Second Best- Final

“Are you sure I should post it now?” Demi asked nervously. “Demi, it's practically been a year since you've tweeted. I'm sure everyone misses you.” She shrugged and looked away as though she didn't believe you. “They didn't seem to miss me so much when they stopped being my fans...” You sighed sympathetically, gently rubbing her arm. “They never stopped being fans, they just didn't support what you were doing. But you're better now, right?” You waited for her to nod before continuing. “So then post the picture to prove to them that you've changed. And if they don't follow you again than that's their loss, because they'll miss out on more pictures of her.”

She smiled softly then quickly tweeted the picture before she could change her mind. You wouldn't admit it, but you were really nervous too. You gave birth to a beautiful baby girl almost 3 months ago and besides your family and close friends, no one had seen her. Demi's counselor and publicist had thought it would be a great idea if Demi tweeted a picture of the three of you, because it would help get people back on her side. You had quickly agreed, even though Demi hadn't been so sure.

She turned her phone off and dropped it on the coffee table. “Why'd you do that?” you asked curiously. “I'm kind of anxious to see what everyone says” she admitted sheepishly. “It's gonna be fine Demi. Here, you should hold her” you said. Demi chewed on her lip and seemed hesitant. “Are you sure?” You stopped yourself from rolling your eyes, of course it was fine. Demi had always been scared of holding her for some reason you didn't understand. “Remember how you said you wanted her to be happy? Well, she can't be unless her other mommy holds her.”

“Hey Lily...” Demi whispered almost inaudibly, stroking her cheek gently. You watched with a large grin as Demi held her. It had taken months of intense counseling to get Demi out of her rough patch, but she had honestly come so far and you were really proud of her. Of course there had been some really difficult times when she felt like quitting and several near break-ups, but it was worth it in the end. She never did tell you what the problem had been, so you just assumed it was a mental demon she had to conquer.

“Do you want to check now?” you asked. “Check what?” You giggled a little at how she was trying to pretend she didn't know what you meant. “Your Twitter dummy.” She grabbed her phone and turned it back on, but then she handed it to you. “You do it, I'm still freaking out.” Once you had the phone she looked away, completely entranced by Lily.

You looked at her Twitter page with partially closed eyes, not sure what you would see. When the page finally loaded you let out a large sigh of relief. Demi had her hand blocking her face so she couldn't see your reaction, that's how nervous she was. “Demi, they're starting to follow you again!” She moved her hand away and looked at you in disbelief. “Really? You're being serious?”

You smiled and handed the phone to her. To your surprise, she looked at it for about a minute and then started crying. That definitely wasn't the reaction you were expecting. “What's wrong?” you asked, taking the phone away from her. “Nothing,” she replied while laughing a little, “I just honestly thought they would always hate me.” You smiled and kissed away her tears. “Tell me what you're thinking” you whispered in her ear. She looked down at Lily, kissing the top of her head then looking back at you. “I'm thinking, that you and this little girl are definitely the best things in my life.”