taking a seat on the coffee table in front of you. "I am working Luke, in case that didn't come to your attention. I appreciate the effort but those dumb pickup lines won't win my heart." You glanced up shortly to look at him with serious eyes but it only seemed to encourage him even more. "You know I'm only continuing until you actually say yes." "Well you're gonna have to try a little bit harder then." You smiled, enjoying how he was suddenly tensing his jaw and looking down at you with a serious expression. You sincerely hoped that it was enough to make him shut his mouth and your attention went back to the paper work in front of you. "Okay fine let me try another one." "Nope, okay." You mumbled more to yourself than him by his announcement and let the pen fall onto the papers. You watched him with a quivered eyebrow as he backed away until he was a few meters away from you and started to walk forward. "Do you believe in love at first sight or should I walk by again?" He was purposely looking at you like he was actually trying to seduce you but when there was no reaction he decided to go back again and try all over. What he hadn't taken notice of during the process was the table with a bowl of fruit standing right behind him, his ass literally connecting into it and knocking down all the content. You watched him with wide eyes as he turned around in reaction with panic in his eyes, mouth agape by the ridiculous move and leaned down to grab them all and put them back into the bowl. "Erase that, erase that, I'll try again in half an hour." He rushed to back away and out of the door, accidentally knocking his knee into it and cursing under his breath while hearing you laugh by his clumsiness in the background. "You just try again Hemmings I'll just sit here and wait." You hummed, rolling your eyes in amusement and heard as he shut the door with a last curse.

Calum:

"Remind me again why you won't say yes to go out with me?" A huge sigh came from your lips by the question he had seemed to ask at least 30 times during the past four days, giving him a short glance over your shoulder before grabbing a microphone stand and placed it in the middle of the stage. "Remind me again of why you keep asking?" Unknowing of where you were heading his eyes suddenly widened by his feet tangled up in some wires from the guitar amp, untangling himself from the mess and hurried towards you by the drum kid. "Because you've never given me a proper answer." Calum argued and leaned his arm on one of the amps, trying to play it casual but it wasn't really helping on the situation. "I have." You replied and took a seat down by the bass drum, giving it a few hits and looked down by John to see if he made thumbs up for the sound being perfect. "Saying, and I quote; 'no way in hell that's gonna happen' isn't really a proper answer if you ask me." "But I didn't ask you." You mumbled concentrated and stood up to head towards the microphones again, grabbing one and connected it to a wire. You had been stressing out all morning because you were late and soundcheck was almost creeping around the corner. You didn't have the time to talk to Calum but he definitely didn't understand that and to make you stop just for one second he grabbed the microphone from you and managed to twirl the wire around your waist. His face expression told that he wouldn't bug, he waited for an answer and wouldn't loosen the wire around you before. You sighed deeply and rolled your eyes, a hand coming down to touch your hip and pointed at him with your microphone. "I'm your sound tech's assistant, remind me again of why you're so interested in me?" A smirk came to his face by your question, deciding to inch his face closer to yours. "Because I like a challenge and with you constantly being near me and being a reject, I crave for more especially with that wonderful attitude of yours. Besides Y/N. I fancy you as hell." You hadn't realized how you were suddenly holding your breath as his face inched closer and closer to yours, your noses at the point of almost touching each other. There was no words spoken between you but the smirk on his face was growing knowing that even if you were constantly disagreeing whatever he had to say, now something was working and he had your attention. "I need to get back to work." The words didn't come out as convincing as you wanted to and neither did you have that same attitude as before. His eyes lit up by your words and let go of the wire completely, winking at you and leaving you alone on the stage with a grin on his face.

Michael:

"This is nice." He commented, eyes closing in pleasure and made sure to drag out the last vocal in the word. You giggled lightly by his reaction and rubbed your hands through his hair, trying to make sure that every single strand had been covered in the black hair dye. "Your fans are gonna die after this, there's no doubt." You checked it one last time and watched him look up and smile, nodding his head in agreement, it was the whole reason why he decided to finally color it dark again after having his natural color for such a long time. "Do you prefer it?" He questioned and sat up when you were done with washing it out, settling for a shampoo afterwards and rubbed it between your hands. "What? The dark hair?" You questioned in concentration, putting a bit more in your hand before running your fingers through his locks again. "Yeah." "I-, I don't know." You suddenly widened your eyes knowing what he was up to, the smirk growing on his face as he watched you head towards one of the shelves to grab a conditioner, you were so confused you hadn't even washed out his shampoo completely. "I don't know what I prefer." You said more stern to get a bit of your attitude back but regardless smiled down at him and cleaned out the shampoo. "You know what I prefer?" He questioned like it wasn't obvious and swung one leg over the other. You looked down at him with curious eyes but also a bored look, he always asked this and he always made sure to annoy you with it despite telling the truth. "Let me guess. A date?" "Oh my god that is such an honor Y/N yes I will definitely go on a date with you!" Rolling your eyes by his excited exclaim you dramatically changed the water temperature from being medium to ice cold, a teasing smile coming to your face when he reacted immediately and flied up from his chair. "Y/N!" He exclaimed with wide eyes and you laughed quietly and shook your head in agreement. "You've got shampoo drippling down your cheek." You giggled, watching him take a seat back and closed his eyes when you turned on the water and found back the right temperature. "As an apology I've decided you will go out with me tonight. No complains and no buts just the two of us at some kind of cozy diner." You opened your mouth once again to say something but just by the glance he was giving you there was no way in hell you could say no. He was sweet, there was no doubt but you just thought it might be a bit awkward considering you were working with him every single day and what if something would go wrong. But then again, you had to take chances sometimes and a smile came to your face just like his. "Pick me up at 8."

Ashton:

"You're early." You commented and looked into the reflection in the mirror, seeing Ashton lean his body against the doorframe to the dressing room and walked inside. "As in really early." "I think it's the jetlag kicking. The others aren't awake yet and I wanted to kill time so I thought why not start out already. It means you will have less stress when the others show up and need to have their makeup done within five minutes." You smiled softly by his words and sorted a few things out from your makeup bag, watching him in the corner of your eye as he took a seat down and ran a hand through his curly locks. "Well I'm flattered, I must admit." You smiled and ran your fingers through his hair teasingly and found your primer. Silence fell upon the dressing room in a peaceful manner, the only thing playing out loud was the radio in the background. You didn't say much but gently put the cream between your fingers and started to smear it out on his skin. "Did you shave?" The question wasn't supposed to come out as a surprise, yet it did and he smiled softly by your question. "I remember how you said you preferred that because it would be easier to cover up spots and such without the stubble. So I did." It was almost as if a blush came to his lips because when he thought about it he sounded pretty ridiculous. But it still made you smile and look down at your hands, not really knowing what to say because it was actually really sweet of him, also considering that it was a decision of his. "Hey." He commented quietly and titled your chin up. "I know that you heard the boys and I talk about you." You froze completely by his words and stopped from pumping out foundation on the back of your hand, your mouth opening but no words came out. "And yes what I said was true. I wasn't just fooling around stating lies." You were so surprised that you only let out a small giggle, shaking your head by everything that came to your mind and looked down at him. "Ashton I appreciate that you like me but we can't be together." It was as if he had expected the statement from you because he only leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes when you started to smear the product on his skin. "It's just-," You sighed, "It's just not right." He flicked one eye open to look at you, the corner of his mouth turning upwards again and he hummed lightly. "Yes it's right Y/N." He smiled and opened both eyes to look up at you. "It's just not right, right now." Looking down at him by his words you could feel how you were slowly losing your breath but it was replaced with butterflies as he smiled up at you with a soft wink.