So Wrong Pt 5

Several long months had passed since you had somewhat ended things with Demi, choosing to fix things with Amanda instead of staying with Demi and not knowing if Amanda would get over it. You hadn't seen Demi since then, always inviting Amanda to come over instead of going over to her house. You hadn't move on, still thinking about Demi every day and wondering if she would ever give you another chance. You would be seeing her tonight because there was no way that Amanda was going to let you get out of going to her graduation party. It was only fair since she had gone to yours.

“Are you going to be weird?” she asked as drove to her place. You knew what she meant but asked for clarification anyway. “Like around my mom. She's going to be there and I don't want the two of you to make things awkward. I already warned her that you're coming” she explained. “I plan on staying as far away from her as possible” you said, making Amanda sigh in relief. You didn't know how true to your word you would be. Was it even possible to stay away from Demi? The only reason you had been able to do it lately was because you had other things to concentrate on, but just three days ago you had graduated from high school and until your college classes started in the fall, you were free to do as you pleased.

You were nervous as you followed her into the house, quickly moving your eyes around as you looked for Demi. Your heart rate sped up when you heard her voice, finally seeing her for the first time in a long time. Amanda cleared her throat when she noticed you and Demi staring at each other, already feeling uncomfortable. “We'll just be getting things ready” she told her mom, grabbing your arm and dragging you to the backyard. “You said you wouldn't made things weird” she accused, crossing her arms to glare at you. “Sorry. Well not really, she could've just ignored me. It's not my fault that she decided to make eye contact with me.” Amanda rolled her eyes, moving away from you to start blowing up some balloons. “This clearly isn't going to end in a way that makes me happy. Honestly, if you're happy then I'm happy.” She left it at then, leaving you to decipher what she meant.

Only when other guests started arriving did you wander off to go find Demi. She was upstairs in her room, probably trying to avoid you as best as she could. “You shouldn’t be here” she warned when you walked into her room, making sure to shut the door behind you. “I want to be here. I still haven't gotten over the way things ended between u-” Demi stopped you from continuing, holding her hand up. “So you're here to do it in a way that makes you happy. Y/N, it's fine. I knew from the beginning that things would never work out between us. You don't have to try and make me feel better.”

That wasn't what you were trying to do. You wanted to let her know that things were different know and if she wanted it, then you could make the relationship work this time. “I'm not here to make you feel better. I'm not here to make myself feel better either. I just think that you and I have something special, and I can't find that with anyone else. You probably hate me for wasting your time” you finished off in a mumble.

“I don't hate you at all. I want you to go out and live your life the way it should be lived. Just because you're not in high school anymore doesn't mean people will accept us. You can find something special with someone else, I promise. It won't be like what we had because it'll be a different type of special. We can't do this Y/N, I don't want to hold you back” she explained, but you could tell that it pained her to say it. You weren't going to take no for an answer, you got her once and you could get her again.

“That's just it, I don't want to find somebody else. Haven't you realized that I don't care what anyone else thinks? And trust me, you wouldn't be holding me back from anything. I can still go to college because I picked a local school, and I had a job even when we were together. The only thing you're holding me back from is being happy.” Your last statement was kind of lame but it seemed like the right thing to say. She still needed more convincing though. “Amanda doesn't care anymore. If she did then she wouldn't have let me come in the first place. And for what it's worth I miss you so fucking much.” Demi stood up and walked over to the door, and for a moment you thought she was going to open it and tell you to leave. Instead she locked it, turning to look at you with a cross between a smile and a smirk. “Show me how much you miss me” she said, a challenge you were more than happy to take on. This time around you had no intentions of letting anyone come between you and Demi.