These Four Walls Pt 9

You weren’t in the right state of mind, but you could still feel the fury that was radiating from Demi. The drive back to the house was taking longer than you thought it would. A wave of nausea washed over you, so you looked around for a bad to use. “Stop the car” you said as clearly as you could when you weren’t able to find one. Demi refused, keeping her eyes on the road.

“Why? So you can walk back to the party? Yeah, I don’t think so.” The last thing you wanted was to vomit in the car, so you were desperate for her to stop driving. “Demi, pull the fucking car over or I’m going to throw up everywhere” you threatened, feeling sicker with every passing second. She sighed and pulled over, but instead of unlocking your door, she got out and walked around the car to your side. She yanked the door open, unbuckling your seatbelt and gripping onto your arm to pull you out.

She didn’t let go of you as you bent over, attempting to empty the contents of your stomach. All you accomplished was dry heaving for several minutes, not doing anything for your already throbbing headache. “What did you take?” Demi asked, still holding your arm. You had no idea, but you weren’t feeling so good anymore.

“I don’t know” you admitted. Demi sighed again, pushing you back into the car. She didn’t say anything else until she finally pulled into the driveway, turning in her seat to look at you. “You really fucked up this time. If you hadn’t taken pictures that someone posted online, who knows what would’ve happened. I doubt you even care, but I’m not sure it’s still worth it to try and help you.”

You care, just not right now. You reached for the door handle, cursing in frustration when Demi prevented you from getting out. “I said I’m not letting you out of my eyesight. If something happens to you then it’s on me, and I really don’t want to be held responsible for your stupidity.” She purposely took her time in letting you out, guiding you into the house by your arm.

Starting for the stairs, she stopped when you tried walking up the first few steps, laughing loudly at yourself when you failed and almost tripped. Demi didn’t find it funny, still glaring at you. “Seriously Y/N, what did that guy give you? You were almost sick a few minutes ago and now you’re smiling like it never happened.”

In your deluded mindset, it seemed like a good idea to try and joke around. “I know what he didn’t give me. I could actually feel him through his pants. It probably would’ve made his year to be with me, but you had to be a meanie and interrupt us.” Demi was so thrown off by your response that she gasped and stared at you in what was a mixture of shock and anger. She got over it quickly, dragging you to the living room and sitting you on the couch.

“Stay here. Sleep, stay awake, whatever. I’m going to sit right here and call your probation officer. You’ve left me with no other choice.” For now, her words held no meaning to you. You tossed and turned, stopping when you found a comfortable position. You were physically exhausted, but your mind was buzzing with too many random and unimportant things to be able to sleep.

You settled on looking at Demi, watching as she focused on her phone. She paused for a moments to think before resuming what she was doing, chewing on her bottom lip. “Demi?” you said, distracting her. “What?” she snapped, thinking that you were just going to annoy her.

“I want you.” She almost dropped her phone, fumbling for the right thing to say. “You’re only saying that because of the drugs and alcohol. I’m not taking advantage of you.” You shuffled onto your other side, facing the couch cushions instead of her. She was right, so why did it hurt so much?

You managed to fall asleep at some point during the night, waking up with a terrible headache. Demi hadn’t been lying when she said that she wasn’t taking her eyes off you. She was still sitting in the same spot, the only difference was that she had placed a glass of water and two pills on the coffee table for you. You eagerly took them, welcoming the cool water on your bone dry throat.

“We need to talk” she said once she noticed that you were awake. You somehow remembered everything that she had said last night, especially how she told you that it wasn’t worth it to help you and how she rejected you after you told her that you wanted her. She walked over to the couch you were on, moving your legs to make room for herself.

“I called your probation officer, and as soon as we get back you have to go see him. Y/N, you lied to me. I was mad at you for that, and I got even madder when I saw you with that guy. I said some things that I didn’t mean. I still want to help you, and you are worth it. But I need to ask you something and you have to be honest.”

You shrugged and waited for her to ask. She made sure to make eye contact with you before she did. “Are you happy?” She grabbed your hand to show you that it was okay to be honest with her, but you had no clue how to respond.

“I was until last night.” Demi nodded as if she was expecting that answer. “Don’t you see that every time you drink or get high how unhappy it makes you? You always end up crying, and it breaks my heart that you insist on doing this to yourself.” You didn’t respond because you knew she was right.

You wanted so badly to take getting better seriously, but it was just so hard. You wanted to enjoy the rest of this vacation, and Demi apparently thought the same thing. “Look, we’re just going to pretend that this never happened. You deserve to relax, and that’s what we’re going to do. We’ll deal with this when we get back home. Your brother is coming over later, and I think it’s time you start enjoying this vacation.”