And Baby Makes Three

“Demi, your staring is kinda creeping me out” you told her when you noticed her intently watching you feed your newborn son. She blushed but didn't look away. “Sorry. I just still can't believe he's finally here. He's so perfect.” She whispered the last part, gingerly brushing her fingers through his sparse hair. Watching her interact with him, you teared up for probably the millionth time since giving birth yesterday. Demi bent down and placed a sweet lingering kiss on his little head, filling you with joy. Demi had been perfect through the entire process, not even complaining no matter how hard you squeezed her hand or the numerous times you cursed at her for not being the one to carry.

Unfortunately, the sweet moment was rudely interrupted by Max barging in. “Hey, the car is ready. There's a few paparazzi but I already told them that I won't be tolerating any harassing comments today.” He had more to say but a glare from Demi shut him up. “I'll just wait outside” he muttered, smiling a little when he looked at your baby boy.

As per hospital protocol, a nurse came in with a wheelchair. You thought it was unnecessary but sat down anyway. Demi's publicity team thought it would be great for her image if she was the one holding your baby as you left the hospital, so you handed him to her. “Are you sure you're ready to leave?” she asked one last time.

“Positive. I'm exhausted and I just want to get back home.” Max offered to push you, but both you and Demi insisted that he be hands free in case any crazed fan or paparazzi tried anything. The nurse started pushing you out, with Demi right by your side and Max following close behind.

As soon as you made it outside, all the fans who had gathered simultaneously said “aww”. Demi smiled at them but glared at the few paparazzi. “I'd stop for pictures but as you guys can see my hands are full at the moment” Demi said to her fans. They nodded in understanding, just ecstatic beyond belief to see their idol holding a baby that for once belonged to her.

When you got to the car Max helped you in, but just as Demi was about to get in one of the paparazzi finally thought to ask the question everyone wanted answered. “Y/N! Demi! What's his name?” Demi stopped and turned around to face the small crowd. She smiled widely and made sure to talk loud enough for anyone recording to hear. “Everyone, meet Evan Trenton Lovato.”

Some of the Lovatics listening burst into happy tears hearing his name. They knew his first name was after your brother who had passed away a few months ago, and his middle name was after Demi's childhood friend who had taken his life many years ago. Demi smiled at everyone one last time before Max nudged her into the car. When Evan was safely in his car seat you gave the driver the okay to get going, glad you were finally going home.

Demi dismissed Max when you got home, telling him that he could come over later. Right now both of you just wanted some peace and quiet. She lead you to the couch and gently sat you down, careful not to hurt your sore body. You held your arms out for Evan and Demi handed him to you. Demi sat down close to you, pulling you against herself. “I don't think I've ever loved anything as much as I love him” she said, voice full of adoration. You gasped jokingly. “What about me?” She leaned in and kissed your cheek, knowing you were just joking. “I love you impossibly more for giving me this perfect little boy.”

You both had been slightly nervous while still at the hospital. Now that you were home though, everything felt right. It had been a rough 9 months, but so far it had been worth every single second. You knew what Demi meant when she said she's never loved anything so much. You felt the exact same way. “I love our little family so much” she whispered while stroking his cheek. You couldn't help but agree with her. Finally, everything was perfect.