Bad for Me

The sound of something repeatedly hitting your bedroom window was driving you insane. It was almost 3 am and you had to get up early for school, so all you wanted to do was sleep. You had been, at least until the tapping started around 20 minutes ago. At first you thought that maybe it was just some bugs bumping into it while flying, but as time went on it only became more persistent.

Having reached your wit's end, you threw the covers to the side and marched to the window, jerking the curtains open so you could see outside. It was completely dark out, save for several streetlights. The tapping had stopped but you couldn't find the source. Since your bedroom was on the second story, it eventually crossed your mind to look down.

When you did, you honestly weren't all that surprised to see your girlfriend, Demi. She looked up at you with a sheepish grin and waved, motioning for you to open the window. “What are you doing here?” you whisper-yelled as you slid it open. “I wanted to see my girlfriend, is that so bad?” You sighed, tossing down the rope ladder so she could get up. “It is when it's 3 in the morning and we have school in several hours” you informed her as she climbed up.

As she reached the top you took a few steps back so she could get it. She greeted you with a quick peck on the lips, then turned around so she could pull up the ladder and close your window. While she was doing that you crawled back into your bed and made yourself comfortable, making sure to leave room for her. “We both know I never go to class, so really there's no problem” she laughed while settling down next to you. “You're going to fail” you scolded, rolling over to face her.

“Great, then I won't have to graduate and we can be in the same grade.” Your heart twinged at her reminder that she was a year older than you and would be graduating at the end of the year. She hadn't talked about college, so you assumed she wasn't going, considering how much she hated school already. You didn't want to think about that though.

“If my parents knew you were here, they'd kill you” Demi laughed for a few seconds until she realized that you were probably serious. “Well I guess we shouldn't tell them then, right?” You smiled and shook your head, reaching over to intertwine your hands. “You smell like you've been smoking, so now my sheets smell like smoke. They'll find out even if I don't tell them.”

You loved Demi, you just hated her bad habits. She was the polar opposite of you. You didn't skip school, drink, smoke, or do anything else that she found entertaining. You didn't mind her tattoos, you actually found them really sexy. When you had introduced her to your parents, they nearly passed out. Demi of course didn't help the matter by laughing at their reaction. Naturally, they insisted that you break up with her, a request that you refused.

“What're you thinking about?” she mumbled against your ear, kissing just below it. “You and how you're such a bad influence” you replied, turning slightly so you could kiss her. You pouted when she instead pulled away, smirking at you. “Remember that time I convinced you to skip church so we cou-” You clapped your hand over her mouth, not letting her continue. “That was one time and it's never happening again” you said with a blush, remembering exactly what she was talking about.

“I'd love to see the look on their faces if they knew what their little girl was doing” she laughed, causing you to glare at her. Your anger didn't last long, because she pressed her lips against yours in a soft kiss. You held her face in your hands as she pulled you closer to her, deepening the kiss. “I love you,” you whispered between kisses, “even though you wake me up at ridiculous hours.” You felt her smile into the kiss, knowing that she loved it when you told her that you loved her. “I love you because you actually wake up for me” she pulled away for a moment, thinking about what else to say. “Not to mention gorgeous.”

You opened your mouth to reply to her compliment, but before you could, you heard a creak from your door. Demi heard it too, because her eyes snapped away from you to see what caused it. Your back was to the door, so you weren't able to see without turning over, and you couldn't since Demi had her arms around you.

“Please tell me that my door is closed” you said just loud enough for her to hear. She shook her head and pulled her arms away from you, sitting upright. You sat up as well, making sure to distance yourself from Demi. Luckily, the person at the door wasn't either of your parents, but that didn't make the situation any better.

“I'm telling mom” the annoying voice of your little brother rang through your room. You panicked, knowing how much trouble you would get in. “Bryan, wait. I'll literally do anything, just please don't tell her or dad” you begged. He was rather devious for a 6 year old, so you were prepared for him to come up with a ridiculous bargain.

Demi, however, had a different way of handling it. “Hey Bryan, what if I give you $100 so you can buy whatever you want?” You had to hold back a laugh as his eyes widened of the prospect of having that much money, since at 6 he thought $100 was all the money in the world. It didn't take him more than a minute to answer. “Okay” was all her said before turning around and going back to his room.

“You didn't have to do that” you said once he was gone. She just laughed and settled down, pulling you back down with her. “Yes I did, because then you would've been grounded for the rest of your life and you'd be sad, you know I hate seeing you sad.” You rolled your eyes, even though it was probably true. You kissed her once before snuggling into her, checking the clock as you did so. “There's no way I'm getting up on time for school” you muttered, seeing that it had already been two hours since you sneaked her in. “Who cares,” she replied while adjusting the covers, “spending the day with me is way better than going to school.” And you laughed, because even though you would get in trouble for skipping, she was definitely right.