Shouldn't Have Waited Part 2

You've been dreading this day for the past week or so. Initially you thought it would be easy to avoid Demi and Selena, seeing as how they're famous and you're just a good friend. Friend. The word repeated itself in your mind so often that you wanted to scream.

Currently you were driving to Selena's album release party, which you had been invited to months ago and didn't think it would be right to back out at the last second. They had been bombarding you with texts and calls all week, trying to figure out why you were ignoring them. If only they knew...

Well, actually they were about to find out. You had decided that it would be best to tell Demi how you feel, because it's not like she can do anything other than reject you. Atleast you know the outcome now.

Much sooner than you would've liked, you pull up to the venue where the party is being held. Paparazzi are swarming everywhere, desperate to get in and get the first picture of the new couple. You smirked to yourself, knowing that only people who had VIP invitations, like you, could gain entrance.

Before walking in you forced yourself to take a deep breath. “It's gonna be okay” you whispered to yourself while walking in. The bouncer let you in right away, not even having to ask your name. You had been friends with Demi and Selena for such a long time that people always just assumed you would be where they are. You briefly wondered if anyone wondered how you felt about them dating. Probably not.

The second you stepped foot into the room, you were instantly engulfed in a tight hug by none other than Demi. You didn't return the hug, fearful that you might not be able to let go. “Where've you been?” she asked, pulling away when you didn't reciprocate. You simply shrugged, suddenly feeling anger towards her. “I've just been busy. You know, just because I'm not famous doesn't mean I don't have a life.”

Demi looked shocked by the harsh tone in your voice, but only for a second. “C'mon, Selena will be so happy to see you!” she squealed as she grabbed your hand and began dragging you to where Selena was. You wanted to pull out of her grasp and run to the safety of your car, but that would just be stupid and childish. You just hoped that they wouldn't act all lovey-dovey in front of you. That would just be too much to handle.

A huge smile appeared on Selena's face when she saw you and Demi. You felt a twinge in your heart knowing that the smile was probably more for Demi than you. “Y/N! I've missed you!” she said, pulling you into a tight hug. For some reason, your arms lifted and returned the gesture. “I missed you too Sel! I've just been busy with work and school. But who cares about what I've been doing. I can't believe this is your 5th album!” you said excitedly. She smiled and started babbling about the work she put into it and other things your really didn't care about. While she was talking you took the opportunity to glance over at Demi who was still standing next to you.

She was looking at you with an incredibly hurt look on her face. It was no doubt caused by how happy you had been to see Selena, yet cold to her. It didn't make sense to you either. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Everything you were doing was 100% opposite of what you were feeling. You should be mad at Selena for “stealing” Demi, even if she wasn't yours to be stolen from. But for some reason you were mad at Demi.

Tearing your gaze away from her, you went back to listening to what Selena was talking about. After several minutes, you noticed Demi moving from your side to stand in front of Selena. You watched as she placed her hands on her shoulders and looked her in the eyes. “Baby, I know you're really excited about this, but why don't you go talk to some of your other guests? I'm sure they're all dying to congratulate you” she suggested. Selena agreed, causing Demi to smile and lean in for a kiss. You looked away before their lips met, unsure of how you would have handled seeing that. “I'll find you in a bit, I need to talk to Y/N” you heard Demi tell Selena.