Want You Back

“Demi?” you called out as you walked into the house. You got concerned when she didn't respond, because she was normally waiting for you. She had mentioned not feeling well before you left, so maybe she was in bed.

That thought in mind, you set your bag down before going upstairs. You tried to be as quiet as possible so you wouldn't wake her up if she was sleeping. When you got to the normally open bedroom door, you were surprised to find that it was shut. “That's weird” you muttered, quietly pushing it open.

“What the fuck?!” you shouted when you saw what was happening. Demi was laying on the bed with a guy you had never seen before making out with him, and they were both completely naked. Hearing your voice, Demi instantly jumped away from the guy. “Y/N, I can explain” she tried, starting to panic.

You rolled your eyes at her cliché excuse. “I'm pretty sure everything I saw when I walked in is all the explaining I need. Fuck you Demi.” You didn't even wait for her to reply before turning around and walking out. You were halfway to the front door when you heard her running towards you. 'Just keep going' you repeated over and over in your mind. If you turned around to look at her you knew you would break down. You didn't want her to see how hurt you really were.

You didn't cry until you got to your parents house. “What's wrong honey?” you mom worriedly asked when she saw the look on your face. “D-Demi, she...s-she.” You couldn't even talk without breaking down. Your mom didn't hesitate in pulling you close to her, holding you tightly while you let out all of your emotions.

She didn't let you go until you calmed down, keeping you at arms length and wiping away any leftover tears. “Tell me what happened” she prodded. “I came home and she was in bed with a guy” you croaked, your voice sore from crying. You would have said more but you honestly didn't have the energy. “I'm so sorry sweetie” she whispered while stroking your hair. “I'm just going to go lay down for a bit.” You waited for your mom to say okay, then you made your way up to your old bedroom.

It had been so long since you had been in this room, but it was still so comforting. Your bed was just as soft as you remembered it. Best of all though, there was nothing to remind you of Demi. You moved your face away from your pillow so you could check your phone. Sure enough, there were several missed calls and texts from Demi. You didn't read any of the messages as you didn't want to hear whatever pathetic excuses she had.

Just as you were about to put it on your nightstand, it buzzed again. You rolled your eyes when it showed Demi had tweeted something. For some reason you decided to see what she said. It was just a heart emoji with a question mark after it. “Fuck her” you said before putting away your phone. You wanted nothing to do with her. As you were falling asleep, you decided that for as long as you could, you wouldn't talk to her at all. She didn't deserve anything from you.

It had been 2 weeks since you walked in on Demi cheating. Or maybe 3, you weren't really counting. You had thrown yourself into your work, completely ignoring Demi's constant attempts to contact you. You weren't that mad anymore, just hurt and you still didn't understand why she did it.

When you got home from work it was only 5 pm, but you were still exhausted. You gave your dad a small greeting before going up to your room. You threw yourself onto your bed, only bothering to kick off your shoes. At times like this you couldn't help but miss Demi. Usually if she was at home when you finished working the two of you would cuddle and talk about how your days went.

You were about to get up for some water when you heard muffled voices outside your door. Not wanting to talk to either of your parents, you quickly flipped over and pretended to be asleep. Whoever it was quietly opened your door and softly shut it behind them. They sat on the side of your bed, and their scent surrounded you.

Demi.

“I know you're awake Y/N” she said gently. You had to force yourself from kissing and hugging her. She wasn't going to get your forgiveness that easily. “That doesn't mean I want to talk, especially to you of all people.” You wanted her to feel as guilty as possible, so your tone wasn't exactly kind.

“Please just hear me out. I'll leave after I'm done.” After she said that, you finally sat up to face her, but scooted as far away from her as possible.

Her face looked tired, like she hadn't slept at all. 'She deserves that' you reminded yourself before you could feel bad. “I'm listening.” She cleared her throat and smoothed her skirt nervously before talking. “Look, there's absolutely no excuse for what I did. I honestly have no idea why I did it. It was the first time though, I swear. Y/N..these past few weeks have been hell for me.” Before she could say more you cut her off.

“Hell for you? What about me? You cheated on me! But I guess I'm the stupid one since I still love you” you whispered the last part, trying hard to hold back tears. “You still love me?” she asked, sounding as if she was completely surprised by that. You nodded, not trusting your voice. “I know no amount of me saying sorry will change anything, but I truly am. I love you so fucking much and knowing that I hurt you has been tearing me apart. This whole thing made me realize that if my world doesn't include you, I don't want to live in it.”

You looked into her eyes trying to find out if she was telling the truth. “If I take you back we have so much to work on. I don't want to be rude, but I literally don't trust you at all anymore Demi.” She nodded quickly, grabbing your hand. “Anything Y/N. We can even go to couples counseling if you want.” You smirked at her, suddenly feeling a whole lot better. “Okay. But first we're going to buy a new bed.”