These Four Walls Pt 6

“Y/N, we need you on set in 5 minutes!” Your unsteady eyes shot to the door, pleading that whoever it was wouldn't come in. “I thought we were done for the day?” you shouted back. You heard the person outside laugh a little before responding. “It's just one more scene that needs to be re-shot. Hurry up, it won't take that long.”

You listened carefully as the person walked away, running your fingers through your hair feeling stressed. “Shit” you muttered as you stood on unstable feet. Had you known they were going to re-do a scene, you would not have just spent the last half hour getting high out of your mind. You rubbed at your nose in hopes of clearing any residue, but there was nothing you could do to hide how wide your pupils were.

You managed the short walk to the set without making a complete fool of yourself. Before you could go any farther you were blocked by the director. “Please tell me you just in a dark room and that's why your pupils are dilated” he said disappointed. What he said wasn't funny, but you couldn't help but break into a huge grin and giggle.

Your response was incomprehensible, but it was enough for him to grab you by your shoulders and take you to his office. “Wait here,” he commanded while sitting you down, “I'm calling someone to come get you.” You ignored what he was saying, completely mesmerized by the lava lamp on his desk. You were staring at it for who knows how long when you heard the door opened and someone walked in.

You knew it was Demi without even looking. She sat down next to you and didn't say anything, wanting you to be the first one to talk. It was sort of stupid, since nothing you could say now would change anything. You settled on the two simplest words you could think of.

“I'm sorry.” You weren't quite sure you actually were, but it seemed like a good thing to say. Isn't that what people said in the movies? “Why did you do it?” Her tone wasn't accusing, and that made you feel slightly better. For once you finally decided to tell the truth.

“Because I felt like I was going to die if I didn't” you admitted. It was true. You had gone without it for 3 days but today was just too much. You had been on edge all day and it literally felt like you were going to die. Demi grabbed your hand and brushed her thumb over your knuckles. “You could have called me you know” she said gently.

You shook your head at her, she didn't understand. “No I couldn't have. You weren't even on my mind at all.” You cringed when you realized how rude you sounded. Luckily, Demi seemed to understand. “Let's just get you home and then we can talk later.”

She pulled you to your feet, holding back a laugh when you almost stumbled over. You didn't bother holding it back, you just burst into peals of laughter. Demi had to guide you to her car and you were still laughing as she sat you in the passenger seat. She got in her seat, smiling a little at your laughter.

There was a ton of traffic on the way to your house, and you could feel your high dying down with every passing minute. You hated this part. It was ludicrous how quickly your mood changed. You could already feel a bad headache coming on.

“Are you feeling okay?” Demi asked when she noticed the change in your demeanor. “What the fuck do you think Demi? We've been sitting in this damn car for hours!” You sounded whiny but you didn't care. “Just relax and try to take a nap. Do you want the radio on or off?” You glared at her, she should already know the answer to that. “If looks could kill...” she mumbled while shutting off the radio.

You ignored her comment and closed your eyes, trying to get rid of the headache. You brought your hands up to your head so you could massage your temples, hoping it would help. “I hate this so much” you whispered. Demi didn't respond right away, so you thought she didn't hear it. You could hear her tapping on the steering wheel with her fingers.

“Hate what?” she finally asked. You were about to reply but saw that she was pulling into your driveway, so you didn't see the need. “Never mind. Thanks for the ride.” You slammed the car door shut and started walking to the front door, thinking she was just going to leave. You had just put your hand on the doorknob when you heard her get out of the car.

“Y/N, you can't just say something like that and expect me to ignore it. I'm coming in and we're going to talk, for real. I don't care how shitty you feel.” You walked through the doorway and tried to shut the door behind you, but she was right on your heels. You felt anger, only it wasn't directed towards Demi. You were just mad at yourself for not being able to control your addiction.

You sat on the couch, grabbing a pillow and burying your face in it. Demi sat down right next to you and started rubbing your back. “Please tell me what it is that you hate.” You thought for a moment before you started explaining what you meant, your voice muffled by the pillow.

“Everything. I know I messed up but my parents are treating me like a fucking little kid. I hate not being able to drive anymore. I hate those stupid meetings that I have to go to. I'm so tired of all of this.” Demi's hand stopped moving, probably surprised by how honest you were being. You weren't done talking yet though.

“I'm so done with this stupid show. I hate it. I just want to go some place where nobody knows me and there's nothing that stresses me out. Because right now I feel like I'm being pressured to do so much and I can't take it anymore.” Demi pulled the pillow away from you and shifted so you were laying with your head on her lap, looking up at her.

“I want to take you there. Where do you want to go?” You didn't actually know, you just wanted to go away. So instead of answering, you pulled her down to kiss you. “I don't care” you mumbled between kisses. “I just want you there.”