Senses

She's the most beautiful girl you've ever seen. Scratch that, she's the single most beautiful person in the entire world. Of course she doesn't believe you when you tell her, but it's so true. In fact, you often joke that if you were her, someone would have to pull you away from the mirror because you would be in awe of your own beauty. She rolls her eyes at you because she thinks you're being sarcastic. Her eyes. People always say that the eyes are windows to a persons soul, and you believe that's especially true for Demi. Sometimes when looking into them you have to force yourself to look away because you get overwhelmed by how much emotion they hold. When someone asks you what your favorite color is you don't hesitate in responding “Have you seen Demi's eyes? That's my favorite color.” Sometimes when she shifts her head her hair covers her eyes, and it always leaves you feeling conflicted. On one had, it blocks your view of her magnificent orbs. On the other hand, you also love her hair. It doesn't make sense to you how she can dye it over and over yet it still remains so...luscious. You don't blame people for being envious of it. You used to want hair like hers, but then you realized you wanted all of her. When she has bangs its like they point directly at your next favorite feature: her smile. It's truly dazzling. No matter how bad of a mood you're in, when she smiles it's like there was never anything wrong in the first place.

From her mouth comes literally the most beautiful voice. Whether she's talking, laughing, singing, or even yelling, you could listen to her voice all day. You aren't quite sure how you got to be the one lucky person that gets to hear it everyday, but you must've done something great to deserve it. Every day you wake up to her husky voice telling you to move your lazy ass and get her some breakfast. It's the best wake up call you've ever had. More often than not you pretend to still be sleeping just so you can hear the extra rasp in her morning voice. She hates the way her voice sounds but you tell her that if her next album was just her reading the phone book, people would still buy it and listen to it nonstop. When a critic insults her voice you kindly recommend that they go get their hearing checked. Her laugh is kind of like a GPS, in that if you're in a crowded room and looking for her all you have to do is pause for a moment and wait for her to laugh. When she does you instantly know where she is. By far though your favorite time to hear her voice is during intimate moments. Usually it's stern and commanding, as if you would ever disobey her. But in the rare times when she lets you take charge, the most beautiful words slip out. “I love you so much...please touch me” she whines.

Touch her you do. From head to toe, you don't miss a single inch. People say cotton is the softest thing that can be touched, but you disagree. It's definitely Demi's hair, and you could run your fingers through it all day. But why would you when there's so much more of her to feel? Her skin is so soft and sometimes when you touch her in just the right place she arches into your hands. You love when that happens, because it lets you feel her even more. When she comes home from wherever she's been the absolute first thing she does is hug you. Why she doesn't greet you with a kiss you'll never know, but her hugs are just as good. Hugs from Demi are always so warm and inviting that you honestly feel sorry for anyone who hasn't been able to experience them. You can't help but melt into them, no matter how quick or long they are. When she hugs you, it's like you're in a protective bubble that no one can burst. Her best hugs are when she's trying to comfort you though. A picture is worth a thousand words? Yeah right, more like a hug from Demi is worth a million words. All she has to do to calm you down is wrap you in a hug. When she does that you take deep breaths, inhaling her intoxicating scent.

She's not big on wearing perfume, so she normally smells like whatever shampoo she's been using. She likes using herbal shampoos, so the smell wasn't that overpowering. It was just perfect. You hadn't really liked the way herbal shampoos smelled until you met her. Now you can't get enough. When she's on tour you find yourself buying candles that have the same scent so you can burn them when you're missing her. Sometimes at night when you wake up and can't fall asleep again and don't want to wake her up, you stealthily steal her pillow and replace it with yours. It's not as good as getting the smell directly from her, but it'll have to do.

She doesn't cook often, but when she does she has a unique way of letting you sample it. “Tell me if this tastes good baby” she says after trying some for herself. She puckers her lips and waits for you to kiss her, smiling at you after and waiting for you to give her your opinion. You think it's unfair of her to do that. Even if you don't particularly like the flavor of the food you still say it tastes delicious, just because it came from her lips. God, her lips. If you're in a hurry and she asks for a kiss you know you need to say no. You're well aware of the fact that once you get a taste of her delicious lips you won't be able to stop kissing her for quite some time. One of her favorite songs contains the lyrics “all I want is the taste that your lips allow.” Every time she sings it she always looks directly at you, and immediately shivers are sent down your spine.

Why? Because to you, those words mean everything. She may not have written the song, but she takes the lyrics to heart. When she sings that one line she probably doesn't even know the effect it has on you. The first time she sang them and looked at you, you almost dropped to your knees and cried. As soon as the words left her mouth you realized that for every feeling you had about her, she felt the exact same way.