You Belong With Me

“Hey, who's the new girl?” You made a quick glance over to where your friend Taylor was pointing and then shrugged without saying anything, looking back down at your phone. “Y/N, put the phone down for a second. We should go talk to her.” You huffed and put your phone back in your purse, moving your eyes to the girl. “Why? If she wanted to talk to us she would, and besides, there aren't any empty seats left at our lunch tab-” You paused in mid-sentence as the girl looked in your direction and you finally saw her face.

“Holy fuck” you whispered. Taylor smirked at you, knowing exactly what happened. “Thought so. Now go talk to her!” You nodded absentmindedly, still staring at the girl. She was gorgeous, easily the most beautiful girl you had ever seen. The thing that stood out to you the most was her hair. It was shaved on one side and the tips were dyed purple ombré .

Despite Taylor telling you to go talk to her, your feet stayed in the same spot. “Actually, I have to go talk to my physics teacher about missing homework” you lied, suddenly nervous. You started to walk away but Taylor stopped you. “No, you're going to talk to her. If you don't think she's into chicks, you need to look again. Part of her head is freaking shaved. Go. Talk. To. Her.” She gave you a small push in the girls direction, walking away before you could argue with her.

“H-hey” You mentally slapped yourself for already looking like an idiot. “Hey. I'm Demi, and you are...?” she said with a smile, which only made you more nervous. 'Um, Y/N. Are you new here?” She laughed and it made your heart flutter. You didn't even know her, yet you would do just about anything to keep hearing that laugh. “Yep. I went to a private school before but that sucked, so here I am!”

You didn't know how to respond, so you just smiled and nodded. You weren't usually nervous around girls, but something was different about Demi. “So what grade are you in?” you asked, hoping that she was in the same one as you. “Senior, you?” You pouted jokingly to hide your disappointment. “That sucks, I'm a junior but I wouldn't mind seeing you all the time.”

The words slipped out before you could stop them, not meaning to speak your mind. Your eyes widened and you blushed furiously, internally freaking out. You were about to apologize and correct yourself but Demi rested her hand on your arm, silencing you. “Are you always this cute?” Demi asked with a raised eyebrow. You shook your head, blushing even more. “Not really. Well, maybe. I might be sometimes.”

Demi laughed again at your rambling. “I've known you for all of 5 minutes and I already think you're the most adorable person I've ever met.” Great, she just thought of you as adorable. You shouldn't be hurt by that but you were. Once again you didn't know what to say, but luckily the bell rang.

“Where do you think you're going?” Demi asked when you stepped away from her. “Class? That was the warning bell.” She playfully rolled her eyes, moving closer to you. “I know that. But how are you supposed to see me all the time if we're in different classes?” She smirked at you and waited for your reply, but you couldn't tell if she was being serious.

“I didn't think private school students were into skipping” you said sarcastically. “Why do you think I'm here now?” You opened your mouth to respond but nothing came out. This girl was seriously special if she was already making you speechless. “Come on. We're going to my house.”

She grabbed your arm and tugged you to the front doors, glancing around to make sure no one was watching. “Here, get in” she said when you reached her car. “I can't believe we're doing this” you muttered, having never skipped class before. She laughed softly while starting her car, smiling in your direction. “That's fine, but it's definitely happening.”

She apparently didn't live far, because the drive wasn't that long. “Feel free to make yourself at home” Demi said as she let you in her house. You took a look around, finding that the house was actually really nice. It was small but cozy, and that made you feel comfortable. It was a good thing too, because your nerves we all over the place.

“So Y/N, tell me about yourself.” Demi sat on the couch and patted the spot next to her, inviting you to sit. There were other places for you to sit, but she wanted you next to her. You knew you were probably just looking for any sign that she could ever see you as more than a friend, but that was perfectly okay.

“There's not really much to say. I wake up, go to school, come home and do my homework, then go to bed” you shrugged while sitting down. “That's not true. I've been at your school for a week and I've been watching you the entire time. I see you hanging out with your friends and doing other things.” She kept talking but all you heard was that she had been watching you all week. You hadn't even noticed her until today, yet she had been watching you the whole week?

“Y/N? Are you listening?” Her voice snapped you out of your thoughts. “Sorry, I was just thinking. Why have you been watching me so much?” If someone had asked you that same question, you would have tried to make up some lame excuse, so you expected Demi to do the same. She didn't.

“Have you looked in a mirror lately? I'd have to be blind to not want to look at you as much as possible.” Her blatant flirtation surprised you, but you definitely liked it. If she was straight-forward there was no reason for you to not be. “I think there are a few ways you could see more more often.”

Okay, so it wasn't exactly as direct as her statement. You were never that good at flirting anyway. You looked away from Demi, feeling the nerves from earlier come back. You were thinking of a reason to leave when Demi grabbed your face and planted her lips on yours.

Holy shit. Demi, the girl you just met, was kissing you. The most gorgeous girl you had ever seen was gifting you with her lips. You didn't know anything about her, yet it was happening anyway. You decided to stop thinking and just kiss her.

“Does this mean I get to see you all the time?” you asked after pulling away. She smiled and grabbed your hand, giving your cheek a soft kiss. “Hell yes. But we should probably get back to school before we get caught and have to see each other in detention.” You laughed and kissed her again. Sure, you barely knew her. Sometimes it's just meant to be.