Our Love

Was it really so wrong for a celebrity to date a fan? According to the media it was. In almost every magazine you read there was a story about how you were using Demi for fame or she was using you so she would look more down-to-Earth. During interviews she was always be asked for the real reason she was dating you. She would roll her eyes and politely ask the interviewer to ask another question. You couldn't take it anymore.

“I think we should take a break” you randomly said one day during dinner. Demi almost dropped her fork in surprise, biting her lip as she tried to find the right words to say. “Take a break? You mean like a vacation?” It would've been a better idea to just come right out and say that you wanted to breakup, because now you had to explain that you didn't mean a vacation.

“No, that's not what I meant. I want to breakup. I can't do this” you said pushing the food around on your plate. Demi was still staring at you blankly, making you squirm under her gaze. “Can't do what?” You clenched and unclenched your fists, frustrated that she was acting like she had no idea what you were talking about.

“Us, Demi! I'm so fed up with the way everyone thinks they know so much about our relationship. Sometimes I feel like what they say is the truth and I don't belong with you. I thought I was prepared for endless speculation from the media, but it's more than I can take” you explained, guiltily avoiding making eye contract with Demi.

You felt as though you had somehow let her down. She spend so long trying to convince you that nothing anyone said mattered, and for a while you were able to believe her. But lately everyone was picking you apart, coming up with new reasons why you and Demi shouldn't be dating. You had a feeling that the longer you were with her, the worse it would get.

“I can't stop you from leaving if that's what you really want” she said while smoothing out the table cloth. She was doing it to keep herself from crying, because as long as her hands were busy she would be able to hold back her tears. “I already packed most of my stuff. I guess I should probably leave now that I've made things awkward.” Demi nodded and stood up to follow you to the bedroom, not caring that the food would get cold.

She frowned when she saw that you had actually packed up all of your belongs. “Can you help me take these boxes to my car?” You handed her a few small boxes, but instead of following you outside, she just stayed standing in her spot. “There's something I need to tell you before you go” she said nervously. You stopped at the top of the stairs and turned around to look at her so she could say whatever was on her mind.

“I don't think it matters anymore but I need you to know that I love you. I fucking love you” she said, looking directly into your eyes. Despite the fact that you were living together, neither of you had ever admitted to loving the other. It was actually one of the reasons why you found it so easy to announce that you were leaving.

She had just made your decision much harder to go through with. “I love you too Demi” you whispered, setting your boxes down so you wouldn't drop them due to your shaking hands. She imitated your actions and walked over to you, taking your hand in hers. “Isn't love worth fighting for? Don't give up on us when we're just getting started.” She was right, the love that you shared with her could get through anything.