Not So Bad

You squeaked and almost stumbled over your feet when you felt someone brush their hand against your ass. It wasn't too firm of a touch, just hard enough for you to know it was fully intentional. You looked behind you just in time to see Demi smirking at you before turning the corner.

You should've known it was her. You were just an average student, but Demi was higher on the social ladder. It didn't make sense to you why she chose to harass you out of all the students in the school. You continued staring in the direction she had turned, interrupted only by your best friend popping up next to you.

“What're you looking at?” she asked, searching the area with her eyes. You snapped out of it and shook your head, turning to face her. “Oh, hey Annie. I was just daydreaming. Do you want to stay here for lunch or try to sneak off campus?” She took a moment to think and you almost laughed at how serious she looked. “Stay. I'm too lazy to drive” she concluded. You nodded and walked to the cafeteria, putting your stuff down at a table and then going to get some food.

You were waiting in line with a tray in your hands when someone pressed up against you. At first you didn't think anything of it, because it wasn't unusual for this to happen in the lunch line. However, when you felt heavy breathing on your neck you instantly knew who it was.

“That food looks gross. I have something better for you to eat” Demi whispered in your ear so nobody else could hear. You blushed at what she was insinuating, not looking at her. You ignored her comment and paid for your food, walking back to your table. Only when you sat down did you glance over at her. She was already sitting with her group and talking animatedly. She caught you looking at her and she winked, causing you to blush even more and quickly look away.

“You're red as a tomato. What happened?” Annie sat down at the table along with all of your other friends, laughing at the pink tinge on your cheeks. “It's Demi” you mumbled. Right away they knew what you meant, because they had seen the way Demi treats you on multiple occasions.

They were all looking at you, waiting for you to explain what exactly she had done. You were embarrassed just thinking about it, so you made something up. “She invited me to sit with her. As a joke, of course.” Annie was the first to laugh, reaching over to pat your arm sympathetically. “Personally, I think you two would make a cute couple.”

You almost choked on the water you were trying to swallow, sputtering and looking at her like she was insane. She might as well have been for even thinking that. To your chagrin, all of your other friends seemed to nod in agreement. “Why? Why would that ever happen? She's just a bitch who likes messing with me.”

They all shared a knowing glance amongst themselves, adding to your frustration. Nobody answered you, deciding to change the conversation. “Screw you guys” you pouted, looking down at your food. Your mind started drifting to Demi, but she was the last thing you wanted to think about. To get her off your mind, you shook away your annoyed mood and joined in on the conversation.

After lunch, you walked to your Physics class and sat down in your usual spot. When the bell rang, you glanced at the desk next to you and noticed that the girl who usually sat there was absent. It didn't bother you, it's not like you were friends with her anyway. You pulled out your notebook and got ready to take notes, not seeing that someone had walked into the classroom.

You heard someone talking to the teacher and your heart plummeted when you recognized the voice. What was Demi doing here? It was too late in the semester to transfer, or that's what you thought. Demi handed the teacher a slip of paper that he looked over and accepted, waving with his hand for her to find a seat. You sunk lower and lower into your seat as she surveyed the room, praying that she somehow wouldn't notice you.

It was only wishful thinking though, because the only empty desk happened to be the one next to you. You made a mental note to never let that girl cheat off of your papers ever again. “Is this seat taken?” Demi asked with a sly grin as she walked up to the desk. “She's absent today” you mumbled, avoiding her eyes.

“I'm sure I'll be better company than her” she said as she sat down. You didn't reply to her, hoping she would just leave you alone. It worked, because you heard her huff and pull out her things. You had never really gotten a good look at her, probably due to the fact that you did your best to stay away from her. But the lecture today was rather boring, and you couldn't help it when you let your gaze wander over to her.

She was busy texting under her desk, so she wasn't paying any attention to what you were doing. Her hair looked so soft that you just wanted to run your fingers through it. You found yourself actually having to restrain yourself from doing just that. You were so entranced by just looking at her that you didn't missed her putting her phone away and looking straight at you.

“See something you like?” she said with a raised eyebrow. Flustered, you quickly muttered something about not feeling good and rushed off to the restroom, not even bothering to ask for permission. You gripped one of the sinks and leaned onto it for support. You didn't understand why you were freaking out. It was just Demi, why did it matter that she caught you looking at her? Oh right, ever since Annie mentioned that you would look cute together that's all you could think about.

It's not like it mattered, there was no way Demi had ever thought that. The only reason she messed around with you was because she knew it annoyed you. You closed your eyes to take a deep breath, trying to calm yourself down.

“You okay?” Fuck. She seemed to follow you everywhere, like there was no escaping her. You whirled around to face her, doing your best to glare at her. “Will you just leave me alone?” you snapped. She looked amused, going so far as to laugh softly. She took a step towards you, forcing you to take one back. There wasn't much room for you to move because the sink was right behind you.

“Are you sure that's what you want?” She was standing so close to you that you could almost feel her body heat. You nodded, but she seemed to be able to tell that you were unsure. “I guess you don't like when I do this.” She dropped her hands to your hips, gripping tightly and pulling you closer to her. Your breath hitched at her touch, something she didn't miss.

“Demi...” you started, not sure where this was going. Demi, on the other hand, knew exactly what she was doing. “Stop fighting it” she whispered, connecting her lips to yours immediately after. You squirmed and tried to get away, but she refused to let go. After a few seconds of struggling you realized that you actually did like the kiss. You cautiously started kissing back, getting more into it as the intensity increased. You pulled away when you needed air, slightly panting. “So, will you leave me alone now?” you asked, not really knowing what you wanted her to say. She squeezed your hips tighter, apparently she knew what you wanted. “After that? Not a chance.”