These Four Walls Pt 11

“I don't want to go back” you groaned, lazily tossing clothes into your suitcase. Demi laughed, packing her clothes in a manner much neater than yours. “Two weeks is already pushing it and we both have a ton of shit to do as soon as we get back.” She was right, but that didn't make you any happier. You weren't joking about wanting to stay here. In California you would lose all the peace that you had found here. The first few days might've been rough but you quickly fell back into the way life used to be. Going back was something you definitely didn't want to do.

Regardless of how you were feeling, you still put on a smile as you zipped up your suitcase. “I think that's all of my stuff. We have to be at the airport in like 20 minutes so you should probably hurry up” you said, eying Demi who was just about finished. She glared at you playfully, quickly packing away the rest of her clothes. After doing one last check to make sure nothing would be left behind, you followed her out to the car and put your bags in the trunk. “Wait, we won't be able to do this for a while” she said, pressing her lips against yours. You smiled into the kiss, just the fact that she was yours making the day so much better.

It was pretty early in the morning so the airport was rather crowded, and as much as you wanted to hold Demi's hand you knew that you couldn't. Several people had already recognized you and Demi. She was quick to reject everyone who asked for a picture, saying that now wasn't really a good time. “I really hate saying no to them” you said, feeling bad after one fan took it particularly hard. Demi wasn't as concerned as you were, looking at them with a shrug and hurrying you to the gate. “They won't bother us if we look like we're busy. Take out your phone and pretend to be talking to someone.”

You did as she asked, feeling like an idiot for talking to yourself. She was right though because anyone that noticed you quickly walked away when they saw that you were on the phone. “Why did you wait so long to tell me that? I usually take pictures with everyone” you complained with a smile. “I know you do, that's how I found you at that party.” Leave it to Demi to take all the fun out of something. “Sorry, I don't know why I said that” she mumbled, more to herself than you. “Because it's true” you said, pulling your phone away from your ear so you could text your parents that you were at the airport and waiting to get on the plane.

She didn't make any attempt to talk until you were on the plane, knowing that you would've ignored her anyway. “When we land you have to go straight to your probation officer's office. I'm sure he won't be too mad since you've managed to pull yourself together somewhat.” You replied by nodding, still upset about her earlier comment. You continued to ignore her for the rest of the flight, because if you said anything to her it would probably be rude and hurt her feelings. Just because she had hurt yours didn't mean you had to do the same to her.

When the plane landed and you go off, she quickly said goodbye so none of the paparazzi or fans would suspect anything was going on between you and her. Your phone buzzed as you walked out to the car waiting for you, and when you opened the message you saw that it was from Demi. She was apologizing and saying that she loved you, making you realize that it was immature to continue ignoring her. You replied that you weren't mad anymore and that you loved her more, smiling as you sent the text.

Your driver greeted you with quick nod of his head, most likely staying quiet because he was mad that the first place he was taking you was to go see your probation officer. “Stop messing up” was all he said as he parked to let you out, grabbing one of his many magazines to read while he waited. You walked into the office building, being waved in the proper direction by the receptionist. After knocking once on the door that had your probation officer's name on it you were let in, surprised to see that he didn't seem mad at all.

“I have other things to do so I'm going to make this quick. Most people screw up at least once, but since I like you I'm going to let this slide. As long as you don't let it happen again we won't have any problems.” You nodded happily, failing to contain your smile. His smile was much smaller than yours as he motioned that it was okay for you to leave, which you did so feeling much better. Unfortunately, your parents weren't as dismissive as he was.

You almost turned around when you walked into your house and saw the stern looks on their faces, but since you didn't have anywhere to go you had no choice but to stay and listen to them. “Y/N, you had us so worried. If you don't listen to Demi when she says that you need to stop, then who will you listen to?” You couldn't tell if it was rhetorical question or not so you just stayed quiet. “Obviously you've already faced the consequences, so we won't talk about it anymore. You can go to your room, you're probably tired.” You weren't tired at all but you still went to your room, already calling Demi as you settled down on your bed. “Is everything okay?” she asked as soon as she answered, thinking that you would only call her if something was wrong.

“Everything's actually fine. I'm not in any trouble as long as it doesn't happen again” you said, biting your lip while waiting for for her response. “It's not going to happen again, right? You need to call me whenever go get the urge, no matter what time it is or what I'm doing I'll drop everything. Okay?” You nodded until you realized that she couldn't see you, blushing and mumbling a quick confirmation that you understood. “I have to go to a meeting but I'll call you later tonight. Maybe your parents will let you come over for dinner, and if they won't I'll convince them to let me come over. I'm pretty sure they like me enough to let me come over” she said with a laugh, and just hearing it made you smile. “I'll try talking to them. I love you.” You hung up after she said it back, putting your phone down and closing your eyes for just a second before quickly opening them again, panicking when you saw your mom standing in the doorway. “Did I hear you end a phone call by saying “I love you”? Y/N, who were you talking to?”