#81: He Says 'I Love You' For The First Time

Luke:

"Luke, you gotta help me out here. You're at least twice my size and if you continue to be so stubborn there's no way you'll get to bed without dying of heat." You tried your best, the seriousness in your tone was there but no matter what you couldn't stop smiling. The way he was looking up at you was priceless and with the tousled hair and drunken eyes he was far away in another world. He had stains of beer on the shirt you were trying to drag him out of and weird grass stains on his pants that you were surprised were visible on the black fabric. "I'm helping you all I-, I can princess." His finger came up to caress over your lips, a dazed and giggling smile on his face. "You sure are." You mumbled without really meaning it, trying to get rid of his pants after you threw the shirt to the carpet. He was almost out like a light, his eyes were switching between opening and closing. "You ready to sleep?" You questioned once you had gotten rid of his socks and pants, helping to get him under the sheets and prepare for a lovely hungover tomorrow. "No I'm missing something." He mumbled once his cheek hit the pillow and with one swift movement you were onto the mattress with him. "I missed the love of my life." "You what?" You questioned wide eyes, your tone wasn't shocked but you could feel your heart race by his words. He was drunk after all but you weren't doubtful that it had the exact same meaning as if he was saying it sober. "You love me?" You had to ask just to be sure. "Of course I love you." He commented almost like you were dumb and wrapped the sheets around you too. "Only an idiot wouldn't love you." His face was still completely dazed and blank from the alcohol but by the tone of his voice you could tell that he actually meant it. You weren't sure whether or not he would remember this in the morning but if he did, you would definitely tell him. "I love you too." You whispered softly against his lips, not sure if he was still awake but that didn't matter. It would be the first thing you would say to him when he would wake up in the morning.

Calum:

"We can't keep arguing like this!" Your voice was echoing in the otherwise large kitchen, eyes wide and mouth open. "Then why do you continue Y/N? Don't blame everything on me!" He spat back, his brown eyes just as wide and cheeks flushed in a deep shade of red. "No I'm the one trying to stop them because you always start the fights Calum! And we've been arguing the same thing all morning but you still haven't given me an answer to why you are so stubborn. Why won't you just let me?" He had that expression on his face that told he was in deep thought. His teeth were invisibly digging onto the bottom lip while his eyes scanned your frustrated form with a mouth that never seemed to spot. The words were speeding out of your mouth with 100km per hour. "It's only because I love you so much and I don't want you to get hurt!" Silence fell upon the room, the only thing that seemed to cut the ice was the sound of cars driving on the highway outside from the open balcony. Your eyes were wide just like his, lips puckered shortly before you opened to say something. "You love me?" He fiddled nervously with his fingers tempted between trying to save it or not. "No-, or I mean yes I do love you but I didn't want it to come out like this." He ran the palms of his hands over his forehead and eyes in both embarrassment and exhaustion, he definitely couldn't save this. "I love you Y/N." It was as if all the anger was forgotten. You could feel your stomach erupt with butterflies and you looked speechless down at your feet for a second. "I love you too Calum." Your voice was small but still loud enough for him to hear and his head shut up. "I love you a whole lot more than you probably realize." He shook his head in disagreement, "I think I've already realized that." Gently he lifted your chin up so you were facing him, noses bumping against each other. It wasn't anything else but a giggle you gave in respond by his reaction, lips connecting for a brief moment as he pressed you against the end of the kitchen tiles with probably the biggest smile to date. God how he loved saying that out loud.

Michael:

He had been pacing around in the kitchen confused, walked into the instrument room just for a second to take a deep breath and back at it again in the living room. There was no doubt in mind that something was up, he had been awfully quiet the past few hours and when he was speaking he wasn't doing it to you. He was on the phone, off the phone, fiddled with food in the fridge and emptied bottles of cold water. You were witnessing everything on distance seated on the couch unsure if you should break in or not. If something was up you assumed he would come for your help but he was only distancing himself further away from you. "You know, now I'm just gonna say it." He hung up on the phone as if you couldn't hear anything and you tore the magazine away from your eyes to focus over at his form leaning against the doorframe. "You know how things are hard to say sometimes?" You weren't sure whether or not he was talking to you, his eyes were lowered to his feet. "You know, that kind of feeling where you just want it out, you know it's right and it's not that you're afraid of the reaction. You just... You don't know how to get it out?" He stopped until he stopped by the end of the couch and took a seat by your feet. You opened your mouth ready to respond but he placed a finger in front of your lips. "I need to say it now because I've been thinking about it for so long..." He grabbed your hand gently and let a shaky breath escape from his lips. "Y/N... I love you." It was as if time froze, completely. You really hadn't expected him to say this, you were so sure it was something bad. "I really really love you. Wow it feels so good to say out loud." His cheeks had turned into a deep shade of red that was how nervous he was. It seemed as if a rock had fallen from his heart in relief and when you couldn't stop giggling he knew you felt the same way. "I love you too you goof." You whispered once he had engulfed you on the couch, noses touching each other and bumping in sync for a small kiss.

Ashton:

It sounded like the alarm bell would never stop ringing and you groggily moved over Ashton's warm chest to turn it off. He had been resting in the same position pretending to be asleep but you knew very well that he was awake but simply too lazy to turn it off. The way his eyes were fluttering but still being shut spoiled everything and when you felt his hand caress on your back you knew he was fully awake. "Can't we just stay here forever?" He mumbled into the sheets that were almost covering his face, his cheek pressed on his pillow. "I wish we could." You mumbled below your breath and despite wanting to get up fell back onto the bed and back into his arms. There was no way you would be leaving the bed now so you closed your eyes and sighed softly. "I love you." Within seconds your eyes opened again and you looked up at him confused. His face was still hiding in the sheets but if you looked closely you could see his dimple showing. You were unsure if he actually said it with meaning or if it was just blunted out of sleep but then it happened again. "I love you." This time you could see on his face that he was fully awake and you removed the sheets carefully to see his face. He was blushing there was no doubt and he nervously fiddled with the sheets. "I couldn't really find another romantic way to say it than this." He nodded between you as if he was a little bit embarrassed but you shook your head. Not that you didn't agree with him but because this was just perfect. You were resting in your neck and showing fully who you were to him, it couldn't have been any better. It gave the three words bigger meaning and just by the way he had said it was probably the cutest way to date. He hid back into the sheets just to be a tease and you were quick to remove them so you could press your lips against his. "I love you too." You whispered and rested your head next to his, you definitely wouldn't leave this bed for now. "You couldn't have said it any better. Just like this, it's just perfect. We're perfect." He giggled, "God how I just love you man."