Don't Blame Me Pt 2

You were getting Kelsey settled into the car when Demi came running out of from the building, stopping next to you as she tried to catch her breath. “I'm not letting you leave without fixing things. I can't handle the thought of us being away from each other and you being mad at me. That's not how I want our relationship to be” Demi said while panting. You buckled Kelsey in before turning around to give Demi a piece of your mind.

“Really? You don't want our relationship to be like this? Well did you ever think that maybe I didn't want you to cheat on me with the scumbag? Fuck, and I was actually starting to think he wasn't that bad. Just let me leave Demi, I need to think about this.” You tried walking past her to get into the car but she didn't let you move. “Demi, let me go. You're being ridiculous” you said. She snatched the keys from your hand, stuffing them into her pocket where you couldn't get them. “Not until we work this out. Just let me tell you exactly what happened” she said, leaning against the car.

You gave up, crossing your arms in annoyance that you had to spend more time in her presence than you wanted. “He came into my room and was claiming that he would leak pictures of me if I didn't sleep with him. I obviously panicked, that's the only reason I let him touch me. I know that I could've stopped him, I just don't know why I didn't” Demi mumbled, the look on her face letting you know that she hadn't planned on saying that. “Maybe you didn't stop him because you didn't want to, did that ever cross your mind? I understand that sometimes marriages get boring, but most people don't cheat when things don't go the way they want. Give me the keys and let me leave before you say anything else that you don't mean.”

You held your hand out for the keys which she gave you with a sad sigh. “Will you at least stay for the show tonight?” she asked, but she already knew the answer. “I don't think so. When you figure out where you're going to stay after your tour ends you can call me and tell me where I should take your stuff.” You hated that you had to do this, especially with Kelsey watching you. It was completely Demi's fault, you knew that. It was just in your nature to find a way to blame yourself, which is exactly what you were doing right now. As Demi walked back into the venue all you could think about was the different ways that might make this your fault.

You should've come to visit her sooner, or maybe you should've called more often. You only worked part-time, so you couldn't use work as an excuse for not checking in on Demi. Maybe Wilmer deserved her more than you did. He was always trying to get her back, even though you had been married to Demi for 7 years. You had gotten lazy in the relationship, not giving Demi the attention that she needed. Maybe you should be the one preparing to move out, not her. You looked at Kelsey in the backseat, wishing life was still as easy for you as it was for her. Why did love have to be so complicated?