She Hates Me

You smiled sheepishly when Demi glared at you, unhappy that you had rejected her invitation to watch a movie with her family “Why do you never want to hang out with them? I feel like you hate them or something.” She impatiently tapped her foot while waiting for you to respond, but the problem was that you had no idea what to say. If you told her the truth then there were two ways she might react: she would either laugh and say that you're insane or call you a bitch. You decided to just take a chance and tell her anyway.

“I could never hate them, but it's kinda the other way around.” Her features softened and for a moment you thought that she understood what you meant. “Y/N we've been over this. Just because your first time meeting my parents didn't go so well doesn't mean that they hate. In fact, they like you more than anyone I've ever dated.”

You cringed at the memory of how awkward it was the first time you met them, but that wasn't what you were talking about. “It's not your parents. Haven't you noticed how Maddie always glares at me whenever she sees me? I don't know what I did, but I swear she hates me” you explained, blushing when Demi started to laugh. “Really babe? I know she's only 12 but you have to give her some credit. She's more mature than most people I know and she wouldn't hate you for no reason. You just told me that you haven't done anything to her, so I really doubt that she hates you” Demi said unconvincingly.

You hated to do it, but the only way to prove yourself was to go and watch the movie so you could show Demi how Maddie acted when you were around. She smiled happily when you told her that she was right, taking hold of your hand and heading out to her car. “I'm glad you agreed because I had already told them that we would be there” she said, making you roll your eyes at how typical that was of her.

She pulled up in front of her parent's house much too soon for your liking. “She's already glaring at me” you whispered to Demi as you followed her to the two available spots on the couch. She looked over at Maddie to see if you were telling the truth, but of course she smiled as soon as she saw Demi turning her head. “Stop being so paranoid” she scolded.

You frowned, wanting to quickly prove that you were right so whatever problem Maddie had with you could be resolved. While Eddie was trying to get the DVD player to work, Demi and Maddie started talking, giving you the perfect opportunity to show Demi that you weren't just making things up.

You stopped her in the middle of a sentence, putting your hands on her shoulders and turning to face you. At first she was surprised when you kissed her, though she eventually relaxed and started to move her lips in sync with yours. You could see Maddie glaring at what she was witnessing and clenching her fists, and you knew she was getting more annoyed with every passing second.

“Can you stop? Demi and I were talking but like always, you had to have all of her attention” Maddie snapped. Demi pulled away from you at her sister's request, her eyes wide with shock. “Maddie, don't be so rude. What makes you think that Y/N has all of my attention?” Maddie didn't hesitate for even a second before replying, visibly annoyed by the smirk you were hiding behind your hands.

“We always used to hand out before you started dating her. All you do is spend every waking moment with her, but you always used to make time for me when you were dating other people. I don't get what's so special about her” she huffed. Eddie, Dianna, and Dallas had made their way out while she was ranting, not wanting to get caught up in the drama. You were slightly offended that Maddie didn't think of you as being special enough to spend time with Demi, but you had to remind yourself that despite how mature everyone claimed her to be, she was still only 12.

Demi looked sad at the realization that she had been ignoring her younger sister and giving you all of her attention, even if it wasn't on purpose. “I'm so sorry, I honestly didn't realize how you felt. But you can't blame Y/N for a mistake that I'm making. She's more special to me than anyone I've ever been with, that's why I love being with her. I promise I'll make an effort to spend more time with you.”

She looked at Maddie hopefully, sighing in relief when she accepted her apology and said sorry to you for the way she had acted. “Don't think you're completely innocent either, it wasn't nice of you to kiss me just to prove your point” Demi whispered as the rest of her family came back from wherever they had disappeared to. You shrugged, kissing her again with a smile. “I think I am, because if it wasn't for me doing it, she would still hate me and you would have no clue. You should actually be thanking me.” Demi rolled her eyes at your slightly obnoxious comment, but you knew that she was glad that everything was back to normal and everyone could finally be happy.