These Four Walls Pt 5

You quickly walked to your car as you ignored all the paparazzi, and just as you were about to open the door a voice stopped you. “What are you doing?” You paused and whirled around to face your mom, an annoyed expression on your face. “Leaving, what does it look like?” She sighed and held out her hand, but you just looked at her confused. “Y/N. Did you not pay attention at all in there? You're being fined, your license is suspended, you have to go to drug and alcohol counseling, and you're on probation” she explained shortly.

You looked at her in shock. You had just gotten out of court, but you admittedly didn't pay any attention to what was happening. “For how long?” She didn't answer right away, just took the keys from you. “Just get in the car Y/N.” You begrudgingly listened to her and slipped into the passenger side. Your mom started the car and got on the road, hands tightly gripping the steering wheel. She glanced over at you several times, which only caused you to be more annoyed.

“Will you stop looking at me? I'm not a baby that needs to be checked on all the time” you snapped. When you saw the hurt look on her face you instantly regretted your words. What she said to you didn't match her expression though. “You're right, you're not a baby. You're a 19 year old who has made some very stupid decisions and doesn't have anyone to say no to her. Well that stops today. Your bank account is being frozen, all of your party pals are being kicked out, and your dad and I are moving in with you” she said as if it would have no effect on you.

Your jaw dropped as you stared at her. “What?! You can't do that! It's my money, my house, and my friends!” you yelled. You had earned the money by working hard and you were the one who bought the house, so you could have whoever you wanted live in it. Your parents were not included in that group. “Yes I can. You've demonstrated time and time again that you aren't capable of making any good decisions. We gave you every opportunity in life and I don't know where you went so wrong.”

You glared at her, pissed off at what she was saying. “Fuck you” you said under your breath, but still hoped she'd hear it. If she did, she didn't react at all. Her voice was calm as she responded. “We'll talk when we get home.” The rest of the drive was spent in silence, just the way you liked it.

She broke the silence as the car pulled into your driveway. “You know that my love for you is unconditional, right? The same goes for your siblings, I just think you especially need to hear it.” You looked away from her, deciding what to say. “No mom, I don't. You can't just waltz back into my life and expect everything to be okay.” You were somewhat stunned at yourself for saying that, but to make her think you meant it, you got out of the car without another word.

You slammed the front door shut, knowing your mom was right behind you. You walked to the living room where you sat down on one of the couches with your head in your hands. Why were you being so rude to her? She was honestly trying to help and you knew that, but for some reason you kept saying hurtful things. It didn't make sense to you why you had forgiven Demi so easily, yet you wanted nothing to do with your parents. You were the one who had pushed them away, not the other way around.

Your mom sat down at the opposite end of the couch, probably to try and give you space. “Do you want to invite a friend over? It doesn't have to be just us if that makes you uncomfortable. Your boyfriend maybe?” At the mention of the word 'boyfriend', your head shot up. Why would she say that? Your heart started racing as you began to panic.

“N-no mom, I don't have a boyfriend.” She must never read any gossip sites, because most of them would question your sexuality constantly. You thought it was so rude, you had done enough questioning of yourself and didn't need it coming from people who didn't know you. It didn't matter at the end of the day anyway, because all you wanted was Demi.

“Oh, okay. I just thought that you would.” You stared down at your hands, unsure of how to talk about this. “Why would you think that?” You were nervous to hear her answer, but mostly just scared that she had figured everything out. “You don't have to be shy about this honey. I know there are probably tons of guys who would do just about anything to be with you. Why don't you give one of them a chance?”

You were relieved that she still had no clue, but at the same time it only caused you distress. You decided to take the easy way out. “I'm not interested in a relationship right now. People go crazy over stuff like that and I just want to focus on my show after all of this stuff.” You mentally high-fived yourself for coming up with such a good excuse. Your mom nodded in agreement. “Good. So any friends then? Maybe Demi? You had such a good friendship with her and I'm so happy that the two of you worked things out. She's a good influence on you, don't push her away again.”

You choked on your spit when she mentioned Demi. You didn't know what Demi was, but she certainly wasn't a friend. Friends don't kiss each other as much as you and Demi had in the past two days. Of course you wanted her to be more, but you understood that she wanted to take it slow. You didn't blame her and in fact, you actually agreed with her. You needed to get better before getting in a relationship.

“Y/N?” Your moms voice pulled you from your thoughts. “Huh?” you responded, pretending to not have heard her original question. “I asked if you wanted to invite Demi over. Do you?” No, you didn't. If she came over then you would just have to pretend like she was just a friend, and that would be too hard for both of you. After one year of not seeing each other it was almost impossible to keep your hands off of her, and she had the same problem. It would do no good for your mom to see that. “No thanks. I think she's in the studio today anyway.”

“That's a shame, maybe later.” You gave her a small smile, which she returned with a much bigger one. She was probably just glad that she was getting to spend more time with you. “What do you want to do then? Your dad won't be coming until later, so we have the whole day to ourselves.” She sounded hopeful, and you knew what you said next would either help or harm your recovery. What you really wanted to do was go and get high, but Demi had encouraged you to get rid of all the drugs in your house. Well, the ones you let her know about. You still had your secret stash that you wanted to keep just in case things got to hard, which they probably would at some point. For today though, you could resist them. “Actually mom, I wouldn't mind just doing nothing. It's been a year, so I was thinking we could just talk. I know I've got a ton of funny stories that you'll never read on any news site.” She smiled and pulled you into a hug, which you hesitated for a moment before returning. Maybe this wasn't going to be as hard as you thought.