Don't Blame Me

“Where are we going?” your daughter asked for what seemed like the millionth time. “Kelsey, I've been telling you this all day. We're going to go see mommy.” She nodded and skipped ahead of you into the venue where Demi was performing tonight, and you seriously hoped that she wouldn't ask you again. You followed her in and since everybody knew who you were, you were able to go backstage without anyone stopping you. “Hey Sugar. Where's Demi?” He smiled politely at you and Kelsey, pointing in the direction of Demi's dressing room.

It was a bit odd that he hadn't tried to talk to you or Kelsey because he was usually always up for a conversation. You discarded any worries that you had, he was probably in a rush and didn't have time to talk. You grabbed Kelsey's hand so she would stop running around, not wanting her to bump into anyone. When you reached Demi's dressing room you didn't bother knocking, which turned out to be a huge mistake.

You gasped at what you saw but Kelsey didn't think anything was wrong, shouting in excitement when she saw Demi and trying to run over to her. You held her hand even tighter so she couldn't, still in shock at what you were seeing. “Demi...what the fuck?!” you shouted, ignoring Kelsey as she scolded you for saying a bad word. Demi finally noticed you, panicking and shoving Wilmer away from her. She grabbed a black to cover herself up while Wilmer hastily tugged his pants back up, keeping his head down as he ran past you and out of the room.

“Y/N, what are you doing here? You said you weren't coming until the 19th” she said as if that would make the situation any better. “Fuck you Demi, it is the 19th.” Her eyes widened as she pulled out her phone to see if you were telling the truth, which of course you were. But the thing that bothered you most is that she was actually trying to defend herself. This was completely her fault.

“We'll just go home. Do you want me to tell Wilmer he can come back?” you said, feeling sick just saying his name. “No, let me explain myself” she begged. You rolled your eyes at her pathetic request, closing the door before she had the chance to get up. “What as mommy doing?” Kelsey asked curiously as you lead her back to the car. You didn't know how to explain to your 6 year old that Demi had been cheating on you with her ex. “She was doing some very bad things” was all you could say. Sugar stopped you on your way out, obviously knowing what had happened.

“I'll watch her. I really think you need to go talk to Demi” he said, offering you an apologetic smile. You sighed but let him take Kelsey anyway. “Listen to what Sugar says” you told her. You walked back to Demi's dressing room, this time knocking several times. “I'm busy” Demi called out, not knowing that it was you. “I know, that's why I knocked.” She quickly opened the door, her eyes now red from crying. You felt bad even though you were completely innocent in the matter.

“I don't know what happened. I told everyone to make sure that he didn't come backstage but I guess someone slipped up or he paid someone to let him in. I wish I could go back in time and stop everything from happened. Y/N, I'm so sorry that you had to see that.” While you were mad that she had cheated on you, you were even more upset that Kelsey had seen it. “What am I supposed to tell Kelsey? She doesn't even know what's going on.”

Demi sat down on the couch but you didn't join her, knowing that she had just been with Wilmer on it. “Why does she have to know? We can pretend like nothing happened” she said with a shrug. Her indifference annoyed you. “Demi, shut up and think about what you just said. There's no way in hell that I'm going to pretend like nothing happened. I saw Wilmer fucking you. I can't forget about that.”

Demi played with her fingers as she tried to think of something else to say. “I'm going home. When your tour is over next week you can find somewhere else to stay because you can't stay with me. Make sure to use a condom” you said, rolling your eyes at the shocked look on Demi's face as she heard your last sentence. “Y/N wait, just let me explain myself” she pleaded again. You shook your head, she already had one opportunity that she completely messed up. You went to go find Sugar so you could get Kelsey, putting on a brave face so she would think everything was okay.