Not What You Think

You gratefully sat down in your chair, slightly woozy from having been standing. You hadn't been feeling somewhat sick all day, but decided to suck it up for Demi's business meeting. Your head was pounding and it didn't help that random people kept trying to talk to you. Everyone was served a a plate of pasta and you were positive that if you ate even just a little bit, you would throw it all up.

Hearing and seeing other people eat make you feel even worse. Demi was in deep conversation with her producer, so you placed your hand on her thigh under the table. To your annoyance, she brushed it off without sparing you a second glance. What the fuck? You tried again, only for her to glare at you and roughly shove your hand away again.

All you wanted to do was tell her that you were feeling sick and she was blowing you off. “Demi” you whispered. Her head shot around to glare at you again. “What?! You're being so inappropriate right now Y/N. Go take care of it yourself” she whispered back angrily. You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion. What was she talking about? If your mind hadn't been so hazy you probably would've slapped her for what she was implying, but since you weren't feeling that well you thought she just didn't care that you were sick.

You decided to just try some of the pasta so you wouldn't seem rude. As soon as you swallowed you knew you made a big mistake. You quickly excused yourself, smoothing your dress down before hurrying to the bathroom. You barely had time to close the stall door before dropping to your knees and vomiting. When you were done you grabbed some toilet paper to wipe off your mouth, tossing the wad into the toilet and flushing. You didn't have the energy to get up, so you just leaned around the door for a bit.

You didn't hear the bathroom door open, so you jumped slightly. “Are you serious Y/N? This is an important meeting for me and all you can think about is sex?” It was Demi, and she was pissed. “What?” you croaked, voice hoarse from throwing up. She took the hoarseness as being from something else. “If you're touching yourself in there Y/N...so help me I swear we won't have sex for a very long time.”

Where did she get the idea that you were turned on? If anything you were the complete opposite. Her uncalled for accusation gave you the energy to get up and open the door. “Do I looklike I'm in the mood? Fuck you Demi. If you think I'm horny when in reality I feel like shit maybe we don't know each other well enough to be together” you spat.

She stared at you in shock at what you said. Okay, maybe it was a but drastic, but that was just because you weren't feeling well at all. You had finished washing your hands and rinsing out your mouth by the time she realized she had completely messed up. “Wait, you don't mean that Y/N. Why didn't you just say something?” You rolled your eyes at her but didn't reply. She moved her hand up, placing the the back of it against your forehead.

“You're burning up. Come on, we're leaving.” She wrapped her arm around your waist and tried to walk out of the bathroom, but you stopped her. “No, this meeting is important for you. I'll go by myself and you can stay” you insisted. “Yeah, but you're health is important too. And since you're pretty damn important to me I get to put you first. Let's go.”

She explained the situation with her manager who agreed to reschedule. “Do you want the air on or off?” she asked once you had gotten in the car. You thought for a moment before concluding that you were actually cold, despite the warm atmosphere. “Off” you mumbled, suddenly feeling tired. As she started the car she glanced over at you, reaching over the center console to hold your hand.

You must've drifted off, because the next thing you knew you were being shaken awake. “Do you want me to carry you in?” You shook your head but she picked you up anyway. “I wasn't actually going to let you walk” she said with a chuckle. She gently set you down on the bed, but you stopped her when she reached for your zipper. “I can do it myself” you said, suddenly feeling shy for no reason.

“Babe, you're so adorable when you're sick. I've seen everything, remember? Just let me do it.” You gave in and let her remove your dress, blushing as she did so. “You're still beautiful right now. Here, you can do this yourself” she said while handing you a shirt and sweats. You managed to put them on then slipped under the blanket, hugging your pillow. “Do you need anything? Some medicine?” You cracked an eye open and looked at her. “No medicine, I'll probably just throw it up.” You closer your eyes again, expecting for Demi to go away.

You heard her walk into the bathroom and set something down by the bed. “Here's the trashcan just in case...” she explained. This time you didn't hear her walk away. You opened both eyes this time and saw she was standing awkwardly. “What?” you asked confused. She fiddled with her thumbs before answering. “I don't really know what to do” she admitted while blushing. If you had been feeling better you would have laughed at how cute she was. “You don't have to do anything. You can leave if you want.”

She shook her head, running her fingers through her hair. “I want to take care of you though.” You rolled over so you were facing away from her. “Cuddling might make me feel better, unless you don't want to get sick.” She was in bed with you in a flash. “Don't worry about me, I never get sick.” It was a lie and you knew it, because she got sick more than anyone else. “Thanks” you whispered, snuggling closer to her. “Anything for you baby. Maybe when you're feeling better we can do some of what I thought you were trying.”