#45: Baby's First Christmas | You Bake Christmas Cookies

Christmas Calendar 2016 » December the 11th:
Baby's First Christmas (3/?)

Luke:

"This is so weird." You commented, hands filled with dough as you mixed it all together with the chocolate chips he had just filled it up with. "What?" He questioned while cleaning his hands under the sink, looking over at you with a curious expression. "Weird feeling of dough?" "No." You giggled by how he was unaware and nodded your head towards the baby monitor standing a bit further away on the kitchen counter so it wouldn't get messy. "Not having him around." "He's just sleeping upstairs. Nothing to worry about." He removed a piece of hair behind your ear while smiling down at you, moving away when you wanted to wash your hands too. "It's just very, very, weird for me. He needs another crib here downstairs so we can focus on him all the time." You grabbed the bowl and turned around to head towards the kitchen but before you could walk any further Luke stopped you. "What?" You questioned, looking up at him confused but when he pointed above his head your eyes widened. "Did you hang this up?" He shook his head innocently with but still with a teasing smile, a deep bush coming to his face. You looked down at the bowl with the exact same matching blush, not really knowing how to react to the situation but that was when he grabbed your chin gently and placed his lips on top of yours. The kiss was sweet just like you craved for, feeling how he was smiling into the kiss. You almost dropped the bowl in your hands by you continuing, his fingers still tucking under your chin but that was when small sounds came from the monitor. "Don't worry." He whispered, ghosting his lips over yours. "I'll go check on him." His voice was still quite as he spoke, his eyes looking down at you promisingly. You nodded your head agreeing while looking down at your feet, feeling his lips press against your forehead before he turned around and headed towards the stairs, also allowing you to place the cookie dough in the fridge.

Calum:

"What in the world happened in here?" Michael questioned confused the second he was out of his bunk, his hair standing straight in the air in different directions and his eyes wide as he looked around. He wasn't wearing anything else but a pair of black boxers and a t-shirt, his hands coming up to scratch his tired eyes. "It looks even worse than when I cook in the kitchen!" "Y/N wanted us to jump into this project called doing cookies on our own and give it out as Christmas presents. Turns out, none of us are really that great bakers." Calum explained while having Alex on his lap, looking over at your direction with a teasing smile. "Aka, Calum just being horribly lazy and not pretty good with doing the frosting as I told him to." You nodded your head down towards the purple bowl that had been standing empty in front of Calum for minutes now, a package of powdered sugar and cheese cream next to him. He adjusted Alex on his lap while looking over at you with a scoff, "How would I be able to make frosting when we don't have any Christmas cookies to decorate?" Rolling your eyes by his words you poured more flour into your bowl while mixing around, the smell of cinnamon and ginger obvious in the small mini bus bakery of yours. "What happened to the cookies over there?" Michael observed after roaming through the fridge, scratching his stomach and pointed towards the stack of cookies still resting on an oven grid. "They tasted too much of ginger so we weren't really able to bite on them without gagging." You explained while Calum nodded his head agreeing, watching Michael furrow his eyebrows while looking back at the cookies. He thought for a minute before deciding to fill his hands with what he was able too, even a cookie being put into his mouth. "Nothing should go to waste. Call if you make any further cookie failures." He said with his mouth stuffed, a satisfied smile on his face as he walked back to his bunk with a huff.

Michael:

"You know what could be really fun?" A puff of flour was thrown towards your face, making your eyes squeeze in reaction and your jaw falling. If you peeked your eye open just a little bit you could see Michael hold a hand in front of his mouth to hold in a laugh, his other holding onto Celeste who was sitting on the kitchen counter. "Okay that was much funnier than I expected." Your hands came up to remove the flour away from your eyes and nose while he talked, this time not being able to hold in the laugh that had been waiting in his throat by his cheeky action. Starting a project called trying to make the simplest Christmas cookies ever shaped in trees seemed easy on your behalf, but when it came to Michael's lacking baking skills and the horrible concentration it didn't take him long to find something else to entertain him. "Did you just throw fl-," Before you could finish your sentence another puff of flour was thrown towards your face, but it wasn't because Michael was totally entertained that he did it again. Celeste was sitting next to him with a huge smile, wiggling and giggling in excitement by your reaction to his teasing act. "Blame it on her, she's the one convincing me to do it." He exclaimed with hands raised in surrender, flour obvious on his hands. You looked at him with daring eyes, seriousness expressed on your face but when it changed when you reached forward and grabbed the fleur as well. If Celeste really needed a laugh she needed to see her father in the exact same stage as her mother. And she did, laughing all over her face when you threw the flour towards Michael, holding in a giggle as he looked at you daring. "Y/N this is war. Christmas snow fleur edition!" Your eyes widened by how messy your kitchen was during the act but none of you cared. The excitement in Celeste's eyes were worth everything even though she was getting fleur on herself, smiling from top to toe on the kitchen counter while watching you fool around.

Ashton:

"Your father says this is the easiest thing in the world, but you know what? It definitely isn't." You could tell in the corner of your eyes that Ashton was looking over at you with his jaw falling, his eyebrows lifted in fake surprise acting offended. "What do you mean, this is beautiful!" Just as the words slipped through his mouth the gingerbread house in front of him fell apart, still with his hands holding onto the roof that was supposed to be a finished touch. Your hand came up to hold in the grin that was ready to embrace your face, watching him look down at the ruined house with no expression on his face. "That-," "Don't." He warned, pointing a finger at you and looked at you with serious eyes. You held in the laugher while nodding your head agreeing, leaning over to grab Zack who was being fuzzy all of the sudden. It was a no shocker though, he was the one always screaming up for food rather than his little sister keeping it more quiet with arm movements. "Oh and now you're gonna use the excuse of breastfeeding to not finish yours?" He spat in seriousness but it was soon followed by a laugh when you rolled your eyes at him. It wasn't that your house was prettier than his, in fact it looked just as horrible. It was Ashton's idea doing a pair of twin houses made from gingerbread but this definitely didn't look like twins. It was a huge mess, powdered sugar was practically everywhere you could even spot some in his curly locks. But he was still determined, something that always proved his personality and it was the same with this. He didn't care if you had been sitting here for the past hour trying to work something out because you always seemed to have fun together, even better with Zack and Cloe around you. They didn't understand what was happening but it didn't matter, just by doing this as a together meant everything to Ashton.