Behind the Scenes Pt 10

As expected, Demi showed up at your door bright and early the next morning. “Give me your keys, I don't want us to get into an accident because you're still half asleep” she demanded. You handed them over without complaint, having planned on asking her to drive anyway. You gave her your parent's address so she could put it into the GPS. “I'll wake you up when we get there” she said, knowing that you would probably sleep the entire drive.

She was only half right. The music she was playing was so loud that it kept disrupting you from your sleep, so you decided to just stop trying. “You're such a bitch” you whined when you saw that she was smirking at the fact that you could no longer sleep. She apologized, but she didn't sound sorry at all. You were only a few minutes away from your parents house, so you couldn't bring yourself to be mad at her.

“You're going to tell them that you're just a friend, right?” you asked as she pulled up to their house. She shrugged, getting out and following you to the front door. You were pretty sure you heard her mumble “something like that”, slightly worrying you. As soon as the door opened your mom pulled you into a hug, not having seen you in quite some time. “Mom, this is Demi” you said when you managed to pull away. That wasn't a good enough introduction for Demi, because there was one more thing she thought was missing. “Her girlfriend” she added.

You blinked in surprise, ready to laugh and say that she was joking, but it was too late. Your mom happily accepted the news and pulled Demi into an even tighter hug than she had given you. “Come in! You know, you must be pretty special because Y/N had never introduced us to anyone that she's ever dated.” Demi held back a laugh while you glared at her, annoyed that your mom had actually believed her.

In the living room you were greeted by your dad who was watching TV. He got up and pulled you and Demi into a hug at the same time, squeezing a lot harder than your mom had. “Did I hear that the two of you are dating? How long have you been together?” Demi was quick to give him an answer, so you figured that she had probably spent all night thinking of the specifics. “Exactly 8 months next Thursday” she announced proudly.

Your mom soon joined you, bringing some drinks and a tray of snacks. “It's good that you're together because the guest bedroom is currently a mess. You'll have to share a bed if that's alright, but I'm sure there won't be any problems.” You inwardly groaned while Demi nodded happily. The major problem was that other than having sex with her, you hadn't actually slept together. You always left right after in order to avoid the conversation about how sharing a bed always makes things more intimate.

However, if this is what Demi wanted to do, then it would be easier for you to play along. You leaned over to her since she was sitting on the other end of the couch, your lips brushing against her ear as you spoke. “If we're together then we should probably act like it, don't you think?” Her face placed as you whispered to her, and this time it was you who had to hold back a laugh. She clearly had no idea how to be in an actual relationship and you intended on enjoying every second of watching her struggle. Finally, after trying for what seemed like forever, you had found her weakness.

“Where did you meet?” your mom asked, curious to know more about your relationship. “Oh, it's a pretty funny story. What happened was we did a film together and I guess Y/N just couldn't get enough” Demi said with a small laugh. You were mortified, looking to your parents to see their reactions. They both chuckled nervously, not knowing how to respond. You needed to make an excuse, and fast.

“I think what Demi is trying to say is that we met on set and just had a special connection that we couldn't ignore no matter how hard we tried. She likes telling her version of events.” The conversation quickly changed to less uncomfortable topics, and you weren't really surprised that Demi was talking more than you. “Babe, we should probably put our stuff in the bedroom before dinner” she said while getting up. After a moment of consideration she extended her hand to you in an attempt to make the relationship look authentic.

It was so weird holding her hand that you almost pulled back at the contact, but that would look suspicious so you forced yourself to keep holding on. “You're just like them” she said once you got the the bedroom. “What do you mean?” you asked, though you already had a feeling that you knew what she was going to say. “I've been trying so hard to make them uncomfortable enough to say something, but they just let everything slide.”

Well, that wasn't exactly what you thought she would say but it was close enough. “So if I'm like my parents, are you like yours?” She smirked at you and nodded. “I'm exactly like them. They taught me that if I want something then I need to take it and make it mine, just like what I'm doing with you.” The way she said it suddenly made you very nervous to share a bed with her, and you also had to wonder if she was daring enough to do anything with your parents in the same house.