#123: The Vampire Diaries AU

A/N:

The Vampire Diaries is my all time favorite shows of all, my constant Delena feels is driving me insane and every time I'm inspired of something it comes from their relationship. I've never been this attached to a show before and even though I've finished the seasons many years ago I can still watch every single episode, cry, laugh and feel complete with my favorite made up characters. Every bit of this is inspired of Delena scenes.

Luke:

"Who allowed you to walk outside without guardians to watch you?" The exposing voice of Luke surprised you in the middle of a breath, making your feet pause and your breath hitch in your throat. "I didn't think you'd need people to watch over you when you're over 18." You looked over your shoulder to see his unsatisfied face. He wasn't happy you were outside and truth was you knew you had broken a promise. "Yes, people over the age of 18 are allowed to guide their own decisions. But not you." Your eyes widened by his words making you cross your arms. "So what, you've the one who's going to take my decisions now? Or what about Calum? No wait, a better choice! Michael!" Luke's eyes boiled with fire by your lack of seriousness. You were not the one to joke a lot but it pissed him off rather much that you didn't even take his warnings into situation. "You think this is a joke? You think I'm just saying this just to have some sort of control over you? I am trying to save you, Y/N." That was the thing that was being told all the time. That you had to be saved, that you could never be the one to be in control only because of your weaknesses. You wanted to be independent, you wanted to prove that they didn't have the power they thought they had. "How about saving me by not saving me? Maybe that would start wonders." You threw your hair over your shoulder and started to walk again down the street, not caring about his reaction or what he was going to say. You already knew the words and you also knew you had crossed the line so not make things worse. He could run for you if he wanted and he could leave, nothing would matter to you. "If you won't walk with me willingly I'll throw you over my shoulder without a word. Your decision, for once Y/N." His voice was dead serious to the point of shivers running down your spine but you held your head high and kept on walking. It was no use fighting against him but at least he had to catch you first. You just had to shake off the fact you were more scared than brave. If you just kept walking with your mind the right place you wouldn't have to think about the surroundings around you. But as a jolt ran through your body and you expected to see Luke's face behind you as someone sneaked their arms around your waist you were shocked. "Is that the doppelganger I see?" The face wasn't recognizable but the redness in his eyes were enough for you to scream. You weren't able to say anything and you shut your eyes preparing for what was going to happen. It wasn't something you wanted to witness to. You weren't supposed to peak your eye open but you did and a shaky breath escaped your lips when the vampire looked just as pale as you probably did. Behind him stood Luke with a irritated look on his face, most probably illustrating 'I told you so,'. Ripping the heart completely out from the guy's body Luke threw it to the ground instantly and dried off the blood on his pants. "Thank you." It had been a bit of silence before you said anything, you were too shocked but in the end so grateful. "I don't do this because I want the control over you." He mentioned and wrapped a secure hand around your waist. "I'm doing this because I care for you."

Calum:

"If you've come to yell at me, don't. I've had enough complains today the last thing I want is from you as well." You looked confused by his words, he wouldn't even look at you but you could tell the glass in his hand was about to crack. His eyes were deeply focused at the fireplace burning with ashes. The brownness in his eyes really came to notice with the flame reflections of orange and yellow/red. You weren't sure if you should walk out or stay because he really seemed to be in the mood of a yell. Even if he said he didn't want to do it his voice showed a hint of frustration, anger, and most importantly aggression. You never wanted to be on his bad side when he was in this mood. "You were the one killing him." You weren't angry, you weren't sad. It was a face left with no emotions you wore. Calum blinked twice and looked towards your direction without a word said. Though, he was thinking a billion. "Yes, I killed him Y/N. He was coming after you, there was no way he was going to get in control once the transition was over. Some are just not meant for being vampires." He watched you take the steps closer and you stepped onto the carpet he was standing at. "Some are just meant to be human." "Wasn't that the same thing you said about me?" You almost couldn't believe the way he was thinking. Just the second it was about someone else he wouldn't think twice if their life was worth it. If they stood in the way it was better ending lives than recreating ones. "That whatever had to be done I needed a second chance. I needed to see if I could stand living this life because mine wasn't worth ending yet?" Calum bit harshly onto his lip by your words, barely wanting to flick his glance at you. "That was something different." "How can it be something different? No human life is different from other? We're all worth the same!" You wanted to march over and knock some sense into him but no matter what he never seemed to understand your perspective. He just wanted to do what was best in order for him to live his life without worrying a little too much. "Because this is you. And I'm nothing without you by my side no matter if you hate me or you love me!" You rolled your eyes by his words, almost wanting to block it all out. One side you wanted nothing else but to kiss the life out of him but on the other side you just wanted to smack him. Right across the face because with how selfish he was being right now it shouldn't be accepted. "I'd never hate you. That's how simple it is." It had been a while before you had said something, almost a full minute. You had been thinking back and forth but no matter what you always seemed to forgive him. It didn't matter who he hurt to get to that place but he never left your side to stand up for you and that was the truth. He looked at you while shaking his head, clearly affected by the words said from before. You weren't sure if you were supposed to walk out or not but when he filled the steps between you and placed his hands in your hair this was where you were meant to be. To fill his lips, his cold heart seeming to heat up once you were in his full comfortable reach.