Behind the Scenes Pt 9

You wanted to be mad at Demi. It didn't make sense to you how she could just pretend that she hadn't kissed you. It definitely wasn't an accident, that much you knew. In the short amount of time that you had known her you quickly figured out that she rarely, if ever, made any mistakes, which is why you were so confused about the kiss. If she was just going to act like it didn't happen, then why do it in the first place? Whatever the reason, you weren't going to lose any sleep over it. You had the day off but still needed to go to the studio to discuss taking a short vacation. It had been a while since you had a break and you desperately needed one. Once you got there you went straight to your agent's office, not even bothering to knock as you walked straight in.

“Y/N? I thought you had the day off” he said, clearly surprised to see you. “I do, I just need to ask for a week off starting tomorrow and not counting today.” You crossed your fingers behind your back that he would say yes because he tended to be a firm believer in not taking any time off unless it was necessary. “A whole week? When was the last time you took a break?” Instead of waiting for you to answer, he pulled out a calender that had everyone’s vacation times.

“Let's see here...wow, you're one of the few who hasn't taken a vacation in over a year. Tell you what, you can have your week off. This is the first and last time I'll allow an impromptu vacation, so don't ever expect it to happen again.” His tone was strict but he was smiling, showing that he wasn't as annoyed as he wanted you to believe. You thanked him quickly and left his office, almost bumping into a cameraman on your way out.

“Sorry” you mumbled, stepping around him only to look up and see Demi. “What are you doing here? You should be at home getting rest” she said, sounding a little agitated that you were there. “Exactly, it's my day off so it doesn't really matter. You may have control over a lot of things, but you don't get to decide what I do with my personal days.” She seemed almost doubtful about your statement, making you stop in your tracks to look at her in disbelief. “Oh my god, you actually want to tell me what to do with my free time. Find me in a week and then we can talk.” You started to open your car door but she slammed it shut with one hand.

“A week? Where are you going?” she asked, and now she was definitely annoyed. You didn't really want to tell her, but at the same time she had every right to know. She crossed her arms and looked at you expectantly, waiting for you to tell her your plans. You sighed heavily, leaving against your car as she moved to stand in front of you. “I know I said that I don't miss them, but lately I've been spending a lot of time thinking about my parents, so tomorrow I'm driving to their place to spend a few days with them. Not the whole week, I just want to see them.” It wasn't an overly long drive, but you would still have to leave early in the morning if you wanted to get there by lunch.

“Road trip? Sounds fun. What time do we leave?” You weren't paying that much attention to her, at first completely missing the last thing she had said. “Probably around 6 so I don't hit any traff- wait, what do you mean by “we”?” She shrugged as if you should've been expecting it, which honestly shouldn’t have come as a surprise.

“I mean that if you're going to see your parents then I'm coming with you. Remember how I said that I needed to know everything about you? Well, that includes getting to know your parents. The only reason I never brought it up was because you said that you don't really talk to them, but now this is a perfect opportunity for both of us” she explained. You didn't ask her to elaborate on how it was a perfect opportunity, knowing that no matter what either of you said, she would still manage to convince you to let her tag along. “Fine, but you're paying for gas and doing all the explaining about who you are.”