take me back if where i was

It's been a week now since she got home. She's spending more of her time with her sons.

And it's been 3 weeks now since the last time she saw danny. And it's been 3 weeks now since the last time that her son had a conversation with his dad.

She's wondering if where he is, What he is doing right now. But she's trying to forget about him, but how she can forget him ? If her son, darren, always asking her if where his dad. How she can forget him if nicky keep saying daddy ?

She wants to cry, to see her kids like this. They are always sad. Especially darren. He doesn't want to take his eyes off to her phone, waiting for his dad to call until he fell asleep everynight. She doesn't know what to do now.

Danny didn't reply to her text before and she keep texting him for the sake of her kids but she heard nothing from him.

Sometimes she wants to book a flight to dublin but what if he isn't there ?

Nicky is playing around the living room. He's walking now with his own, while darren is still the same. Staring at her phone waiting for his dad's call.

She hugged darren from his back. With that she felt something in her arm. When she looked at darren she saw his tears streaming down on his face still his eyes on her phone.

"Daddy is fine, Alright ? Maybe he's busy." She said trying to comport him.

"How can you say that he's fine ? Mum, i miss him." Darren said.

"I know... But baby, mummy is trying to comport you. I don't want to see you like this. I'm trying everything to make you better but i think i can't make them if you're looking for daddy." She said as she feel jealous.

"I want you and daddy to stay with us, that will make me feel better, mum." Darren said.

"Son, mummy is always telling you. Mummy and Daddy can't be together again. Baby, we can't be." She said and darren turned around.

"Why mum ? Why you can't  ? How we can be a family ? How everyone will call us a family if we are broken ?" Darren asked and moved far away from her. She looked down and wipes her tears quickly.

"Daddy has a girlfriend. He cheated on mummy, and mummy did nothing but let him go even though mummy loves him so much. Now mummy is trying to move on, mummy found someone better than daddy, So now mummy is dating with someone else. Because mummy and daddy can't be  lover anymore. Baby... I'm sorry if we're the reason.." She said.

"But i want you and daddy mum! I don't want anyone else to take you out except dad." Darren said.

"Son, you should accept the fact, that we can't be together anymore." She explained to her son but darren shook his head.

"Then why both of you created us ? If you both can't stay to each other forever with us ?" Darren said a bit angry. She knows darren so much now.

"So---"

"Mum, i'm tired! I'm trying to understand the situation. I'm always telling myself to wait for the right! I keep telling myself that you and daddy will be okay soon. But mum it's too hard! I should accept the fact but mum you created us! Both me and nicky! If you and daddy can't live together forever inshort if you both can't fix this family, bring me back to daddy eric now! Atleast there i know i have a complete family. I'm happy with them. I won't think too much, I won't worry about my parents. I think it would be better mum." Darren said. She's in shocked but she chose to ignore what he had said. She doesn't want to hear this, She want him to stay with her..

"Son---"

"I know i'm too selfish mum. But i am your son, You and daddy should know what i need. I need my parents to be here with me. I don't want a broken family, mum. I love you and dad. But i suggested please bring me back to daddy eric, if we can't be a happy family." Darren said with that she can't control herself so she cried.

"I'm sorry mum... But you know what? I can understand if you are angry with dad because he cheated on you, but mum, you entertain someone to court you, You entertain someone like you want to take a revenge to dad which is not good for us, For me and Nicky. I'm not happy with that mum."

"Son, i'm not taking a revenge to your dad. Mummy is falling in love. Mummy can't be happy ?" She asked.

"You can mum. Do whatever you want to make you happy. But don't expect that i can be happy with your choice. Don't expect that i will approve to him, i mean to your new man. I may not know the whole story between you and Dad but i still won't be happy that you both will be with someone else. " Darren said.

"Darren! You should understand.. Yes you know nothing between mummy and daddy, you may know something but not that much. Son, i'm trying to explain and i want you to listen. Mummy and Daddy have their own lives now. Mummy won't be happy with Daddy anymore and Daddy won't be happy with Mummy anymore. But that's not mean Mummy and Daddy can't be your parents. Of course mummy and daddy can still be your parents and nicky too." She explained. She saw darren looked away. She wipes her tears but it doesn't stop from falling.

"If that would be our situation forever take me back if where i was." Darren said almost a whisper.

"Darren?..."

"I won't be happy if we're like this forever. I can't be happy with this situation." Darren said.

"But son... I need you here... Pleaseee." She begged.

"I'm sorry mum. That's my only favor. Just please? I'm begging you. If Daddy can't be with us, take me back to daddy eric.." Darren said and walked up the stairs. She started to cry again.