Missing Pt 6

You turned around as soon as you heard Ryan's voice, taking several deep breaths to calm yourself. If you started to panic then you wouldn't think straight, creating the possibility of putting yourself in harm's way. He was glaring at you with clenched fists, a huge contrast to the joking tone he had just used. You were tired of him and intended to prove that you weren't going to let him use you anymore.

“I'm actually just stopping by to visit. The place could use some cleaning, don't you think? I'd hire a maid if I were you.” You were quite proud of yourself for being able to sound so brave, especially since he was even more pissed off now that you were defying him. He had been expecting you to apologize for running away, so he was having trouble finding a response. “What's wrong? Cat got your tongue?” you taunted, discretely looking around for the quickest way to escape.

“Shut up. You came back because you can't survive without me. You couldn't even last 24 hours by yourself. You're pathetic.” You briefly closed your eyes and swallowed hard as he insulted you. He wasn't going to take away your pride, not again. You opened your eyes, glaring at him with all the anger you had built up. “If you're calling me pathetic then I can only imagine what you think of yourself. You kidnapped me because you can't accept the fact that someone like me would never be with someone like you. Did you really think that I would stop loving Demi for you? You know what you are? A loser. A pathetic loser, just like you were in high school.”

You ended your rant by lifting your hand and slapping him as hard as you could. Your palm stung from the force you put behind it, but you knew that his face probably hurt even more. While he was recovering from the slap you saw your golden opportunity to finally save yourself. His cellphone was sitting on the counter, completely within your reach.

In the blink of an eye you had it in your hands, dialing 9-1-1 before he even noticed that you had taken it. You almost sobbed out of relief when an operator answered because you had started to worry that the signal wasn't strong enough. You forced yourself to speak slowly so you wouldn't have to repeat anything. “What's the address?” you demanded, knowing that your call would be useless without a location being given.

He didn't answer, so you had to do some quick thinking. “If you tell me within the next 5 seconds I promise I won't press charges.” You watched him think over your offer before he decided to tell you. You relayed the information he had given you, but you needed to say something else so she would know how much danger you were in. “He's mentally unstable and unpredictable. Please, I need help.” Only when you ended the call did you realize the huge mistake you just made. It would be at least one hour until the cops came, and now Ryan was angrier than before.

Running away again would only make things worse, so you ran into the closest room and shut the door, his phone still in your hand. Unless he somehow managed to break down the thick wood door, he was no longer a danger to you. There was just one thing you needed to clarify. “By the way, you took 6 seconds to tell me the address. I hope you have fun in jail you fucking loser.”