Special Kind of Pretty

Demi would be coming home in a few minutes and you were impatiently waiting for her. Your body confidence had been almost nonexistent for most of your life but Demi had helped you feel secure with yourself, so you were going to thank her by wearing sexy lingerie. While she was at work you had gone shopping and bought a matching set of bra and panties that were black and purple.

You were wearing a white silk robe over them that ended mid-thigh. You never thought you would say it, but when you looked at yourself in the mirror you couldn't deny that you actually looked sexy. You were proud of yourself for no longer letting your insecurities take control, and you knew that Demi would be proud as well.

When you heard her car door slam shut you rushed downstairs to greet her. Just like you did every day, you greeted her with a kiss. You frowned when she turned her head, making the kiss land on her cheek instead. You chose not to say anything, brushing it off as a simple mistake.

“I've been waiting for you all day” you whispered. She looked you up and down but you couldn't tell what she was thinking. “If you're trying to impress me then you're doing it wrong. Try harder next time, that doesn't look good at all and I'm almost embarrassed for you.”

She might as well have slapped you across the face. There wasn't the slightest hint of regret in her eyes. You stared at her, waiting for her to snap out of it and take it all back. Her pride prevented her from apologizing, yet she kept her eyes pointed at the ground out of shame. This was the last thing that you thought would happen.

“Fuck you.” She showed no reaction as you turned around and went upstairs to your bedroom, loudly slamming the door behind you. If she was in a bad mood then why couldn't she just have said that she wanted to relax and be left alone? It would've been easier to understand and wouldn't have hurt as much as what she had said.

You went over to the dresser and pulled out a t-shirt and sweats, quickly putting them on. It was ironic how the one person who had helped you gain confidence could manage to rip it all to shreds within a matter of minutes. You tried so hard to keep your tears at bay, but they still fell. A part of you hated her for the way she had talked to you.

Your logical side knew that she had only insulted you because she wasn't in a good mood, but that didn't make you feel any better. You stood up from where you were sitting on the bed and walked into the bathroom. Pulling the shirt off, you glared at your reflection in the mirror.

Demi was right. You didn't look good at all. You had been delusional to think that you could ever be sexy. Criticizing every detail of your body hadn't been in your plans for the night. As you counted all of the imperfections that you could find, you noticed some movement in your peripheral vision.

“Leave me alone” you said, putting the shirt back on but not facing her. She took a few steps until she was standing to you; her arm brushing against yours. “I'm sorry” she mumbled. You scoffed and rolled your eyes, not believing her for one second. “There's a difference between feeling bad and being sorry. You don't need to say anything though because you're right. I looked like an idiot.”

She shook her head and put her hand on your side, turning you so you had no choice but to look at her. “No, don't you dare say that. I'm a terrible girlfriend for letting a bad day piss me off enough to take it out on you. Nothing that I said is true. I was being a bitch and I wanted you to feel the way I felt. Baby, you're gorgeous. My jaw almost dropped when I opened the door and saw you.”

You still didn't believe her. Out of all people, she should understand how just a few words could destroy someone. “I don't want to talk to you right now” you said quietly, looking at your reflection again. She didn't leave, instead shuffling closer to you.

“How can I prove that I really do think you're beautiful?” You gave her no answer, forcing her to figure it out by herself. Her eyes remained on you while she tried to think. “When you're dressed like this I find you incredibly irresistible. Somehow you manage to make an outfit for a lazy day look incredibly sexy, but at the same time it makes me want to cuddle with you all night. Don't get me wrong, you were stunning earlier, but there's a simplicity to the way you look now that makes your allure impossible to ignore.”

You blushed at her seemingly endless string of compliments. Assuming that she was forgiven, she wrapped her arms around you and gave you a warm hug. “If I ever say anything like that again you have every right to slap me as hard as you can” she said with a chuckle. “Do you really want to cuddle with me all night?” She smiled and nodded, grabbing your hand and leading you to the bed. “I'd rather do this than anything else” you said while kissing her neck softly. She swallowed a moan, keeping in mind that you just wanted to cuddle. “Can you do me a favor?” You furrowed your eyebrows, wondering what she could possibly want you to do. “Wear this all the time. I want you to know that even when you don't feel sexy, you're still breathtaking to me.”