Already Gone Pt 2

13 months. That's how long it had been since you had ended things with Demi. You had dated around, but nothing serious ever happened. From what you saw on the news and heard through friends Demi hadn't dated at all. She had been on tour for quite some time and recently she had announced that she would be going on a much needed break.

Actually, the only reason you were even thinking of Demi was because it it was Marissa's birthday and she was having a party. Just because you weren't with Demi anymore didn't mean you weren't still friends with the people she introduced you to.

You were a bit nervous about going to the party, since it was almost guaranteed that Demi would be there. You had no contact with her since the break-up, only hearing about her through mutual friends and gossip sites. The only reason you didn't feel bad about it was because she hadn't made any effort to contact you either, which was probably a good thing.

The hours went by quickly and you soon found yourself getting ready for the party. You paused to look at yourself in a mirror before leaving, laughing lightly to yourself when you realized exactly what you were wearing. A dark blue dress that had been Demi's favorite for you to wear. 'It's just because I like the dress too' you thought to yourself before driving to Marissa's house.

When you got to her house you didn't even bother knocking, because not only was the door not locked but it's not like anyone was even paying attention to the door anyway. You stopped and talked to a few people you knew before going to find the birthday girl. Finally finding her, you almost turned around and went back to talking to people.

Standing next to Marissa was, of course, Demi. Knowing that she would be here wasn't enough to prepare you for actually seeing her. You suddenly found yourself incredibly nervous. What would you say to her? You reminded yourself that the break-up had been on good terms, and that thought gave you the necessary courage to go up to her and Marissa.

“Happy Birthday Riss!” you greeted her with a hug. She thanked you after pulling away from the hug, and for some reason you didn't notice the mischievous glint that appeared in her eyes. If you had, you would've grabbed her arm to stop her, because what she decided to do next was uncalled for. “I have to go pick up some food. Oh hey why don't you talk to Demi for a bit?” Before you could even stop her, she was gone.

Demi smiled at you which caused a familiar fluttering in your chest. “Hey Y/N” she whispered. Why was she whispering? It's not like you were going to talk about something private. “H-hi Demi.” You cursed yourself for sounding so nervous. She's just Demi. You paid close attention to the way her eyes slowly swept over your body, smirking to herself when she saw your dress.

“You look really good” she commented. You couldn't quite figure out her tone. “Me? You look great!” you replied. She had shaved one side of her head and dyed the tips purple, your favorite color. Had you both subconsciously done something to impress the other?

After a few moments of silence, she was the first to speak. “You have no idea how much I've been missing you” she choked out. Your eyes snapped up to her face. You were taken aback by the sight of tears welling up in her eyes. “Demi...” you started, unsure of how to handle this. “Just let me explain Y/N” she interrupted. You shut your mouth so she could talk. “When we first broke up, I was fine with it. I had other things to focus on. What I'm about to say is really selfish. Every time I heard that you were seeing a new person I got so jealous. I wanted it to be me. It's selfish because even though we broke up, I didn't want you dating anyone else. I still don't want you dating anyone else. I'm still in love with you.” You chewed on your bottom lip while she spoke, listening to her every word.

A single tear rolled down her face as she finished talking. Almost instinctively your hand shot up to wipe it away. You didn't move your hand after though. You lightly stroked her cheek with your thumb, thinking about how to respond. Sure, you loved her too. But were you in love with her?

You knew you didn't have much time before Demi assumed you didn't return her feelings, so you had to think fast. When you were dating after the break-up it always ended because you weren't comfortable. Demi made you comfortable. Just because you couldn't see a future with her while you had been together didn't mean that things couldn't change. Especially now that she was taking a break.

You decided that the best way to respond was to show her. Before you could second guess yourself, you pressed your lips against her soft ones. She immediately kissed back, much to your pleasure. “If we're doing this again, don't you ever fucking leave me” she demanded once you broke apart. You shook your head, “I won't, not this time” you reassured her.

This time she was the one to lean in and kiss you, only to be interrupted by a loud squeal from behind you. You pulled away from her to see who it was. “I knew you two cuties would do this!” she giggled while clapping like an idiot. Demi rolled her eyes, reaching out to grab your hand. “We'll have to thank you later, right now we have to go and get reacquainted with each other.”