#47: Baby's First Christmas: Christmas Eve

Christmas Calendar 2016 » December the 24th:
Baby's First Christmas (5/5)

It's with an arching heart and a teary smile on my face that I say a final goodbye to this whole series. It's been such an amazing journey and this was definitely the kick start of my blog, something I will proudly look back at and smile. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart, I can't express my happiness for all the readers that have been a part of this. It's always hard to say goodbye but how am I so blessed to have something so amazing to say goodbye to? I will be missing this, there is no doubt but it's a miss I can always look back at and relive once again.

Endless thank you's to all of you. I hope you've loved this as much as I have.

All the love, Julie

 Luke:

"You really were hungry, huh?" You quietly mumbled while rocking back and forth slowly on the mattress, enjoying the peaceful silence while the faint sound of people chatting and laughing echoed in the background. Small cute grunts were coming from William as he peacefully attached to your nipple, having to wait until you had finished the first part of the dinner before you could excuse yourself and seek hide into Luke's old bedroom. It was amazing to see how much it looked the same. The pink speakers standing by the bookcase above his bed, the old webcam above his computer and newspaper cutouts from their first ever gig in the band. It was bringing lots of memories back and right in the moment you couldn't stop smiling. "Am I interrupting something?" Looking towards the door that was half opened by Luke poking his head inside, a sigh came from your lips and you shook your head. "We just needed a small pause from everything." Luke smiled softly by your words and opened the door fully to walk inside, making sure to shut it in order to avoid the loud noises coming from his family downstairs. "And also, someone was very hungry." You added, caressing your thumb over his forehead and looked over at Luke when he adjusted his red tie and took a seat beside you on his old bed. You could tell just by the way he was looking around that memories were floating back to his mind, the smile on his face only growing when looking over at his bulletin board with old frames and pictures. "You remember that?" He pointed carefully and you followed his finger. "That picture was taken on Christmas Eve, 2003." A wide smile came to your face by the memory, the picture being you and Luke wearing Christmas hats that were definitely too big for your heads. "We were so determined to celebrate Christmas together that our parents had to host a brunch in the morning to make sure we would at least be together and decorate a Christmas tree." Luke nodded his head in agreement and leaned his head against yours, looking down at your son for a short moment before he pressed his lips against your forehead. "My mum just mentioned from that day she was sure we would end up together. She mentioned that I had used literally three weeks trying to save up for this fluffy seal from the kids store but I never managed to buy it." Your eyes widened by his explanation, seeing him fiddle with your baby blanket and a blush came to his cheeks. "Kind of lame, right?" "No." You replied in a soft tone, smiling up at him while continuing to caress your son's forehead. "It's really cute. You never told me that." He looked down at his lap while smiling, the blush on his cheeks only increasing by you keeping on staring at him. It was such a sweet gesture, especially because you weren't that old back then. "I actually bought you a Christmas present." He announced, changing the subject, but before you could protest saying that you had been agreeing that you wouldn't give each other presents, he silenced you. "I know that we agreed not to do this but I don't care. The past year has been somehow a rollercoaster for us and you've been such a fighter I couldn't be more proud of you. You gave me the gift of an amazingly healthy baby boy that I don't think I'll ever be able to thank you enough for. You're my star, you're the girl I want to spend with for the rest of my life. So I bought you something not only you can enjoy, but also something our son can." It was a suspicious smile that came to your face by his words but it only became wider when Luke pulled up a toy seal he had been hiding under the sheets, and to see your reaction he couldn't stop laughing. "I hope it's acceptable, beautiful. I can't believe this is our first actual Christmas together. I love you." He smiled, wrapping his arm around your shoulder to pull you closer, making sure that he wouldn't disturb the breastfeeding. Looking up at him with a warm smile lingering on your face you couldn't stop giggling because of his cute behavior, this was so typical Luke, it was so typical your best friendship, your relationship and your new way of being parents. "I love you too, Luke. Thank you for the best Christmas of my life so far shared with happy memories and loved ones." You whispered, already smiling into the kiss that he had pulled you into and started to giggle, affecting him and messing up the kiss completely.