#65: You Have A Past With One Of The Other Boys

A/N: This is more likely that he finds out but the title is already so insanely long I had to shorten it down. I've always wanted to write something along the lines of this so I'm happy an anon also requested it! :-) x

Luke

"Okay seriously but how many times do I have to try before you actually don't reject me?" The question had been lingering on his tongue for a while, the bass loud in the background but still faint because you were in the bathroom. You rolled your eyes by his words and gave him a small glass, your hands holding onto the end of the counter and your bum placed nicely on it right next to the sink. "Luke we've been talking about this." "Yea yea," He made a waving motion with his hand as if he was trying to push it away. "We've both admitted we like each other come on Y/N. Now it's just getting tiring, me being the cat chasing the mouse. Can we just leave this shit behind and finally sort something out? The boys constantly ask me when I get the balls to ask you out but truth is I'm not allowed to do that by you." His eyes had turned soft by his words despite being completely red from the alcohol. You sighed softly but still hadn't been pulled over the edge, you knew there was a barrier between you and if you spoiled that it would change everything. You liked the way things were, you liked how you guys just fooled around like some sort of friendship couple type of people. It was nice and it was comforting when you needed it, always having someone as your backup in case someone creepy would show up at parties to try hitting on you. But truth was also that you really liked Luke, you really really liked him and he also liked you so it was ten times harder than you could imagine. "Come on." He almost whispered, moving his face closer to your and ghosted his lips over yours. "Please just let me in." "I used to fool around with Michael." It had slipped out in panic before he could press his lips against yours. You didn't have to explain yourself because just by saying fool around it was enough to make him pull away completely, his eyes already looking hurt. "You-, You've kissed my best friend?" You sighed softly because the guilt finally seemed to loosen up from your shoulders but you still had the pitch in your stomach when he turned around without another word, too hurt to even comment on it.

Calum:

"We can't tell him!" "Yes we fucking can we have to!" "But why, things have been fine the past months why now? Why all of the sudden? I thought we both agreed we would keep our mouths shut about our past?" You could see all the emotions at once just by the way Ashton was reacting, his eyes wide and his hand repeatedly going through his curls. You had been the one to suddenly drag him out into the kitchen, the guilt was too much and you needed to get it off your chest. "Because Calum just told me he's in love with me!" Silence fell upon the kitchen and Ashton's eyebrow lifted in surprise. "And I'm sorry I need to drag you into this, but it has to be said. I want him to be in love with me for who I am, and then suddenly months later tell him that I used to sleep around with his best friend!" You were on the verge of crying and it wasn't helping on the situation when you heard a faint cough coming from the kitchen door. Calum was leaning against the doorframe with an expression that spoiled all his emotions at once without having to say anything. "You two-," He pointed confused, his fingers shaking as it landed on Ashton almost staring at him in disbelief. "You used to be friends with benefits." "Cal please just listen okay this is so many months back, I think it's even two years and when I say it means nothing to us now I really mean it." Ashton raised his hands in surrender to try not to trigger Calum but he instantly took a step back, almost knocking himself against the wall. "You were the one introducing me to her in the first place I-, I can't believe this!" He looked around confused trying to multiply everything, he didn't want to hear what you had to say and you couldn't really tell who he was most pissed at. "Calum please when Ashton says it means absolutely nothing okay this happened on the One Direction tour so many years ago it shouldn't matter at this point because ended it!" "No Y/N I can't let this go, I don't want to be compared to my best friend when it comes to being best under the sheets." He turned around with a pack of cigarettes, leaving the two of you alone in anger.

Michael:

"Wait hold on where did you find that?" Calum asked nervously when seeing the old video flash upon the screen in the back of the tour bus, his hands holding onto the cushion almost shakenly. "I found our old videos that had been recorded on our LA Iphones back in 2013 when we lived at that rented pool house. I didn't think I would find anything exciting but look at this drunken video!" The video flashed a recording of Luke and Ashton fooling around in the pool with ketchup, the moon reflecting in the water and the city lights faint in the background. "I don't even think I remember this night!" Michael laughed and crossed his legs on the couch, he thought it was the most amusing thing ever. "Maybe I'm the one recording." "No, you're not." Calum replied, he clearly remembered this actual footage, he had sincerely hoped it was deleted but it wasn't. He had searched for it for a while pretty happy it was never uploaded to social medias in the first place but now when it was right in front of Michael's face he couldn't just take the remote and turn it off. "Jack's the one filming." Michael nodded his head understanding a little bit confused to where he was, and when the camera moved just like he had feared and predicted he lost his breath. Meanwhile you had also decided to show up by the sudden commotion, your body freezing completely next to Calum when seeing what was on the screen. "Wait hold on that isn't me!" Michael commented after realizing what he had actually paused on. Two were standing by the end of the pool kissing, you were easy to recognize and when Michael saw who the other person was his jaw fell. "That's you two! Kissing! What the hell!?" You looked at each other not really knowing what to response, it was clear on the video that this was years ago, yet it was something you had wanted to keep a secret. Michael looked back at the screen barely believing his eyes, deciding to turn on the video again and watch further into the video. "Well let's pretend we didn't see that." Jack faintly said in the background when you and Calum detached your lips, goofily laughing at each other drunkenly unaware of everyone, now including Michael, looking at you.

Ashton:

"Okay listen we're gonna end this and we're gonna end this for good." Ashton spoke almost desperately while dragging onto your arm, pulling you into a dark room and flicked on the lights. "Ash what are you talking about we have a whole living room filled with people gathered up for tonight, we can't just leave-," You paused yourself when seeing Luke sit on the bed, his long body quick to stand up when seeing you and Ashton and he adjusted the tie around his neck. "Ashton what the hell is going on?" "I'm trying to solve something!" He exclaimed back and closed the door to make sure nobody would be listening or disturbing. It would only take five minutes after his brain. "Ashton pleas-," "No I don't care what you say! You guys have something to explain okay because I am so insanely tired of having a girlfriend and best friend that hate each other! You can't be in the same room, you constantly glare at each other and when we're not together you trash talk! I'm tired of it and I'm putting an end to this now! What has happened I'm desperate to know and this is my birthday so you have to say it!" You looked over at Luke unsure of what to say, he was having the exact same expression on his face because you were both so stunned by this. It was easier just to stay mad at each other, it was the way you preferred things to be but with Ashton you wouldn't get that far and besides he deserved to know. You opened your mouth ready to speak up but that was when Luke suddenly blurted out the truth. "I used to be in love with Y/N." He partly took all the blame, his eyes soft when he looked over at you for a short second before the fell back on Ashton. His jaw was hanging to the point of touching his feet and he could feel how he was slowly losing his breath. You didn't know what to say, you didn't want to trigger him or ruin the night but it was him begging for an answer. And that was it, the secret truth that had been hidden between you and Luke for months. Ashton looked down at Luke in a mix of being hurt but also angry, "You used to love my girlfriend?!"