So Wrong Pt 4

Amanda tapped her foot as she waited for Demi to give her an explanation, glaring at the both of you. Demi didn't say a word, further provoking her daughter. “Mom! Just tell me what the hell is going on here!” she demanded, stomping over to the bed and yanking you away from Demi. You blinked in surprise but didn't do anything to stop her. “Are you okay?”

What did she mean by that? Of course you were fine. Demi understood what she meant, finally finding her voice to speak up. “Amanda, you need to relax. I don't really know how to explain this, but I would never do anything to hurt Y/N. What we're doing is completely consensual.” You cringed and Demi made a face as she said it. Amanda looked even more disgusted than before, dropping your arm as if it was burning her.

“Wait, this isn't the first time?” You bit your lip, looking down at the ground as you confirmed her fears. There were several moments of silence while Amanda tried to comprehend the information she had just been given. You considered looking at Demi to see how she was doing but ended up deciding against it. “This is so fucked up” Amanda muttered. Her angry footsteps were all you needed to hear to know that she had left.

“This is all my fault” you said at the same time as Demi. You looked at her for the first time since Amanda had pulled you away from her, relieved to see that she didn't look mad. In fact, she looked surprisingly calm. “How is it your fault?” you questioned. The way you saw it, the entire thing could've been avoided if you had just listened to Demi when she said that your parents wanted you home as soon as you woke up.

“We should've gone to my room instead” she said with a smug smile. How could she try to make a joke about such a serious situation? You certainly weren't in the mood to laugh, not when you felt like you were being forced to choose between your best friend and her mom who you were in love with.

Her calm demeanor disappeared when she saw how upset you were. “I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that. Do you want me to leave so you can go and talk to her?” You shook your head, sitting back down on the bed next to her. You dropped your head into your hands as you desperately tried to think of a way to fix things. Demi gingerly placed a hand on your back, probably worried that you would push her away.

“My parents warned me that this would happen.” You didn't mean to say that, it just slipped it. You winced at how harsh your statement was, as if being with Demi wasn't worth the risk. “I didn't mean that” you said in an attempt to apologize. Demi gave you a weak smile, understanding that you didn't intend to sound so rude.

Though you didn't mean to say them, your words made you realize what you had to do. Whenever you were around Amanda you never had to explain yourself. She had been your friend for so long that she always knew exactly what you meant. You would never find a best friend like her if you chose Demi. The solution was pretty obvious.

“Actually, I think it would be a good idea if I walked to her. After all, she is my best friend...” Demi was quick to agree, nodding and getting up. “I'll just get out of the house so you two can talk.” She didn't even say goodbye before leaving, giving you the feeling that she was hurt that you had picked her daughter over her. You were hurting as well, but deep down you knew that you had made the right choice.