These Four Walls Pt 8

“How are you feeling today?” You groaned and pulled the blanket tighter around yourself, cracking one eye open to look at Demi. She was standing in the doorway wit an obnoxious smile on her face. “I’m fine. Just give me give more minutes and I’ll get up” you grumbled while rolling over to face away from her. It was much too early for any type of conversation. “Fine? Y/N, it’s almost 2 in the afternoon. You’ve been in bed since 9 last night.” Your eyes snapped open at this new information. Had you really been asleep for that long? You sat up and tossed away, bringing your legs to the side and standing up.

“That’s impossible. I set my alarm for 10 am” you muttered, grabbing your phone to see if Demi was telling the truth. You blinked in shock when you saw that she was right, wondering why you had slept so much. Normally you never missed the alarm and got up as soon as you heard it. You walked over to the suitcase you had brought up but had been too lazy to unpack, unzipping it to pull out some clothes. You almost started undressing, stopping when you noticed that Demi was still there. “Um, you can leave now” you said uncomfortably. “Oh. Right, sorry. I’m going to go buy some food and stuff; I’ll be back in a bit. Call me if you need anything.”

She scurried away before you could make any more comments, probably embarrassed that she had been staring at you. She had slept in the guest bedroom, claiming that if she shared the bed with you it would only lead to things that you would regret. There had been no point in arguing with her, so you had been forced to sleep alone. She was right, yet you couldn’t help but wonder if she would eventually regret coming here with you.

When you were dressed and cleaned up, you made your way downstairs and into the kitchen. You opened the fridge, but as you had expected, it was totally empty. Oh well, it’s not like you were hungry anyway. You wandered into the living room and stood in front of the bookshelf. There wasn’t much on it, just a few photo albums. You grabbed the one that was closest to you and pulled it off the shelf, walking over to the couch.

“What’re you looking at?” You glanced up, startled to see Demi. You didn’t realize how long you had been looking at the pictures. “Family photos. Do you need any help?” you asked when you noticed the bags she was carrying. “I’ve got it.” She walked to the kitchen so she could put away the groceries she had bought. “Do you want me to make you something?” she called out, knowing that you hadn’t eaten anything. You ignored her, too interested in the pictures.

You didn’t look up when she sat down, taking the plate of scrambled eggs that she offered you. “I’m surprised you didn’t burn down the house” you teased, stabbing at the eggs with a fork. You honestly weren’t hungry at all. In fact, you were feeling a little sick. You proceeded to eat the eggs anyway, not wanting Demi to worry about a nonexistent problem. She pulled the album from your lap while you ate, curiously flipping through the pages.

You finished eating and put the plate down, joining her in looking at the pictures. “You were such a cute kid. What happened?” she joked, earning a glare from you. She laughed and pecked your lips, pulling away before you got the chance to kiss back. She continued flipping through the pages, stopping at a picture of you and one of your brothers. “That’s Matt, right? Doesn’t he still live around here? We should invite him over for dinner before we have to go back.”

You looked at the picture she was pointing at, smiling at how young the two of you looked. “He lives about an hour from here, but I’m not sure he’d want to see me again. It’s been a year” you reminded her, shaking your head. “He probably misses you. You should call him later.” You knew you had no choice in the matter because Demi would make you call him whether or not you wanted to, which you didn’t.

Demi was still immersed in the pictures, but you were quickly getting tired of looking at them. They were making you miss the way your life had been before moving to California. If you had known how things would turn out, you never would’ve gone. You used to think that life here was so boring, but boring was better than how it was now. You pulled out your phone to see if anything interesting was happening, smiling to yourself when you saw a tweet that gave you an idea of what to do.

“Do you mind if I go visit a friend tonight?” You crossed your fingers, hoping that she would say that it’s okay. “That’s fine. Do you need me to drive you there?” It wasn’t a far walk, so you told her that it was unnecessary. She looked at you, trying to figure out if you were planning something that she didn’t know about. Of course you were, but you didn’t want her to ask any more questions about it.

You moved the album from her lap, setting down so you were straddling her instead. “Do you know how much I’ve missed you?” you asked while stroking her jaw line with your thumb. She leaned up but stopped just before her lips touched yours, caressing your thighs with her hands. “I will if you show me.”

She didn’t wait for you to make the next move, capturing her lips in yours. You let your eyes close so you could enjoy the feeling, though it was hard to do when you didn’t know how to define what you had with her. All you had been doing with her was kissing, and you knew that she wanted more than that. Would she leave once you gave it to her? The thought alone was terrifying, and you were unable to push it from your mind.

Her hands moved to your hips, squeezing lightly and encouraging you to grind on her. You did, moaning softly at the friction it caused. “We need to stop” you mumbled, pulling away from her. She pouted in complaint, wanting to keep going. You wanted to same, the only thing stopping you was the lingering thought that she would leave you if you continued. “You never used to be such a tease.”

It was a joke, one that had the opposite effect on you than it should’ve. You gave into her so easily, that’s why she wanted you. Moving away from her lap to the other end of the couch, you did your best to hide how much her joke had hurt you. “We can just watch a movie” you suggested. She agreed, standing up to go look through the DVD collection until she found one she wanted to watch.

“I need to get going, and I’m not sure what time I’ll be back” you announced, getting up from the table after eating dinner. “It’s dark out already. Are you sure you don’t want me to drive you?” she asked, giving you a worried look. “I’ll be fine Demi.” You turned your head so the kiss she had intended for your lips landed on your cheek, giving her a small smile before leaving.

The night air was cool making your walk enjoyable. Your destination wasn’t that far, and even though you had never been there before, you still knew exactly where it was. When you got to the house you walked right in, well experienced in crashing parties. Someone quickly handed you a cup with a strong smelling liquid, so it was clear that nobody cared that you had arrived uninvited.

It wasn’t long until people started recognizing you. You downed the entire contents of the cup before complying with the requests for pictures. “Don’t post those online” you called out after taking a few, your request falling on deaf ears. It was an unspoken rule with most Hollywood parties to never post pictures from them on social media, but things were different here.

You let everyone who wanted a picture take one, navigating your way through the house in search of another drink. “Looking for something?” You turned to see who had spoken to you, finding a guy about your age smirking at you. You started to ask where the kitchen was, but he raised a hand to stop you. “I know what you really want. Just follow me.”

There was no hesitation before you walked after him, ending up in a smoke filled room with a few other people. He walked over to the table and picked something up, coming back to you. “I don’t know what that is” you said as you eyed the strange substance he was holding. “Just try it, I promise you’ll like it.”

You liked it a lot. So much in fact, that you didn’t even care when half an hour later he was kissing you against a wall. The alcohol on his lips burned yours, although he probably felt the same as he had continuously been handing you drinks along with the still unknown substance. “My specialty” he had called it. His hands were up your top, groping blindly at your breasts. “Can I?” he panted, lowering his hand. You were able to respond, a familiar voice answering for you.

“No, you can’t. Get away from her before I call the cops and have every loser here arrested.” He jumped back and ran off, not even caring that it was Demi Lovato who had threatened him. You were glaring at her, mad that she had ruined your fun. “Every time I start thinking that you’re not a complete idiot, you manage to prove me wrong. We’re leaving right now” she snapped at you, grabbing your arm and dragging you out to the car. She shoved you in, taking care of the seatbelt for you. “Don’t even consider the possibility that I might ever let you out of my eyesight again.” She slammed the door shut, and you prepared yourself for the pissed off speech she was more than likely about to give you.