Temporary Forever

Wattpad decided to lock the previous chapter, so here's a link on Twitlonger: tl.gd/n_1s2qul7

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I can't believe you're getting another tattoo” you grumbled while rolling your eyes. Demi gave you a cheeky grin, slipping on her leather jacket. “I promise you'll like this one.” You actually liked all of her tattoos, it just didn't make sense to you why she felt the need to get another. “What's so special about this one that I can't come with you?” She stopped by the door and turned her head to look at you. “It's a surprise! I'll see you later, okay?”

She blew a kiss to you and left, leaving you alone to wait for her to get back. Lately she had been really secretive with you. You trusted her completely, but it annoyed you that she didn't let you go anywhere with her anymore. Was she ashamed to be seen with you? She must be, because in 3 years of being together she had never acted like this. You decided that when she got back you wold talk to her, even if she tried to avoid the conversation.

It was around two hours later when she came back. “Hey” was her simple greeting as she shut the door behind her. You glanced up at her from your spot on the couch and tried to find her new tattoo, but instead you noticed she had her right palm wrapped up. “Why is it covered up?” you asked, genuinely curious. Her smile dropped and she stared at her hand, as if she was trying to come up with an excuse. “I just didn't want the paparazzi to see” she finally said.

You didn't want her to know that you really didn't believe her, so you nodded in understanding. “Can I see it then?” You fully expected her to say yes, but she hesitated. “Not right now, it's still kinda sore.” You looked at her in disbelief, she had literally just used that same hand to close the door. “Yeah right Demi. Why can't you just tell me the truth for once?”

She looked at you shocked at your quick change in attitude. “What are you talking about?” You huffed and crossed your arms as she sat down next to you. “You never tell me anything these days. Whenever you go out you don't let me come with you. Now I can't even see your tattoo? If you aren't happy with me just tell me, because I'm tired of this.”

She was speechless as you finished talking. When she didn't answer you became even more frustrated. “You really have nothing to say? I'll be up in our room when you're ready to talk.” You got up and stormed off to the bedroom, not exactly surprised when she didn't follow you. You settled on the bed and picked up a book to read so you could try and calm yourself down. Maybe you had overreacted, but at least now Demi knew how you were feeling.

30 minutes later when you felt the bed dip beside you, you didn't even look at her. “I'm sorry” she said quietly. You shrugged, needing more than that to forgive her. “Will you look at me first?” You sighed and looked away from the book and into her eyes. You were about to say something when she kissed you, knowing that was your weakness. You relaxed into it, closing your eyes when her hand came up to brush your hair out of the way.

Wait a second. You opened your eyes quickly when you realized that her palm was no longer covered up. You looked at it through your peripheral vision, gasping when the words came into focus. “Demi...is that real?” She smiled against your lips, pulling away to look at you. “Only the question.”

Written on her palm in plain black ink were the words “Will you marry me?” Tears were already blurring your vision when her other hand moved to hold something in front of your face. You blinked a few times to clear your eyes and you could see that it was a ring. “So...will you marry me?” You nodded quickly and tried to say yes, but you were too busy kissing her to talk. She slipped the ring onto your finger, smiling widely. You pulled away to admire the ring, feeling her eyes on you. “You're a dork for making me worry. Now go wash that off because it's cheesy and I can tell it's bothering you.” She laughed, saying “Sorry, I just wanted to be original. And I think I might just leave it on a bit longer, I want to look at it and be reminded of your answer.”