Missing Pt 3

The hotel room was small but you still managed to put as much distance between you and Ryan as possible. He was sitting on the bed with his head in his hands, mumbling words that you couldn't hear. Your body was sore and you wanted nothing more than to make a run for it, but that would mean somehow getting past him and moving the furniture away from the door. “I hate you” you said for what seemed like the hundredth time, and you expected him to ignore you just like he had done previously.

You panicked when he stood up and started walking over to you, grabbing the phone from the nightstand. “I think it's time to mess around with your girlfriend, don't you?” he asked, crouching down in front of you. He dialed a number that you instantly recognized as Demi's, and for a moment you wondered why he was using the hotel phone. Didn't he know how easily it could be tracked? You didn't say anything, hoping that it might be your one saving grace.

She answered on the last ring, and you could tell from how her voice cracked that she probably hadn't gotten any sleep. “Dem-” you blurted, cut off by Ryan slapping his hand over your mouth. “Let me do all the talking” he hissed. “Y/N? Where are you? Are you okay?” Her voice was shaking as she spoke, making tears fall from your eyes. If you hadn't been stupid enough to leave your phone on the bus than you probably wouldn't be in this situation, so it was your fault that she was so worried.

“Hey Demi, did you know that your security team will let just about anyone on your bus? You should be more careful about that; people might get hurt” he said while snickering. There was a moment of silence as Demi tried to figure out whose voice she was hearing. “Who is this?” she asked timidly, almost as if she was afraid of what the answer might be.

“Don't pretend like you don't already know. I guess I'll still introduce myself though. I'm Ryan, an old friend of Y/N's.” You tried pushing his hand away so you could talk to Demi, but he was too strong. The line was quiet on Demi's end and you started to worry that she had hung up. You knew she would never do that, but you were still relieved when you heard her voice again.

“Is she okay?” Ryan laughed as if she had just told a hysterical joke, and it occurred to you that it might seem that way to him. “Don't worry, she's perfectly fine. Especially after last night.” He ended the call before Demi could say anything else, roughly pulling you up by your arm. “We need to leave. Hurry up.”

Well, there goes your hope that he wouldn’t realize that the phone could be tracked. It was useless if he was just going to take you somewhere else. You kept quiet when he pushed you into the backseat. What was the point? After last night you didn't have any fight left, and that was only the first night. It was impossible to say how long he would keep you or if you would ever be saved, and right now it was just easier to have no expectations at all.

“You look so glum” he said, faking sympathy. “I just want to go home” you whispered quietly enough that he couldn't hear. He stopped at a gas station to fill up, and you watched as he debated with himself over if he should go in to buy some stuff or if he should stay and keep an eye on you. He ultimately ended up deciding that you should go into the store for him. You jumped at the opportunity, knowing that this might be your last chance to get help.

You took the cash that he handed to you, quickly grabbing the snacks he had asked for. You put them down on the counter, angling yourself so he wouldn't be able to see that you were talking to the cashier. “Look, you're not going to believe me, but the guy in the silver car kidnapped me and I don't know where he's taking me. I have to go back or else he'll come and get me. Can you please call the cops or something?” As soon as he nodded you paid for the items and went back out. You might've just saved yourself, all because Ryan was an idiot who thought he could trust you.