Band Girl

It was almost midnight and you were trying so hard to fall asleep, but the sound of your brother’s band practicing in the garage was literally rattling the walls, completely preventing you from sleeping. Just because he was in college and didn’t have a class in the morning made him think that it was okay to play music until the early hours of the morning. After several more minutes of attempting to sleep you couldn’t take it anymore, tossing your blanket to the side and stomping down the stairs to confront him and his band.

You swung the door to the garage open, preparing to yell at them when you locked eyes with the lead singer, Demi. She signaled for everyone to stop playing, raising her eyebrows at the fact that you had come down in your pajamas. “What do you need Y/N? We’re trying to practice, so make it fast” your brother, Nathan, snapped. You broke the eye contact that you had with Demi to try and remember what you had come down for. It was hard to focus on anything when you were in the same room as the girl that you’ve been crushing on for several years.

“It’s going to be midnight and I have to be up early for school. Can’t you just practice during the day?” He scoffed loudly at your suggestion as if it were the most ridiculous thing he had ever heard. “Nah. It’s always better to practice at night.” You waited for him to explain why he thought that, but it appeared he was done talking. You were too tired to argue with him, so you just mumbled “whatever” and turned to leave. “Oh, and if you tell mom and dad when they get back that our music kept you from sleeping…well, I think you know what’ll happen” Nathan said as you shut the door.

You knew exactly what would happen. In a moment of stupidity, you had told him about your crush on Demi and he had been holding it over your head ever since. If Demi ever found out about it, she would probably just think that it’s cute that her band mates little sister has a crush on her. That would just be humiliating. You never should’ve told him, it’s not like you ever told him anything else.

You crawled back into bed, pulling the blanket over your head. The music started up again almost instantly, making you clench your fists in frustration. They had all weekend to practice, so why they chose right now was beyond you. You were so close to giving up and leaving to stay with a friend when the music suddenly stopped. Whatever the reason was, you didn’t care because at least now you could get some sleep.

Someone tapped lightly on your door, almost making you curse in annoyance. “What?” you groaned, not masking the sleepiness in your voice. “Can I come in?” You froze when you heard the raspy voice that could only belong to Demi. What was she doing at your door? Still, you weren’t going to turn down an opportunity to spend time with her, no matter what time you had to be up in the morning. “Sure.”

She came in, smiling at you and sitting on your beanbag chair. “Sorry for bothering you, it’s just that they brought out some beers and I don’t drink anymore” she explained, pulling out her phone to check the time. “I know, you’ve told them several times.” You blushed when you finished talking, worried that you had revealed how much you pay attention to her. “I should probably just stay quiet so you can sleep” she mumbled.

There was no way you were going to be able to sleep with Demi right across the room from you. If she wanted to talk, then you would listen. “No, it’s okay. I usually sleep through first period anyway” you said with a small laugh. “This is kinda uncomfortable” she complained in a whiny voice. You couldn’t stop yourself from what you said next. “There’s room for you here if you want.” She smirked, getting up and standing at the side of your bed. “You’re gonna have to scoot over so I can get on” she said.

You quickly moved to the other side, lifting the blanket so she could get in. Once she was comfortable there was just one question you needed to ask. “Why did you come here? You could’ve just gone home” you questioned, picking at the fabric of your blanket. She shrugged, turning over to face you.

Ignoring your question, she put her hand on the back of your neck and pressed her lips against yours. You responded immediately, opening your mouth so she could slip her tongue in. You’ve been wanting this for so long that a small moan slipped out when her hand softly stroked your side. “Wait” you panted as you broke the kiss, feeling her hand slide under your shirt.

“You don’t want this?” You definitely wanted this; it was just too soon, especially with your brother in the house. “I do, but after a date or two” you said nervously, biting your lip while worrying that she might not like you in that way. She dispelled your fears, bringing you back into the kiss. “Two dates, maybe more. As many as you want. I’ll pick you up after school.” It wasn’t a question or an offer, she was just telling you what she was going to do, which was perfectly fine with you.