These Four Walls Pt 3

“Do you want something to eat?” you asked as Demi followed you into your house. She shook her head, replying “No thanks. Can we just talk?” This is what you were afraid. After making sure you were calmed down Demi asked if she could come to your house. You said yes for a reason you didn't know.

You ignored her and walked into the kitchen to get something to drink. The place was a mess from the party earlier. “Time to fire the cleaning lady” you mumbled as you stepped over discarded bottles. “Please don't shut me out Y/N” she begged. You continued to ignore her, pouring the first alcoholic you could find into a glass.

“Are you seriously going to drink right now? Who even buys it for you?” You put down your glass but still didn't turn around to face her. “My friends” you replied quietly. You heard her walk towards you and bit your lip hard when she placed her hand on the small of your back. “They aren't really your friends you know.” Her voice was gentle but it still irritated you. “If you're trying to make me feel better you're not doing a good job” you stated plainly.

“I'm sorry. Can you at least look at me?” You rolled your eyes but turned around to face her anyway. Neither of you said anything for a few moments, just looked at each other. Well, Demi looked at you and you stared at the ground. She lifted a single finger and gently traced along your jawline until she reached your chin, pushing it up so your were looking at her. “I just want to help you...please let me.”

You didn't believe that she could possibly care about you after what she did. “Why do you even care? Last time I saw you, you were telling me to get out and not come back.” You could see her cringe at the harsh reality of what you said before she quickly pulled herself together. “I know I won't ever be able to convince you, but I'm truly sorry for doing that. It was one of the biggest mistakes of my life. If I knew how much it was going to hurt you I swear I never would've done it. You have to believe me Y/N.”

You shook your head, feeling tears prick your eyelids. “You can't say that. Do you know how much you ruined for me? I haven't been able to have a good relationship since whatever we had because I was so afraid of being kicked to the curb again! My life is empty because of you!” You knew blaming her for all of your problems was a low blow, but in a way it was true.

You didn't understand how Demi could be so calm right now. She brushed away the tears that had leaked out with her thumb. “I know. I know. Will you at least give me a chance to make it up to you?” Did she really deserve that chance? You knew that if you said no now she would just keep asking, so you might as well just let her. “Fine. But first you have to help me clean up this mess.” She smiled at you and quickly went over to where she knew you kept the garbage bags. She handed one to you before she got to work picking up the empty bottles and other trash.

When everything was picked up, you sat down on the couch with Demi. “Shouldn't your maid have done that?” she asked while laughing. You laughed as well, shaking your head. “Yeah, but I haven't seen her in a while. Guess she gave up on me too.” You meant it jokingly but Demi didn't see it that way. “If someone gives up on you they don't deserve you. Y/N, you know you deserve the absolute best, right?”

“If that's true than why don't I have it already?” Demi didn't miss a beat before answering. “Because you don't see how many people care for you and are desperate to help you. You're mad about the intervention but every single person there wants to help you. You think your parents don't love you but that's not true. What I'm going to say next is going to hurt but it's the truth. The only reason your family and so many others aren't in your life anymore is because you pushed them away. Do you know how much you've hurt them? I'm not blaming you, I'm just telling you the truth. Do you know that when you walked out of the room that your mom broke down and was completely inconsolable? You don't believe it but you have so many people who love you.”

You were crying at this point but didn't care. You already knew how much you were hurting your family, but it was different actually hearing it from someone. Especially Demi. “What about you? Am I hurting you?” you asked. She slowly nodded, chewing on her bottom lip. “Yeah, you are. But you're scaring me too. I know you go out and party all the time and I'm so scared that one day something is going to happen to you...and I just couldn't live with myself if you got hurt.”

You hung on to every word she said, feeling an ache in your chest as she continued to talk. “I have a call to make” you said quickly before jumping up and running to your bedroom. You felt like a terrible person for making Demi feel like that, even if she didn't love you the way you secretly still loved her. You felt bad for making her worry about you. There was only one way to get rid of this feeling, and you knew exactly where it was.

You pulled open your nightstand drawer as quiet as possible, reaching in and grabbing the bag of white powder. You dumped a small amount out on the flat surface of the nightstand and picked up the razor that was discarded on the floor. With shaking hands, you divided the pile into 3 individual lines and dropped to your knees, ready to get the high you needed.

“What are you doing?” Demi's voice rang out from the doorway, forcing you to freeze. There really was no excuse you could come up with, because it was pretty obvious what you were doing. “Go back downstairs Demi” you pleaded. She ignored your request and rushed over to you, pushing you away from the nightstand. “Demi let go!” you demanded. She refused, holding you in a vice like grip.

You were full on panicking by now. This was the second time today you hadn't been able to cope the way you were used to. You couldn't handle that. Your breath was coming out in short pants. “P-please Demi, I need it.” You hoped the pathetic way your voice sounded would convince her to let you go but it didn't work.

“No. You have an addiction and using it is counter-productive to what I'm trying to do for you. Just close your eyes and take as many deep breaths as you need. When you feel better I'm taking you to my place and I'm going to play you some music. You'll see that there are other ways to feel better, and you can't say no. I'm not going to leave you alone right now.” You stopped moving around in her arms, slamming your eyes shut and trying to breathe deeply as she suggested. With her running her fingers through your hair you found yourself calming down surprisingly fast. It made you nervous how she was the only person able to calm you down, but you pushed that feeling away and instead decided to let her help you.