Behind the Scenes Pt 7

You were quietly eating lunch by yourself in the break room, scrolling through a news site on your phone. It was actually time for you to leave the studio for the day, but you hadn’t left yet because there was more food here than at your apartment. You figured everyone else had already gone, which is why you almost fell out of your chair when someone slammed a plate down next to you.

“Don’t tell me you’re actually eating that crap.” You regained your composure, rolling your eyes when you saw that it was Demi. “I was hungry and impatient, and this was the easiest thing to make” you mumbled in defense of your instant noodles. Demi took them away and put her plate in front of you instead. “Here, eat this” she explained.

You looked down at the new food, confused when you saw that she had essentially given you a full meal. “What you’re eating is unhealthy. I need you to start making smarter choices when it comes to what you eat. If you don’t, I’ll start preparing all of your meals for you.” Her tone was strict, making you bite your tongue to hold back a laugh.

“Since when do you tell me what is and isn’t okay to eat? I’m an adult, I can take care of myself” you insisted. Demi scoffed from next to you, and you wondered if there was something you were missing. “Y/N, did you or did you not tell me that you were tired of taking things so slow?” You could never forget telling her that, so of course you nodded.

“Good. I have some other things to do, but when I’m done I’m coming over to your house.” She got up and left without saying anything else. You picked up an apple that was on the plate, rolling it in your hands. “This is so stupid” you muttered, taking a bite of the crispy apple.

When you got home, you looked around and decided that your apartment was too messy and needed to be cleaned. For some reason you felt the need to impress Demi. She hadn’t said what time she would be coming over, so it was probably a good idea to start cleaning right away.

The doorbell rang about two hours later as you were doing the dishes, so you quickly dried your hands and ran to the door. “Expecting someone?” she smirked, walking in without waiting for your invitation. She stood in the middle of the living room as she looked around in observation.

“You know, I kinda expected you to have more things. Your place seems…empty.” You would’ve been offended, but she was actually right. Other than a small TV and a couch, your living room was completely empty. The same could be said for the rest of your apartment. You only had the essentials and nothing more.

“Most of what I earn goes straight to paying my bills, and what I don’t spend I put into my savings” you explained to her. Demi nodded, walking to the kitchen with you right behind her. “Savings? So you want to have a family someday?” You really hated how intuitive she was. You could’ve meant anything by what you said, but Demi only mentioned the real reason. “Yeah, someday” you echoed.

She opened your fridge and bent down in front of it, taking stock of everything you had. You weren’t that surprised when she reached in and started taking things out. “I want you to throw all of this crap away. I’m going to make you a list of what you should start buying. You need to stop eating this unhealthy stuff.” Her criticism of your eating habits annoyed you to a slight degree. “Why?” you asked defensively. She didn’t reply until she had finished with your fridge and moved to your pantry. “You need to build stamina. And while we’re on the subject, I want you to join a gym. Just because you have a nice body doesn’t mean that you’re fit.”

You rolled your eyes at her request, although you knew it would be followed by many more. She was fine with your pantry, only taking out a few items. “Okay. I want to see your bedroom.” You pointed her in the right direction, lingering behind to throw away everything she had taken out. Sighing as you threw away a bag of your favorite chips, you forced yourself to realize that it wasn’t such a bad thing to get healthy.

You joined her in the bedroom, watching curiously as she pressed on your mattress with her hands. “How old is this thing? You need to get a new one. Sleeping comfortably is important for you.” This time, you scoffed loudly at her demand. “Did you not hear me earlier? All of my money is practically spent before I even have it. The food I can handle, but I simply can’t afford a gym membership and a new mattress.”

She didn’t blink once while you were talking, staring at you unfazed. “So I’ll pay for it” she said with a shrug.” There was no way you would let her do that. “I wouldn’t feel comfortable if you did that.” However, Demi was determined and she wasn’t going to take no for an answer. “I wasn’t asking for your permission. You’re mine now, understand? I control what you do in the bedroom, and everything that might have an impact on your performance. If you aren’t 100% positive that you want this, tell me and I’ll leave.” Her voice was full of anger, as if she thought you weren’t fully committed. How many times did you have to tell her that you were?

“You know what Demi, you’re the one who’s always asking that same question. Maybe you’re the one that’s unsure and I should just go find someone better.” You knew right away that you had said the wrong thing. Demi shut her eyes for a moment and took a deep breath before reopening them.

“First of all, don’t ever talk to me like that. You’re never going to find someone better than me. Ever. Remember how you said that you didn’t want me, but you needed me? Fine. I’m going to pay for all of the things that you can’t afford. You agreed to this, and I agreed to have the responsibility of taking care of you. Is that clear? No more screwing around and taking things one step at a time. If you need me, then you’re getting all of me.”