Surprise

Wishing that the last few minutes of class would go by quickly, you tapped your foot in anticipation. It was your last class of the day and you wanted nothing more than to get out of the room and away from the professor's monotonous voice. The tapping of your foot was driving your friend insane, so she glared at you and you sheepishly smiled but stopped anyway. The last few minutes felt like hours, but finally the professor stopped talking and dismissed the class.

You rushed out of the room, stopping only to wait for your friend. “What's got you in such a hurry” she asked when she caught up to you. You shrugged, not wanting to tell her the real reason. “I just hate that class so much. I still don't know why I haven't dropped it” you laughed.

She shook her head while laughing, walking with you to the parking lot. It was a comfortable silence until she decided to ask a question. “Am I ever going to meet this girlfriend of yours that you never shut up about?” You pretended to ignore her question, opening the door so you could leave the building.

The sight outside was different than usual. Normally there would be a few people scattered about, but this time there was a large crowd surrounding someone you couldn't see. “What're they looking at?” you muttered while scanning the group to see what was so important that you were missing. You failed to see anything, but your friend apparently spotted something.

“Oh my God!” she screamed, grabbing your arm and forcing you to run with her to the crowd. “What is it?” you asked confused. She didn't answer at first, trying to shove her way through to the center. You put your hands on her shoulders, forcing her to look at you and answer. “Are you blind Y/N? It's Demi fucking Lovato!”

With your hands still on her shoulders, your eyes searched through the gathered people until you saw Demi. At the same time, she happened to glance over in your direction. When she made eye contact with you, she smiled happily and waved, making her way over to you.

“Did she just wave to you?! Do you know her?” Your friend was freaking out, slapping your arm repeatedly as Demi got closer. When she reached you, she pulled you into a hug. “I'd kiss you but I'm not such a big fan of PDA” she whispered in your ear.

You were speechless for a moment after she pulled away, but you quickly found your voice. “Demi, what are you doing here?” Everyone in the crowd seemed to have completely frozen just to watch Demi Lovato interact with a student at their school. Even though you and Demi had gone public several months ago, none of them seemed to recognize that you were her girlfriend. Some of them had started walking away though, realizing that she wasn't there for them.

She was about to answer but was cut off by your friend who had put two and two together. “Holy shit! You're Demi's girlfriend? How come I was unaware of this?” Everyone else who still remained had also caught on, much to your displeasure.

“Kiss!” they all shouted unanimously. Still not being used to so much attention, you blushed and started to get nervous. Demi just laughed, obviously not caring how much people cared about her love life. But since you weren't comfortable, she decided to distract them by signing autographs and taking pictures with all of them. Once everyone was happy and had gone their own ways, you made sure nobody was watching and pulled her in for a kiss.

“What was that for?” she asked when you pulled away. “Because you're cute when you meet fans.” She smirked, walking with you to her car. “Is that so? Maybe I should walk around and pretend like I'm lost.” She was joking and you knew it, but you still held her hand a little tighter. “Nope, not happening. I'm not interested in sharing your attention anymore” you said with a smile so she would know you weren't really upset. She giggled and kissed you quickly, licking her lips. “Let's go back to my place so I can show you why I decided to pick you up.”