Missing Pt 4

Ryan glared at you as you got closer to his car. You wanted to turn around and run back into the store but something told you to keep walking. “Why did you take so long?” he asked harshly when you finally got in. You hadn't realized how long you had been in the store, so you needed to quickly come up with a lie. “The cashier was having trouble counting the change” you mumbled.

He looked at you suspiciously but didn't ask any more questions. Honestly, you weren't surprised at how easily you were able to lie. In the first few months of dating Demi she was so scared of what the public would think that she insisted on keeping things on the down-low. In face, it was only recently that she decided to come out.

“What do you mean when you say that Demi doesn't deserve me? You've said that she doesn't love me but you don't have any proof of that.” You anxiously fiddled with the strap of your seat belt, fidgeting uncomfortably. He may be crazy but he must have a reason for his claim. He kept his eyes on the road, completely ignoring you. Maybe you should've just stayed in the store because you doubted that he would do anything to hurt you if there were multiple witnesses.

You looked into the side-view mirror, dread and regret filling you when you saw that the gas station was nothing more than a slowly fading speck. You definitely should've stayed. Why were you making so many bad decisions? It started with leaving your phone on the bus and it seemed as though you hadn't made a good decision since then. Not only that, but it had only been one day and you were already having irrational thoughts. Under no other circumstance would you have believed anyone if they told you that Demi didn't love or deserve you.

“Are you just going to keep driving until you run out of gas or do you actually know where you're going? Because we've been on the road for like 2 hours, and you're not even using any kind of navigation. “We'll get there when we get there” he said. You hated long drives when you had nothing to do, so you quickly became bored with just sitting still.

“Can you turn on the radio? The silence is driving me insane.” You considered adding a “please” but decided that he didn't deserve one. “We're almost there.” Clearly you weren't going to get your way, so you looked out the window to try and figure out where he was taking you. All you could see was trees and a long dirt road. You had been so immersed in your thoughts that you hadn't even noticed him leaving the main road.

There was only one advantage to this situation. You had seen enough crime shows with Demi to know that tire tracks could easily be identified on dirt. Too bad you never payed that much attention or you would probably know how to save yourself. If the cashier had called the cops quickly like you had asked, then they couldn't be too far behind. At least that's what you hoped, otherwise they would never find you.

You shivered when he stopped in front of a cabin that looked like it had been abandoned for several years. “No way. I'm not going in there.” The place looked creepy on the outside, and you cringed when you imagined what the inside must be like. Ryan rolled his eyes, opening the door for you and grabbing your arm to pull you out. “Yes you are. Welcome to your new home.”

New home? As if. He closed the door and turned the lock but you didn't hear it click. “You can only get out if you have these keys, so if I were you I wouldn't even bother trying.” That wouldn't be a problem for you. He held said keys up so you could see them, putting them into his pocket with a smirk. “I'll go clean up our bedroom; come join me in a few minutes. Feel free to look around.”

That's exactly what you were going to do, just not in the way that he intended. The second he disappeared into the bedroom you put your hand on the door handle and shut your eyes, praying to whoever might be listening that it would open. You didn't celebrate when it did, shitting it quietly behind you and running straight for the trees. You had no idea where you were going, but anywhere was better than that creepy cabin.