Little Talks

“Go away” you muttered sleepily, moving your shoulder away from whoever it was that was shaking you. In your sleepy state you didn't realize that the only other person in the house was Demi, so you continued to ignore her trying to wake you up. Eventually you were awake enough to open your eyes and notice that her voice, which was repeating your name, sounded as if she was crying.

“Demi?” you asked, sitting up and rubbing the sleepiness from your eyes. When your eyes adjusted to the darkness, you could see that she had tears in her eyes. “What's wrong?” She shook her head, grabbing your hands and bringing them to her lips so she could kiss them.

“Please don't ever leave me” she said, almost begging. The scared look in her eyes broke your heart, so you pulled one of your hands free from hers to wipe away her tears. “Why would I ever do that?” you questioned softly, wanting to know what was going through her head.

“Because I'm busy all the time, and I'm about to go on tour so we'll see each other even less than we do now. You're so beautiful and I see all the guys-and girls- that flirt with you all the time. I'm scared that when I'm gone you'll get bored and let one of them give you the company that I can't. You won't though, right? You won't leave me for someone else?”

You couldn't hold back the small laugh that came out at her worries. You kissed her to show that the laugh had no ill-intent. “How can you worry about me leaving you? It's me that should be worried about you leaving me. I used to think that you would leave me because I was too boring for your busy and exciting celebrity life, ditching me for someone at your level. Notice how I said 'used to'?”

She nodded, waiting for you to further explain. “One day I realized that worrying about you leaving me was just plain stupid. I believe you every time you tell me and show me that you love me. Don't you know I feel the same way? I could never leave you, not for all the money and popularity in the world. Haven't you figured out that you're all I need? I don't even pay attention to anyone else that flirts with me. I think they're pathetic, trying to make me think that they're good for me, which is impossible because I already have the best.”

Demi was still crying at the end of your little speech, but now they were happy tears. “I know, you're right. I just hate that I have to be without you on tour, you know? It just sucks being away from you.” You nodded in agreement with her, because you also hated when she was on tour. “We've done it before though, haven't we? And when you come back we're always closer than before” you reminded her. She smiled and kissed your cheek then your lips, pulling away and snuggling closer to you. “When I come back we just might have to make it official-I want a ring on your finger to be an invisible barrier to anyone who thinks they can have you.”